Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ncbs 2016

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
    Is everyone still going to meet at the Griddle for lunch around noon on Friday?
    You bet!

Boolit Master
    Previous years, we have set the lunch timing for 1 PM or shortly after. Part of the reason being, to give some of the travelers time to get there without having to leave home before 5 AM!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

Hey Bill, yeah I kind of forgot about that rush they get at 12.
    Maybe we should say 1:00
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    I would have set it at 1 PM myself, BUT, I'm very good on dodging responsibility for ANYTHING..!!! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rockshooter View Post
    Quilbilly-
    May follow you back to your campsite this year just to find the place. Not sure yet if I'll take the teardrop. I will take a .223 tho. Counting on my fingers, looks like this year is my 5th.
    Rockshooter
    If you are still interested, we can run up to the place after breakfast on Friday at the Winnemucca Inn but before the 1 pm get-together. If you want to see the place from satellite, Google Adelaide Mine, Nevada a then scroll the sat picture over to Layson Creek. The sat. shows the small pond I will be camping on just north of the head of the creek. The satellite doesn't show the vertical rock cliffs on either side of the pond.

Super Moderator

..........Will leave So. Cal Friday AM so, I'll be there Friday evening for the Rooles Committee meeting, but won't make the get together at the Griddle. I suppose I should hit Harbor Freight for a new megaphone!
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    quilbilly:
    I won't be getting there until noonish- maybe that PM we can do it- not much really happens Fri PM except for sighting-in
    Loren

We have the banquet room at Chihuahuas Restaurant reserved for 6pm on Friday for the Rules Comittee Meeting and social gathering.
    Also reserved chairs and a dozen tables - hope they don't sell out to HS Graduation as last year. Might be advisable to bring a folding table if space permits.

Confirmation for awards banquet to follow. Most likely Martin Hotel banquet room; same as last few years.

Best Regards,
    Tom

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by 7s&8s View Post
    We have the banquet room at Chihuahuas Restaurant reserved for 6pm on Friday for the Rules Comittee Meeting and social gathering.
    Also reserved chairs and a dozen tables - hope they don't sell out to HS Graduation as last year. Might be advisable to bring a folding table if space permits.

Confirmation for awards banquet to follow. Most likely Martin Hotel banquet room; same as last few years.

Best Regards,
    Tom
    Thank you Tom. See you in a week!

Boolit Master
    Is the social gathering open to all?
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    We are a pretty congenial bunch but there are some politicians I would have to think on. People like us are an acquired taste. We also speak our own language that has all kinds of numbers and letters. I am sure you are the best judge.

Boolit Master
    What quilbilly is trying to say, is, "We would welcome your attendance - but be warned, we are not mainstreamers!"

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    There is no part of this weekend that is not open to any of the participants. If you are going to be at the shoot certainly attend the Rools (rhymes with fools) Committee meeting Friday evening at Chihuahua's. Casual dinner with a quick rundown of rules and events and a fun meet and greet. Friday at 1:00 pm a bunch will be meeting at the Griddle for lunch so join in and get a early intro to the guys and maybe help with some of the set-up. This also goes for the Saturday BBQ and Sunday evening banquet and prize awarding. Come to everything or just what suits you. Welcome. Shooters and potential shooters have never been turned away from the firing line either. If you have some guest you want to bring they are welcome as well even politicians....some as shooters, some as targets. lol.

Boolit Master
    I bring some extra ammunition for newcomers or visitors to try my firearms as do most of the rest of us. It can be an amazing experience for many. It certainly was for me at my first NCBS. The reaction of "Love Life" , until recently, a very active member of our community, when he shot my 338 WM with CB's at the 400 yard gong was priceless when he came to NCBS.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 05-27-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Boolit Master
    Don't get out of school until 2:40 (teaching-- not learning), So I won't make it to the griddle, but I'll be there for the Rools Committee and social
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

Look forward to meeting you Hick.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Asleep View Post
    Looks like Tom has already made reservations to use the range building as well as the barbeque there for both Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch. Thanks Tom!
    I also checked on whether alcoholic beverages would be allowed at the range--after shooting--for dinner. The answer is--no alcohol is to be consumed at the range at any time, period. I heartily support this rule and suspect the rest of us do as well.
    When I got around to making reservations in March, the training room had already been booked for CCW training back in January... So we have reservation for Saturday only... guess we'll have to improvise on Sunday.
    Tom

Vendor Sponsor
    No worries. We will have lots of tables and chairs. We have done it before. I am going to bring my gazebo for additional shade. Word is that there is a heat wave coming.

This is Cookie Cutter posting. I wanted to let everyone know that I did manage to bake the GUN COOKIES! To be served on Saturday at coffee break or sooner!!! Anita Townsend said she will get some desserts for Sat. night. At Friday night meeting perhaps we can discuss how many people will attend the Sat. night event and get some volunteers for the rest that we need. Thank you all for your kind words regarding my Mother's passing. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Man
    I'm gonna miss it again this year, great memories and wish you all a safe fun trip. One of these days I'm gonna have to fix my priorities list. Enjoy, MoldyJoe
    You always think you have enough Boolets, until the Zombies come.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast