Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the bad news...Squiob... the good news??

Boolit Master

In 45 years of reloading, I've had 3 squibs. One was a no powder and the other 2 were partial powder ignition. Two charred lumps that just didn't burn! It really is an "interesting" way of slugging the barrel!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by s1120 View Post
    I charge 50 at a time then check the powder level then seat. All single stage.
    That's what I do when I'm in high production mode in pistol calibers. My pistol press is actually an early Hornady Projector with the priming and powder tooling removed. We almost always use a seating only die followed by a crimping only die, so the progressive action is great. Similarly, I will size and expand in the same fashion. Priming and powder are done off the press.

Dad and I do a lot of Cowboy shooting. I do all of his reloading. It seems that at every Cowboy match, someone on our posse has a squib or high primer. Most of these were loaded on progressive loaders. Progressive loaders with powder check dies would be recommended in my book.

Add me to the proud OCD crowd. Many years of target, varmint and just plain fun precision shooting has left something in my blood. For action shooting, 100% reliability is job #1.

Lucky for me, I really enjoy the reloading process. When it starts to become a chore, it's time to step back for a while.
    Last edited by Ken in Iowa; 02-03-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Boolit Master

I also have Projectors and I have taken the factory powder stuff off and use a Lee Auto Disk Powder measures and Lee belling dies
    http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/348...powder-measure
    SWEET
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12