Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ncbs 2016

Vendor Sponsor
    If someone could round up some NRA repair centers for the events that would help out. I have some but probably not enough. I also need to make sure that I have enough clays drilled to hang for the team rifle event. Not much longer now. With any luck I will still be unemployed and can have all the time there that I want.

Boolit Master
    I will be cutting the wood ("music wood" maple) to make the "Rifleman's Award" trophy today and getting the plaque made next week. As in previous years it will be at a mystery distance (between 100 and 200 yards) and you get a maximum of ten shots at the 9x14 gong in three minutes, standing, and with iron sights. Might be a little farther this year just to keep things interesting.
    A bit of trivia - The guitar maker for the recently passed Prince lived in the NW and used "music wood" maple in those guitars according to a recent TV news story.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    AT LAST.! ! !! ! It's my Okra enhanced HoppinJohn side dish...Never fear, The Okra chunks are big enuff that one can fish them out,prn...& Various Tabasco stuff on the side for those who need extra scovilles...Onceabull...
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    How about advice for the uninitiated? I stumbled across NCBS last year but didn't have the time to stick around. I'm wondering about the little things like $ or a collection to help offset costs by those supplying stuff? Anything to bring not mentioned yet? (I saw the post about the BBQ) When and how to help out?-- all those little details that you all know that aren't written down anywhere (just don't want to do something stupid). Thanks
    Hick: Iron sights!

Hick,
    Reading your post, says to me, your are one of us! You will fit right in! I will answer some of your questions and I am sure others will chime in.

1. There are no formal fees. 2. Yes, collections are taken up to help offset costs. 3. As what to bring, stay tuned here for suggestions. There will be a, Friday night Rools Coommitttie Meeting, place and time will be announced before long, you can certainly ask at that time or not.

Again, welcome to the group, come have FUN with us!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Hick, if one would query any of the NCBS original cast of CHARACTERS,--the litany of things that I did during the first couple of events after I found them,would keep you occupied until lunch time.... But I kept on keeping on until I got 2 out of 3 right every third year..I'm sure you will be able to exceed that record... Onceabull

Boolit Master
    I would suggest for your first event just bring yourself, a couple of firearms with 100 rounds for each, and say hello to everyone. Help with the setup where you can. Kick back and enjoy the party. This is just my sixth and I am still learning. I haven't met anyone at NCBS yet who wouldn't be welcome in my duck blind.

Boolit Master

Bruce,
    I have repair centers that I can bring.
    100 25 yard and close to 200 50 yard centers along with a couple hundred SR1's.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like Tom has already made reservations to use the range building as well as the barbeque there for both Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch. Thanks Tom!
    I also checked on whether alcoholic beverages would be allowed at the range--after shooting--for dinner. The answer is--no alcohol is to be consumed at the range at any time, period. I heartily support this rule and suspect the rest of us do as well.

Despite what some witnesses might say, I Have ,in fact,gone way more than two meals without alcohol...and,I'm sure I can do so again,especially in good company !!!! Onceabull

Vendor Sponsor
    Hick,

If you want to bring something for the bbq I am sure that a big bag of charcoal and some starter would be quite welcome. As for the shooting this is not a formal competition. More like a family reunion with guns but without bloodshed. If you have some bench rest bags they will come in handy. Bring something cool to drink nonalcoholic of course. Staple guns always come in handy with staples. Ear protection for yourself and anyone else you bring.

Boolit Master
    Hick,
    This is a family party so bring your family (if I remember correctly from last year when we met). My wife won't make it this year with preparations for a nephew's wedding in progress (I am gratefully making myself scarce) but she feels properly guilty about missing a great time.

Boolit Master
    Got it-- I'll bring the charcoal, starter, staple gun, staples and anything else I can think of (and wife if I talk her into it). Looking forward to the fun!
    Hick: Iron sights!

Vendor Sponsor
    I just got 75 nra 50 yd repair center targets for the shoot.

And I will be enjoying the lower gas prices for the 91 stuff required in "her" chariot...Might have something $wise left over to get a thing or two @ Bob's that we will never see here.. Onceabull

Vendor Sponsor
    I just booked my room at the Scott Shady Court for Thursday Friday and Saturday. I may stay Sunday too just don't know yet. Good rates $50 all in for a single queen bed.

Boolit Master

Is everyone still going to meet at the Griddle for lunch around noon on Friday?
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    I plan on being there for lunch.
    Loren

Boolit Master
    Dang I hope to be around for the next one this looks like fun!

Matt: Look for us to be at the Griddle Friday,timing not up to me,but might be better to avoid their 12N rush,if there is a consensus...!! ?? Onceabull

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast