RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Thompsons Blue Angle

Boolit Bub

Thompsons Blue Angle

Any one using this lube ? I just got 10 sticks. What temp are you using ?

Boolit Buddy
    It is pretty good lube. I was using it in warmer weather without a base heater on pistol bullets under 900 fps. No idea how it works on anything else.
    I have since switched to White Label Carnuba Red.

Bob

Boolit Master
    I used it not long after introduction; good results on rifle bullets. I probably tried it on handgun bullets, but don't recall. It definitely required a heated lubrisizer. Thompson used to have a booth at the SHOT Show in the early years, probably twenty-five years ago. He made four or five versions then. I didn't know the lube was still produced.

Boolit Master

I have used his lube for most of my handgun loads that are kept at moderate velocities. I am down to about 5 or 6 lbs and will have to switch then. I use lbt blue for high velocity stuff.
    gmsharps

We find Pb in the backstop, in 'pistol' rounds that still have that blue lube in the grooves and it looks as good then as when it was sized and lubed originally…almost…What does that say about it doing its job at low pressure and velocities?
    That question comes up every time we find one…then someone says that they like a softer consistency in their mix…how much/well it lubricates seems to be a pretty good question. It stores well and is not messy…guess that was the original intent over softer lubes…doesn't contaminate the power.
    But…you have it, why not use it?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

been using their lube for 28 years works for me

In Remembrance

For about 10 years I used `Cold Bear Blue` with a sizer heater that I made for my 450. The lube smelled very nice when shot indoors, never had a leading problem using it either fast or slow vels., now I use C. Red from Lars.Robert

Been running 120 degress with a magma lube master and magma/star lube sizer. Air assembly set to 80 psi. Magma heated base on lube sizer. The difference between magma and blue angle is the amount of temperature swing they have to flow properly. Magma has less swing where blue angle has more. Swing for example this time lube will flow between heater cycles. Magma has always given me headaches, especially in winter. One thing to remember is not to let the lube sticks get low to a point that it sticks to the plunger head. All kind of air gets trapped under the new stick and you get a mixture of air and lube. Looks white and funky. Bullets look like hell. You will need to get the air out for full lube groves. Use a smaller diameter bullet and run it into the die to push out the last bullet and allow the die to become empty. Pump the handle and discharge the funk. Let it stay in the die and remove when full. Again if needed. Thompsons has a learning curve. Cleaner bullet becaust the lube sets fairly hard quickly opposed to magma. The difference is incredible.
    Last edited by CASTING MACHINE; 04-29-2016 at 10:54 PM.

Boolit Master

I was concerned about its lubing properties so I mix half a stick of their red lube with a full stick of blue angel and pour it in my sizer/luber. I always melt my lube as it fills the sizer/luber's nooks and crannies much better than the plain stick
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place