MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ncbs 2016

Boolit Master

Ncbs 2016

Looking forward to my 4th (I think-CRS is a problem nowadays) visit to the shoot in Winnemucca. Anything happening there this year? Also, I've been playing with powder coating this winter and really like it's lack of smoke and ease of cleaning- would that be allowable? It's still cool enough to cast so I need to know what's up so I can plan.
    Thanks
    Loren (Rockshooter)

Boolit Master
    Planning is in progress. It will be the first weekend of June. I will be there and will be camping the days before at my new campsite before I head into town on Thursday.

Boolit Master
    Thanks- put on calendar
    Loren

Vendor Sponsor
    As stated NCBS 2016 will be June 3, 4 and 5. More info to come as it approaches.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    SO,is this "new"campsite one of those "NoTellums" ???? Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onceabull View Post
    SO,is this "new"campsite one of those "NoTellums" ???? Onceabull
    No. It is on BLM Land with a couple creeks through it and even a swimming hole about half a mile away. There is a viewpoint a short walk from my camp where I can watch the sunrise and cover both creek bottoms with my 204 just in case a suicidal coyote emerges from the willows within 500 yards. It is in sagebrush country (no trees) complete with mine remnants going back to the 1870's. South of Golconda about 15 miles. In June my camp will be in a mine stope so will have sun only about 4 hours a day and shelter from wind including a small pond for wash water. There are range cattle running around. I found this place before NCBS last year and was enthralled. Our Winnemucca brethren know this place. if one is up for the hike, there may be trout farther up the mountain in one creek.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 02-06-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quilbilly-
    May follow you back to your campsite this year just to find the place. Not sure yet if I'll take the teardrop. I will take a .223 tho. Counting on my fingers, looks like this year is my 5th.
    Rockshooter

Vendor Sponsor
    rockshooter,

PC boolits are still cast so I see no reason that they are not acceptable. Can't wait to see them.

Boolit Master
    Just made my reservations at my usual place. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Boolit Master
    Quilbilly- Where is your usual place- thought you were camping? I'm still undecided on hotel vs trailer
    Loren

Boolit Master
    I stay at Scott's Shady Court from Thursday through Sunday. I camp before and after (my camp after NCBS will be a real adventure in remoteness to cross something off my bucket list while catching a bunch of trout). The Shady Court is comfortable but not fancy with a price similar to Motel 6 and is walking distance from both the Roolz Committee dinner and the lunch at the Griddle on Friday. It is also quiet and off the main roads. The pool is nice and rarely used so I enjoy it.
    Ward

Boolit Master
    Scott's is a very popular place for people who want comfortable but not fancy (never stayed there because I live here-- but I know it's popular)
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    We stay at Scotts when we go thru Winnemucca also- I'll have to get on that. I'll bring our SUV so I can see where you talked about camping south of Golconda. Always looking for a place to camp.
    Loren

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    The way spring is breaking out here,those attending might consider bringing extra Shade, and Sunscreen !!!!! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    Extra shade & sunscreen will be a good idea in any case-- the sunshade over the right side two shooting tables on the 100 yard range was damaged this winter and is gone at the moment.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    Sounds like I will use my half beach umbrella and shoot from a turkey hunting chair. It is my reading shelter during the day when I camp before and after NCBS.

Boolit Master
    I have 2, 10'x10' popup canopies that I will bring.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Vendor Sponsor
    Hello all!

There has been talk about the old days when we would gather at the Bannister's for a Saturday evening bbq. So this year we are going to do our best to recreate this event on Saturday evening at the shooting range. It will be a bring your own meat and beverage type dinner with the other dishes hopefully showing up as a pot luck arrangement with the leftovers serving as lunch on Sunday. I am planning on cooking a brisket as I did last year to fill in the blanks. cobbmtmac's best half Marlene is organizing the desert portion, so you ladies and gentlemen with a favorite should PM Marlene via "cobbmtmac" as to what you can bring. Please sound off on this thread with any ideas or contributions as well. I am not sure if alcoholic beverages are allowed after hours at the range or not. We will have to find out.

Boolit Man
    Great idea on the dinner Bruce! I will check to make sure the range building is available for our use as well as answer the booze question.

Also--I have all the steel targets, posts, fencing and team stake shoot stuff and will haul same to range for setup early Saturday morning. I will also round up the cardboard for the targets. What else is needed that I can help with?

Fast Asleep,

I know "ALL", ( I just about never speak for others, but feel comfortable speaking for everyone in this case), appreciate all your hard work! Remember many of us will be there for the Friday's lunch, at the "Griddle" and then on to gathering supplies and such for the event!
    Marlene and I are looking forward to seeing everyone and all the "FUN"we will have! M&M
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast