Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: 7.92x33 kurz

Boolit Master

7.92x33 kurz

Is any one loading cast for the 7.92x33 kurz?

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Inquiring minds and all that, I see there is a new STG-44 coming on the market before long.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Yes. I owned an MP43 for several years until my government decided that as I was law abiding I couldn't be trusted to own it any more.

The bullet is the NEI .329 - 125 Kurz. Replicated the nose ogive of factory and feeds flawlessly. Make cases from any .473 head size brass like .308 or .30-06. Powder is something like RL7 or N120. Equalled factory velocities, good accuracy all the way to 500 yards, perfect functioning. What's not to like?

I liked the round so much I kept the mould and dies, intending to have a rifle made up on a martini action for short range target shooting but never got around to it.
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.

Boolit Master

I'm making another single shot rifle by stubbing a 7.92x57 barrel cutting the chamber back enough then rechambering to the kruz. Brass is available now and not too expensive so I'll get a couple of boxes. If I was to make them out of 06 brass then they would need to be neck reamed and I don't have a reamer right now.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Inquiring minds and all that, I see there is a new STG-44 coming on the market before long.
    I believe there already is a .22 LR version on the market.Robert

Boolit Master
    The new STG is supposed to be in 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.92kurtz, and thought they said 308.

Quote Originally Posted by augercreek View Post
    I'm making another single shot rifle by stubbing a 7.92x57 barrel cutting the chamber back enough then rechambering to the kruz. Brass is available now and not too expensive so I'll get a couple of boxes. If I was to make them out of 06 brass then they would need to be neck reamed and I don't have a reamer right now.
    Privi make the brass and ammo. My die set (which I would consider selling, along with the mould) includes a form and neck ream die as well as a neck expander for cast bullets.

Note that in the MP43 ejection of cases was pretty vigorous! If you shoot where there is long grass you WILL lose brass!!
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.

Hello Andrew,

Greetings from Munich, Bavaria.

My Gov is a bit more flexible so i intend to buy a MP43 overworked in semi-auto to be legal.

Could ypi pls help me with your experience with lead boolits for this caliber. I intend to buy N12o or N110. In Munich i can get PPU FMJ bullets and brass s well, but i think with lead i can improve accuarcy for 100meters and reduce the stress on the system as well. With PPU factory ammo the impact shows a circle of 110mm to 130mm.
    How were your results?

br
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by andrew375 View Post
    Yes. I owned an MP43 for several years until my government decided that as I was law abiding I couldn't be trusted to own it any more.

The bullet is the NEI .329 - 125 Kurz. Replicated the nose ogive of factory and feeds flawlessly. Make cases from any .473 head size brass like .308 or .30-06. Powder is something like RL7 or N120. Equalled factory velocities, good accuracy all the way to 500 yards, perfect functioning. What's not to like?

I liked the round so much I kept the mould and dies, intending to have a rifle made up on a martini action for short range target shooting but never got around to it.

Boolit Grand Master

If the NEI mold is Walt made, and almost certainly is, somebody jump on the offer to buy it. NEI is no longer a reliable or aceptible mold making company.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    If the NEI mold is Walt made, and almost certainly is, somebody jump on the offer to buy it. NEI is no longer a reliable or aceptible mold making company.
    First I've heard about this.............what happened?

Boolit Master
    The new StG 44 is being made by Hill & Mac Gunworks, ive been keeping tabs on this one for some time, its gonna be Awesome! Really good info /coverage from InRangeTV on YouTube.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy

I am loading for a Stg 44 using 125gr Hornady and T680 powder. PPU brass is good, but neck tension is iffy sometimes. tried the 308 brass route and gave up, just didnt work well. The 7mm BR brass did good but was pricey. Never considered the cast route for F/A. the gun gets kinda toasty....

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 3006guns View Post
    First I've heard about this.............what happened?
    In short - Walt died.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

What a shame. Great moulds and customer service. Hope they can get back up on their feet after a loss like that.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Bub
    If you are still interested in selling, I am a potential buyer.

PM sent!