Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a little help for my good friend. Please read

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Is the truck computer controlled/transistorized ignition, or one of the old type with points in the distributor?
    After working over 25 years in a big car barn my thinking is that your friend needs to find a place that specializes in electrical problems and give them a call.

Try using your puter to find someone to call as you might have to look many miles away from your mountain top home.

Could be something as simple as a broken wire that lays in the correct place when off and starting but when it starts running vibration causes a loss of continuity and the engine DIES.

Try looking on the u tube pages as it could be a common problem with his year and model vehicle and a simple .10 part can fix the vehicle.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    I'm in for another 10, who's collecting I'll send via paypal gift.

EDIT: Dang should've finished the post first and found more info. I'm still in for it if you want to get a sturdy pair of boots or something to go with it. Cold feet and hands suck.

Boolit Grand Master
    Was wondering about the ignition system, because there are two wires to the igniton coil, one carrying full voltage when starting and the other at a reduced voltage when running. Something wrong with the second circuit, it will start, but not run when you release the key. Might be in the ignition switch or in the circuit after the switch.

There are some very experienced mechanics on this forum. Posting make and model with the symptoms might be worth a shot.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    What size boots does this man wear? I have a good pair of heavy insulated Rockies that are one size to small for me.

Boolit Master

The new coat came today and fits just fine. Clyde had a very large smile on his face. Julie said he had been wearing a lightweight fleece jacket this winter for a coat. The new one will keep him nice and warm.
    Waiting on the boots to get here still. Will update when that happens. Helen said the cash will be put aside for use to buy another truck.

They said to say a huge Thank you to all of you for helping him out. He really appreciates it.

Sam
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Grand Master

From the looks of the weather back home it seems it got there just in time. Glad he like the coat and thanks to everyone at Castboolits that helped out someone in need.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Many times I have told folks what kind of a giving heart our members here have and glad we can show our newbees all over again.

Thanks to everyone that helped out someone most of us will never meet but was in need.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Many times I have told folks what kind of a giving heart our members here have and glad we can show our newbees all over again.

Thanks to everyone that helped out someone most of us will never meet but was in need.

BAD WATER BILL
    Made me think about the old times, Tell the truth, it was kinda nice----special kinda nice.
    I have the same kind of jacket that Clyde was using, Men! it was thin.

This was a great rescue.

Like I been sayin
    We have to know what we believe in
    and believe in what we know.

I guess there is something about being old, and something about being an old timer.
    it's not hard to understand,
    you just have to kick enough cans down the right street,
    Cock enough hammers,
    Chop enough wood,
    and carry enough water.
    In this world we can't do everything with our hands,
    Sometimes our hearts pick up the slack -----------------------Eh.

Sam
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master
    I am in for $10, TELL ME WHERE TO SEND IT.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Totally agree GrayWolf.

Growing up my dad was always the first to stop harvesting his own crop to move over to a neighbor who through no fault of his own needed help. through years and years I watch him do this and never once saw him get hurt by it.

Several times we would finish our harvest, get the machinery under cover, grain bin covers closed, go to bed. Wake up the next morning to a weeks rain, or 2 weeks, once 3 weeks.

I asked dad once, "were you not worried about this happening with us not yet finished?"

He laughed, worry, yes. Concerned, no, If you are doing your part, working within your limitations, doing it right. And you take some time away from working on yours to help someone else who can't. You think God would punish you for that?

But if you are overextended, farming more than you can farm well, greedy, and do not go help when the call goes out.
    The big guy upstairs will see that you get a reality check every time.

Over the years I have had a lot of help from a lot of people. Feels good to be able to pay a little forward for the next guy.
    Not big, flashy, as a preacher once said, giving in such a way that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Just paying the interest on the debt I owe.