Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Liquid Alox Source

Boolit Buddy

Liquid Alox Source

Hello fellow casters! I'm new to caring and reloading and interested in where most of you that use liquid alox tend to buy it. I haven't see it in the stores near me (cabelas, gander mountain, mom and pop shops) so may have to get it online, so website suggestions are always helpful!

Banned

Boolit Master
    ^^^^^
    What he said.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Buddy
    *gasp* So affordable! This stuff with work with Bens liquid lube correct?

Banned

Yes...

Boolit Master

I wouldn't be surprised to see them offering BLL ready to use before long. They already do with 45-45-10. They've always done right by me.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy

Liquid Alox Source

Thanks for the advice guys, going to order some this week. About down to two ounces.

I have yet to buy any. As I expanded into new calibers new size kits arrived with their little bottles of Alox.
    I shoot a fair amount but a bottle of Alox lasts a long time in BLL.

x-lox is supposed to be about the same thing but, cheaper and in larger quantity bottles sold by member lar45. When I run out of the Lee Liquid Alox, I'm getting this.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Liquid Alox Source ... how many bottles do you want - $4.00 each plus shipping for 4oz bottle

Send PM
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    @John Boy looks like it's $0.56 an ounce shipped from the website listed above thanks for your offer tho! For name brand Alox that's probably one of the better prices I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by aquarist View Post
    @John Boy looks like it's $0.56 an ounce shipped from the website listed above thanks for your offer tho! For name brand Alox that's probably one of the better prices I've seen.
    I am finding like a lot of people have suggested that if you're into casting much at all, from trying different sizers and calibers you'll end up with more Alox/Xlox than you'll ever use. I make 45/45/10 and started off with a pint of Xlox from ebay. My gosh this stuff will last for forever. In the meantime I've squirreled away three bottles of the 4oz Alox that came with Lee sizing kits. Between that and what I still have left in the original bottle I can't see ever running out. So Xlox or Alox. Both are easy to grab off eBay for a couple dollars. Don't get too lost in your calculations of cost per ounce. Life is too short to be worried about $.56 an ounce vs. $1.00 and ounce. It'll last a lifetime.

Cast Boolits Owner

I purchased a gallon from Lar45 when he first began selling it. This product is very similar to "Cosmoline" which is used for long term preservation of metal items so in addition to lubing boolits I use it as a preservative for those casting / re-loading / gun items which see seldom use.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -