MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Rubber Insert Grips for GP100

Rubber Insert Grips for GP100

I used to have a 3 inch gp100. I really wanted the compact grip for this revolver because the barrel was so short and it came with the large hogue. I ended up buying a large rubber insert grip, then purchasing inserts separate. So im looking at rugers websites for a front sight for my new 6 inch gp100 and what do I find... Rubber insert grips sold by ruger with the insert. Full size AND compact!

Those compacts were nearly impossible to find when I was searching and the full sized grips were around but not offered from ruger... Just a heads up for anyone on the look out because I know a lot of people seem to like that old style grip!

http://shopruger.com/Rubber-Grips-wi...uctinfo/70084/

http://shopruger.com/Rubber-Grip-w_-...uctinfo/70083/

Banned
    It's good to know they are available. The compact factory grip with the inserts is a fine grip for the GP-100 when one is seeking something a little more concealable. I have a set on a 3" GP and really like them.

Boolit Buddy
    Good to see them back. First thing I did when I got my GP-100 was trash the Hogues and buy a set of these to put on. Back then Brownells was the only place that had them, but they were only about $16.00.
    -William

"How air ye fixed fer meat, Del?" --John Johnson Crow Killer, The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson

My Feedback: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=stonecrusher

I purchased my large grip with no inserts from midway for around 15 bucks then paid another 20 for inserts from altamont. So they're a little pricey from ruger. Im assuming if ruger is producing the compact grips again (which I believe they werent before) they will be available from other places without the insert for cheap. Now I just need a shorter barrel gp100 again to put the grip on

Boolit Master

The 100 and 101 are a rare case where factory grips are what fits my hand and works the best, same to be said of the super red hawk. New grips are usually a first on a pistol for me, these seem to be just right.....I'm a big guy with small hands but my ham handed shooting buddies seem to agree with this.

Boolit Master
    Check out the altamont (altamontco.com) site. They have some interesting variations on the large original grips.
    Loren

Boolit Bub
    +++++1+++++ on the Alta Mont grips. They have a texturing to both the front and back strap. Also their compact grip is just a tad slimmer than the one Ruger has.

Boolit Master
    I like the Pachmayr Compac grips for the GP100, but they aren't easy to find these days
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master

I take an xlarge glove and these things feel good to me. I have changed grips on a lot of handguns. These stayed.