MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Traditional Round Ball Rifle Shooters

Sharpsman

Traditional Round Ball Rifle Shooters

Guys I've initiated a Traditional Round Ball Rifle Shooters section up in Community and for those of us that enjoy shooting the round ball....I invite you to join us!

Much obliged!

Boolit Buddy

Where? I don't see it.
    Μολὼν λάβε

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    In 'community' right under the main forum board header at the top of the page . First on the list , under groups .

What is the purpose of this group, that you have to join to see the content? We can talk traditional round ball shooting right here in this forum, right?

Perm-Banned
    secrets

Sharpsman
    What's the purpose of 'groups'?? Everyone doesn't share the same interest....do they??

Ok, I get that. But I have a question. Are the posts in the group just a filtered subset of the posts in the Muzzleloading forum, or are they separate posts, not seen in the Muzzleloading forum? If it's the latter, then I think people in the general Muzzleloading forum would be missing out on some interesting stuff. I guess we all have different ways of using the site, so to each his own. Personally I like that all the muzzleloading stuff is in one place, and I get to choose which threads I click on because of my individual interests. If the answer to my question is that the group only sees a filtered subset, then I think that would be pretty cool, but the filtering logic would be very difficult to accomplish.

Sharpsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHunter View Post
    Ok, I get that. But I have a question. Are the posts in the group just a filtered subset of the posts in the Muzzleloading forum, or are they separate posts, not seen in the Muzzleloading forum? If it's the latter, then I think people in the general Muzzleloading forum would be missing out on some interesting stuff. I guess we all have different ways of using the site, so to each his own. Personally I like that all the muzzleloading stuff is in one place, and I get to choose which threads I click on because of my individual interests. If the answer to my question is that the group only sees a filtered subset, then I think that would be pretty cool, but the filtering logic would be very difficult to accomplish.
    Go to the Group....which is available on this site....and appraise for yourself.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHunter View Post
    I agree. Why have to join to enven see if you want to? Don't make sense to me.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Perma-Banned
    seems to me the site's cluttered enough now with all the categories, sub-categories, off-branches, niches & splinter groups. don't really see the need for another when everything in it can be covered right here.

my opinion & yer welcome to it.

Boolit Master
    What bubba 50 said ,me too!

Boolit Grand Master

I can kind of see it because you always seem to get those that just want to argue or add their opinions like why just traditional or why just roundball shooters. I think they just want to keep it simple. Not sure I want to join yet another group though.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master
    I absolutely abhor in-lines, period, but to each their own.

Sharpsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mooman76 View Post
    I can kind of see it because you always seem to get those that just want to argue or add their opinions like why just traditional or why just roundball shooters. I think they just want to keep it simple. Not sure I want to join yet another group though.
    Whether or not you care to join....no problem! I'm sure you'd have some good input though!

Much obliged for your reply!

Boolit Buddy

I'd be interested, I just can't see where and how to find the thing

Boolit Master
    Not wanting to up-set the apple cart for some others here. Joining such a dedicated group would be those amongst us who prefer to shoot and/or talk about P/Rd Ball rifles and its related subjects only. I see no reason to question such a personal choice especially since this web site accommodates such activities. "Yup!! Just another group of fellows where I can hang my Kromer hat for awhile and chit-chat with." ~~~Sounds good to me y'll.

Boolit Grand Master

I joined. Not as much a big deal as I thought. Once you're in it just like going to a thread in another section. I didn't know about it before but I also saw and joined another group of interest.
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned
    Not a bad idea. On my forum I have a traditional section dedicated strictly to patched round balls. Its just to keep things pure and those who shoot conicals or anything else, have the other section of the forum. Its worked out great and has brought in a lot of new members.