Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: shooting lead bullets in 6.8SPC

Boolit Buddy

shooting lead bullets in 6.8SPC

My mold should be here in a day or so. I'll be pouring lead in a .277 mold Thursday or Friday. has anyone shot lead bullets in an 6.8 SPC??? if so what charge of powder(and what powder). I'm shooting lead in my 7.62x39 upper on an AR lower and it working just fine. 16, 17, 18 gr's of H 4198 works the action and is pretty accurate(out to 50 yards so far.)(with a 160 gr. gas check bullet) but 1680 will do the same thing. but I haven't tried doing the 6.8 SPC yet. any one????

Boolit Master
    have you chronoed your x39 load? id like to find a load that will stay sub sonic but still cycle the action for suppressor use.

Boolit Buddy
    No, I haven't chronoed yet, I've got the chrono but my tri-pod broke and I haven't been able to get another one yet! but yes, my loads are working the action of my AR(with the 7.62 upper) but at 15.5gr's of H 4198 the ejection is very marginal and with a longer bullet(read that lead) half the bullet would be in the case with the powder and that's not a good thing! but with 16 gr.s of H-4198 the recoil is very mild. and the action works every time! I'll try to get vel. data soon.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I've shot a paper patched 200gr spire point in a 24" SKS with 22.5 gr of IMR 4350 for 1600 fps at mag length . Single fed and stretched out 25.0 gives near 1800. Noting that the bbl in question is .305x.316 and will chamber. 321 with a .318 nose.

In a 6.8 SPCII AR 16" ,4 right ,1-11 twist , by Blackthorneproducts.com l have used 10x , h322 and h4198 with more or less jacketed loads.

This link details my efforts as an over simplified intro to casting with the NOE 279-124 .

I had a problem with accuracy failure that has been fixed test fired and is awaiting the 30 rounds of 5 shot test loads that pick up in smaller steps where everything started to fall out . If you have been casting a while you can skip down to I think about post 5 of 75 or so. The entire thread is about 15-20 minutes of reading and covers about 5 days in the shop and shooting. Winter blew in and stopped everything dead in its tracks ,I hope to reshoot the last loads in the next couple of weeks , Ms needs this for her hog rifle .
    http://68forums.com/forums/showthrea...g-on-the-cheap
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

I've shot 18gr of H4895 under a 134gr Ideal round nose and it cycles perfectly in my 18" Bison barreled 6.8. Velocity is around 1,800fps.