Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take a look...

Boolit Mold

Take a look...

Here's my Cup Derimming/Sizing Die..... It makes the cups and also get them to the final size. I sell a lot of these and they work great but you need a real press like a RockChucker to use it easily, but it will work on others.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cup Die.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	159918

Then I have the one that squishes the lead into the rounds. I have a 20 ton press that makes the rope for me using a converted hydraulic cylinder.

Name:	Lead Ready to Go.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	159919

The way the seating die works is that it creates a conical depression in the bullet so that when the point forming dies are used, the tip collapses properly.

Name:	lead swaging.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	159921

Then there's the point forming die. The first one starts the point, then the second one finishes it and does the final sizing.

Name:	Point Forming.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	159922 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boolits.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	159923

please follow the S&S and terms of service rules.
    I understand your excited about your product but we have these rules in place for a reason.
    Last edited by runfiverun; 02-04-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Frosted Boolits

Have any targets you can show us? Thanks!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

I've been watching what goes on in the swaging arena for quite awhile now and noticed a guy on youtube that goes by the name happytrigger and is also on ebay. This is you, I presume, and this is you on ebay? $755. for your set of dies right?

I watched the videos some time ago and looked at the pictures and zoomed in and such, and all I can say is Hmmmm.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 02-04-2016 at 09:01 PM. Reason: ebay link deleted...No ebay links allowed
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

Boolit Mold
    Yep, I'm still making that set, but these are the next generation and I'm always working on ways to make them better.

Boolit Mold
    Did have some.. but I think that I have to go to the range with some one that is actually a good marksman.. I'm not that good, "Not even with fancy, expensive, matched ammo" so I need to go with one of my friends that is at least better than me!

Take a look...

Gosh, my worst looking 22lr/224" bullets (short Aquila case for 40grs 224") looks much much less wrinkled...maybe you should post better pictures of your product and show potential customers result(s) on target....

Banned

^^^^are those from de-rimmed .22LR?^^^^^what die set are you using?

Boolit Master
    You might want to think about becoming a vendor sponsor.

Vendor Sponsor

The swage forum seems to attract and inspire new potential manufactures to show case and offer their swage die products here. While this is a great forum for all things swage related, and I'm sure many here would love to see new options and growth in the available swage die products, there is a pattern emerging here that may need some attention.

I have remained silent in the last several years pertaining to new potential offerings from various individuals and even now feel a bit of restraint as I use caution in choosing my words in this reply as I am a vendor sponsor here offering swage die products and anything I say regarding potential competition could be viewed as bias, but at some point someone needs to speak up to protect our members here from the challenges and wrong doing of previous events that followed down the same path as this thread has the potential to.

Now I have no comments on the OP's products and wish him well, but the way this thread was started regarding attempts to sell and the mention of ebay links, is very similar to previous, shall we say, "challenged" attempts from past individuals offering similar swage die products.

The pattern I speak of pertains to new members whose post count is near zero and comes here to offer their unproven products.

We have a swap and sell forum here and the rules to post items for sale simply in the S&S forum I have cut and pasted below...

Rules & Definitions:

6 Months Active Membership & 100 Post requirement to sell:

Must be an active member for a minimum of 6 months with a minimum of 100 post. No requirement to be a buyer.

and rules pertaining to vendor sponsor requirements.....

if you are making stuff purely to sell here you need to sign on as a Vendor Sponsor.

I think if one chooses to support our forums and this great site by paying their dues to become a vendor sponsor then these rules might have some leeway but shouldn't it make since to have the same rules governing posts in other forums as it is in the S&S forum? Maybe this would give potential buyers a chance to check the credibility of the seller? Maybe it would give the seller a chance to establish some credibility for themselves and the products they are offering. Maybe it would give the seller a chance to research the challenges similar previous selling attempts have had here and allow the seller time to consider how best to offer their products.

Again I choose my words and comments here carefully, and some of you may still view my opinions here as bias but I know many of you here are well aware of the challenging history our swaging forums has had in the last few years in regard to new product offerings. Maybe there should be some consideration given to establishing potential guidelines to help the potential sellers offer their products in a successful manor, and more importantly, provide a bit of protection and knowledge to the potential buyers.

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 02-04-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Banned

Brian put it ,,,well, better than I could.
    I encourage new membership, and appreciate the enthusiasm.
    but please follow the rules.

Boolit Mold
    So far I have shoot close to 500 rounds, and My rifle never have complained!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    The swage forum seems to attract and inspire new potential manufactures to show case and offer their swage die products here. While this is a great forum for all things swage related, and I'm sure many here would love to see new options and growth in the available swage die products, there is a pattern emerging here that may need some attention.

BT
    Thank you for your post. I have written to the mods about becoming a vendor, but at the moment I am still developing dies and experimenting with new and interesting ways to make bullets. I am also not a newbie, if anything I would be a lurker because I have been enjoying the posts for over two years now. I've sold a hundred sets of dies on Ebay, and make a sale or two a week, so I also do not need to sell items here.

My point in posting was to show what I'm making, because I understood this to be the place do to this. I also was interested in seeking advice, and speaking to others that were making die sets. Again, is this the proper place to do so?

In my OP, I did not offer to sell anyone dies - I did say I sold them on Ebay (and have for a couple of years) and stated the prices I get, so that I could get feedback on them.

My apologies if I've offended, but I was under the impression that this is what the forum topic is about. Am I wrong?

Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Brian. Well said.

Ron

Vendor Sponsor

In regard to OP in post #12

In my bias opinion when someone with zero posts says "I make product, I sell product for this much $$$, I sell product on ebay, here is the pics, check it out," it is easily viewed upon as an attempt to sell and is the same similar pattern I speak of that previous "challenged" attempts have used.

When someone with zero posts says,,,, "hello, my name is ..... I have made a set of dies and like to swage and shoot my own home made bullets, what do you guys think?" Then obviously it is an introduction and a welcome post on these forums to discuss how we can all make better bullets.

One must use care and attention must be given to the words and tone of their post if it can be viewed upon by other individuals as an attempt to sell.

Good shooting and swage on!

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 02-04-2016 at 09:33 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    In regard to OP in post #12

When someone with zero posts says "I make product, I sell product for this much $$$, I sell product on ebay, here is the pics, check it out" it is easily viewed upon as an attempt to sell and is the same similar pattern I speak of that previous "challenged" attempts have used.

When someone with zero posts says,,,, "hello, my name is ..... I have made a set of dies and like to swage and shoot my own home made bullets, what do you guys think?" Then obviously it is an introduction and a welcome post on these forums to discuss how we can all make better bullets.

One must use care and attention must be given to the words and tone of their post if it can be viewed upon by other individuals as an attempt to sell.

Good shooting and swage on!

BT
    Well said, Brian.

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Buddy
    Ok... since you're asking for feedback...

Your approach was all wrong. We are not stupid and it is obvious you were looking to possibly bring in some sales in a round about way. Otherwise you'd have asked what other people charge, although even that would show poor business skills since I can think of 4 vendors off the top of my head that have prices posted online that you could easily dig up. You'd do well to edit your posts honestly.

Now... my feedback on your product... I've seen it on Ebay and I've chuckled and moved on. You're at the point in your machining where you should be making things for yourself only. You could have come here and humbly asked for information and posted what you've done so far and asked for advice and tips. Instead you attempted to brag and as such you're going to get slammed because frankly you don't have anything to brag about. The fact that you called the die the one that "squishes the lead into the rounds" immediately makes me think that you're not a serious die maker. It's great to start making your own but I think you have a ways to go before it's a retail ready product. Best of luck to you and hopefully you learn from the critique.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post
    Ok... since you're asking for feedback...

Your approach was all wrong. We are not stupid and it is obvious you were looking to possibly bring in some sales in a round about way. Otherwise you'd have asked what other people charge, although even that would show poor business skills since I can think of 4 vendors off the top of my head that have prices posted online that you could easily dig up. You'd do well to edit your posts honestly.

Now... my feedback on your product... I've seen it on Ebay and I've chuckled and moved on. You're at the point in your machining where you should be making things for yourself only. You could have come here and humbly asked for information and posted what you've done so far and asked for advice and tips. Instead you attempted to brag and as such you're going to get slammed because frankly you don't have anything to brag about. The fact that you called the die the one that "squishes the lead into the rounds" immediately makes me think that you're not a serious die maker. It's great to start making your own but I think you have a ways to go before it's a retail ready product. Best of luck to you and hopefully you learn from the critique.
    Thank you for your opinion. I do have children, and the word "Squishing," comes up a lot around here, so it's not too uncommon it use it. I did think about it when I used that term instead of compress or another more suitable word but decided a tiny bit of cute was acceptable. I see others do not feel the same way - and no, I don't really care about your opinion of my word choices in a forum.

And thank you for your critique on the die set, but most of the time when I get a critique, it has some valuable information I can use. Your attack lacks that.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post

Gosh, my worst looking 22lr/224" bullets (short Aquila case for 40grs 224") looks much much less wrinkled...maybe you should post better pictures of your product and show potential customers result(s) on target....
    The batch I was doing wasn't annealed properly and I decided to leave them in the pics because I wanted advice. I did have a batch that I ran through the tumbler and polished up that came out nice. It's late and I'll see if I can find the picture tomorrow.

Nice work by the way. I see that there is little evidence of the rims. How are you polishing them after the swaging process?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyTrigger View Post
    The batch I was doing wasn't annealed properly and I decided to leave them in the pics because I wanted advice. I did have a batch that I ran through the tumbler and polished up that came out nice. It's late and I'll see if I can find the picture tomorrow.

Nice work by the way. I see that there is little evidence of the rims. How are you polishing them after the swaging process?
    Oh, and my idea behind the dies is to make fast and quick bullets that can be fired. I wasn't really shooting for a set that makes a super fancy product but requires a heavy duty press and lots of time... but the person that uses a light duty press who wants to make rounds if the supply dries up. Think McDonalds to your Chez Paul.

HappyTrigger,

We got your point, and we all wish you find success in swaging. I am just a (happy) user of one Corbin set that transforms 22lr into usable and accurate 224" bullets. I don't produce dies. I do read about it since its very interesting.

For anyone to start, to understand processes there is no better way then Corbin swaging manual nr. 9 and I found here on this forum (swaging) some links....have pdf if you want them, just send me email on PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast