Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ncbs 2016

And don't forget the Awards Banquet on Sunday evening! Same as the last couple of years, it will be at the Martin Hotel at 6pm in their banquet room. Dinner will be their Basque Dinner which includes house wine, homemade bread, salad, soup, vegetables, fries as well as pork ribs, tri-tip, and chicken bisque, all served family style. No excuse for leaving hungry! Oh and desert is the best bread pudding in the state! Cost is $28/person and includes tip and tax...

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Attachment 169580
    Dinner was ok.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    Attachment 169580
    Dinner was ok.
    The dinner was way better than ok, but not without the help of Mary Hart and the other ladies that rounded up the desert and salad contribution. Mary spent the better part of the day organizing and timing the dinner cooking. She also organized the Sunday lunch with all of the leftovers from the bbq. Thank you Mary, Marlene, and all other ladies involved.

The bbq was wild pig. Two hind legs from a 65 pound pig cooked slow on the bbq. Also there was brisket precooked all day Thurs, then vacuum sealed and stored then cooked on the grill for a couple of hours Saturday eve. Chicken leg quarters rounded out the meal with Venison Polish sausage provided by FastAsleep aka Tim Janke. Sides were Okra enhanced Hoppin' John ala Onceabull, fresh kernel corn from Tim, with assorted salads, rolls, fruit etc bought locally.

It was HOT. But mother nature provided us with a nice calm breeze for most of the competition. I left the scoreboard in the banquet room so I will update with winners in a bit. But from my feeble memory....Yours truly won 50 yd rifle iron sight group from bench with a .735" and score offhand at 50 yd iron sight with a 48 1X campaigning my M1A and a NOE boolit. CobbMtMac took 100 yd rifle group with a 1.6" while Buck won the score honors with a 45 0X. Tim Janke won 25 yd group (the size escapes my memory but suffice it to say it was quite small) and scoped handgun 100 yard group (also very small). Buck won the practical rifle comp with a 7 hits out of 10 in 3 min on a gong at about 165 yards standing offhand and Buckshot won the 400 yard gong with a 3 out of 5. For the ladies Marlene took 50 yard score benched scope rifle with a 50 5X and Anita won the 100 yard scored benched scope rifle with a score that alludes memory, sorry. And Matt G won the 25 yd handgun score and again my memory fails me, sorry.

Our vendors again came through with some very nice donated prizes. Thanks go out to Swede Nelson, Randy Rat, Pat Marlin, Rockshooter and Andre for their generous participation.

Boolit Master
    At the Sunday night banquet Vicky was playing with her new i-phone trying to take some picturesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0076.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	169700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	169701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0105.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	169702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0109.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	169703Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0110.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	169704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0119.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	169705 The entire weekend was great, and the food as well.
    Hick: Iron sights!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I figured the grill pictures would speak volumes for the food ,which was amazing. We didn't make the Sunday dinner ,for the best actually, it seems the heat took a toll even on us ol desert rats that know better .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Marlene & I want to add our thanks to all, it was a tremendous weekend! Lots of hard workers, Ladies and Gentleman alike! ammohead mentioned Mary Hart, we also think she should get extra thanks for putting these wonderful meals together! ....and I mean wonderful!
    I have many many pictures, but I think most of you know, I am slow at getting them posted. It will be awhile this time for a couple of reasons, I have a new computer and Photo program. Then we have a priority with our recent lose/affairs. Hopefully I 'll be able to at least start to work on them next week.

It was so nice to be with YOU ALL! M&M
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Banned

how do I keep missing this..
    Littlegirl even asked if I was going because she wanted to bring her new Husband and take him squirrel shooting.

I would like to follow up on Mary Hart's suggestion, re staying at the Model T Quality Inn. We took the time to check it out on our way out of town, as we had never been there. We have been staying at the Winnemucca Inn for years, because of the conveniences and for several years we had Marlene's Mom with us. You know how things become habit forming. Then for many years we got a pretty good break, as most of the time I would book 4 rooms or more, well, we are not getting such a good deal anymore. We found the rooms at the Model - T, to be very clean with all the Amenities we have been used to.

The rate at the Model T, that Mary negotiated with the manager, William, is 1/2 of what we paid this year. Plus at the Model - T, you get a Hot breakfast in their restaurant, at the Winnie Inn, you’re lucky to get out the door for 10 bucks each.

When we talked to William, he said, "it $60. plus tax for 1 or 2 people and it includes a Hot Breakfast of your choice in our restaurant, it come to $67. and some change." (Mary verified this price on 6/8/16) Phone: 775-623-2588 ...First mention, you would like to book rooms under the: Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot, Group! ...If I have it right, NCBS 2017 will be, Fri. Jun. 2nd -- through Sun. Jun. 4th! If/when this is verified, we will Reserve our room about Feb. 2017, to insure we get the room of our choice. Handi-cap rooms are the same price, but they are limited.

.................... Lets give them 10 -15 rooms of business!
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 06-09-2016 at 08:40 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    Next year I will try to get some new brass cases gold plated so more trophies for events can be made. One of my suppliers of fishing lures supplied the gold plated 30/30's so I will prevail upon their good nature to maybe plate some 30/06's, 243's, and 45's. The ladies need a trophy of their own especially.

So sorry we missed the gathering this year. Looks like lots of fun was had and some really awesome cooking and eating too. With any luck at all we shall make it next year. JW

Boolit Man
    Thanks everyone for another great time! And a very special thanks to Mary for doing such a great job on organizing the meals.

Cheers,
    Tim

Hey to all,

I have finished NCBS 2016 pics. I put WINNERS pics in the mail, Fri. 7/1, so you should see yours soon, if you don't, let me know? ammohead (upon my begging) volunteered, to post the pictures here for me. They are on a disc in the package with his Double Winning Picture mailed, 7/2. I lost many pics due to a malfunction of some kind, on my smaller easier to use camera. So all the pics I took on Sat & Sun nights, had a great pink hue, I think I was able to save 3 of them and those are not very good. My Sony camera did come through. Vicky in Post #64 above, did take some nice pictures at Sunday night's Award Dinner happenings, a big thanks to you Vicky! Vicky or anyone that may have some or more pics, I am sure everyone will enjoy, if you POST them!

More soon, Mac
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 07-03-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Boolit Master
    Mac,
    Got the pictures a couple of days ago. They look great!
    Thanks so much for doing this, we all appreciate it!!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Super Moderator

Great pics!
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Super Moderator

To Mac...........................................

Mac,

Got my pictures, both nicely framed and 'Well Shot' however you must have used your wide angle lens by mistake as I look a bit "Chunkier then usual !

As per usual it was an event not to be missed, and I came away a S&W M25-5 heavier then when I arrived Gosh darn people with stuff they're willing to let go ...............

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Thanks for the picture Mac. It's very much appreciated.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Mac,

Got my pictures, both nicely framed and 'Well Shot' however you must have used your wide angle lens by mistake as I look a bit "Chunkier then usual !
    I've found that myself with all my recent pictures, I blame the 10lbs of weight the camera adds...and the beer adds another 20

I'm looking forward to 2017 for the next get together, hope to be there.

Hey Buckshot,

If I had of used the wide angle lens, all of the long barrel would be in the pic. Hey, maybe i need to invent a "slim lens", think it will sell?

DerekP Houston,,

Do come next year, it a blast and know you'll be WELCOME!

Keep on having FUN! Mac

Hey to all Nevada Cast Boolit Shooters!

I am going to start promoting and/or asking, someone or ones to consider, taking on the picture taking duties for the NCBS Events. In a few days , I’ll be 80 years old. I won’t abandon the picture taking completely, but sure would like to see others taking pictures and maybe one of you taking on the task I have enjoyed doing for many years!

This all kind of evolved, in 2003, My first time at NCBS. I surprisingly won an Event, I and others had taken some pictures. So low and behold, I framed a pic and placed it beside the “Golden Wheel Weight” Trophy, that had been awarded to me. It seemed very pleasing! .….I thought, don’t be selfish, ……I am sure others would enjoy pictures of their WINNING Events, ……and so, the process began in 2004 and unknowingly, not intentionally, I seemed to take on the role as, “Unofficial Photographer” of NCBS. I am hoping, if others have backed off because if this, that you will re-engage in the activity and perhaps collectively, edit and publish your pictures on the Cast Boolit Board (as some have done). Then hopefully, one of you, will continue with printing and sending the WINNERS pictures of their events! I do have some experience I would gladly be helpful, if someone takes over and should ask me to.

It has been a blast being involved, however, I think it’s time for the younger set to take over! Thank you, Mac

Boolit Master
    I hearby officially offer to hide from all picture taking events to reduce the amount of pictures needed . Nice try though mac! Hope fully it is a nice "dry heat" compared to our sauna here. If yall need someone younger to pick stuff up or make the butt of jokes I'm your man though.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast