Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arthritis relief?

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by crowbuster View Post
    I Hate pills
    Ya, I know, but I sure like the way they make me feel!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Voltaren Gel. It is a NSAI , but the adsorption into the bloodstream is only 8%. Th rest stays in the tissue where it is applied. I am on blood thinners and oral NSAI's are prohibited, but the doctors allow me to use Voltaren gel.
    It is prescription in the US, over the counter in Canada and Mexico. See if your doctor will you to use it on small areas .

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    The Dr. prescribed the penetran plus for me. Worked a little. My Dr did have some samples for me to try first. Samples = Free. Free=good....

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    The bee thing works , I use them as I find them wich isn't often . Their sting has cortisone in it and no it doesn't really hurt much when they sting you .

Boolit Master

I got arthritis for my 25th birthday...post traumatic. Back,ankles and knee's.Still,I don't regret earning those crossed rifles.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    Iodine deficiency can cause arthritis pain, that and tons of other health problems.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master

Once you have it all you can do is delay it. Keep working your hands or you will lose movement, strength will go anyway.

I had to retire 14 years ago and don't test positive for rheumatic. Celebrex was the best therapy for drugs 400 mg day for 7-8 years now at 200 mg a day. I am stiff and pay with pain for everything I do but never wanted steroids like prednisone cause the side affects it has with me and nix on opiates I see them as a bigger problem than what the arthritis is.

It will not get better all you can do is delay it there will be no going back to 10 years ago. Get a good Dr and see if that will help.

Boolit Master
    I also read about the WD40 cure. Haven't used that but use Absobine Jr a little. The best thing is excercise but don't overdo it.

As crazy as it sounds, stings from honey bees have been used to treat arthritis. I do not have this condition, however I read up on it when I had a few colonies of honey bees. Hopefully your not allergic to bee stings.

Boolit Master

An old herb doctor has me on 2 tablespoons of organic Vinegar (the cloudy looking stuff) and one teaspoon of raw honey in a cup of warm water twice a day for knee and joint pain. I've been doing it 2 weeks now and it seems to be helping.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    A lot of arthritis can be eliminated by removing white flour and sugar from your diet. I went to almond and coconut flour, and Stevia for sweetner. It did help considerably.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Emu oil works great on my wrists and knees.
    I also use Goanna oil on my shoulder. I have bursitis and Goanna oil is far more friendly than cortisone injections.....
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    Another vote for tramodol, Also make sure you are very well hydrated. If I get the least bit dehydrated I hurt like no tomorrow. Tramodol is a non narcotic pain med that works pretty well. I'm 35 and have had arthritus for almost 10 years in some joints. Heredity sucks sometimes.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

A friend of mine had arthritis so bad in his hands that he could hardly hold his tools. He got into raising honey bee and does not wear any protective gear while working in the hives. It took a couple of seasons getting stung, but now he does't have trouble with his hands till about spring.
    enjoy your day
    Cariboo

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

Thanks for all the suggestions! I can't do Tramadol though, that stuff messes with me something fierce. Sleep problems and intense itching. Been prescribed it before and flushed 'em.

Best advise availible.... Go see a Rhuematologist.

Banned
    Horse liniment seems to work but I don't know if there are any side effects.

Banned
    Nabumetone 750mg twice a day seems to help. Causes ulcers with prolonged use.

RELAFEN (nabumetone), Been taking 2000 mg per day since 1988. No ulcers or other stomach ailments, take FAMATONE otc to cut down on the stamach acid that cause ulcers.
    See a
    Rheumatologisthttp://www.vitals.com/rheumatologists/co/denver

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Horse liniment seems to work but I don't know if there are any side effects.
    I've noticed I eat a lot more hay after using it.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast