WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting RCBS Powder Throw To Press

Boolit Buddy

Mounting RCBS Powder Throw To Press

Does anybody know how I can mount my RCBS little dandy to my turret press . Would like it to be solid . Thanks in advance .

I am using the Hornady one on my Lee progressive. The link here is just the actuator, not the powder throw. Fits the RCBS one just fine. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PCZZU8

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks BT but i'm talking about a little dandy not the uniflow .

Exactly how do you want it mounted? Do you want it mounted on top of a powder through die? Or a bracket that secures under the die lock ring of one of the dies so it holds the powder measure up there at press top level?

What brand, model turret press. I know how to mount one to use on the Lee Classic turret.

Have a blessed day.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm wanting to mount it on a lyman turret press using a Lee powder pass through die . Thanks you all for your replies .

I seem to remember someone posting a link to a company that makes an adaptor to mount a RCBS powder measure on the Lee powder through expander die. Don't remember the post though.

http://www.amazon.com/Pistol-Adapter.../dp/B0041OJAJS
    Would this work with the little dandy?

Boolit Buddy
    VHoward I think that's the ticket thanks .

I tried to get Lee to make this one for their 'powder through expander' die...
    powder filler modification
    A friend in Texas made one for me and heres how I used it...
    TURRET PRESS…EFFICIENT OPERATION…LEE POWDER DIE

Later I found this made by Lyman of all people...
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/748...der-charge-die

charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered the one VHowrd suggested however the one your friend made in Texas looks solid and is probably the best .I looked at the lyman one at midway but the reviews were not great .

Before I had the adapter I just slip-fit my throw but couldn't get it tight enough to not turn in place. Every throw put a sideways torque on the handle and the throw would not stay centered towards me. I suppose that is not a game-ender nor does it make the throws vary…but…It would just aggravate me whilst doing something I like to do…so it had to be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Before I had the adapter I just slip-fit my throw but couldn't get it tight enough to not turn in place. Every throw put a sideways torque on the handle and the throw would not stay centered towards me. I suppose that is not a game-ender nor does it make the throws vary…but…It would just aggravate me whilst doing something I like to do…so it had to be dealt with.
    Just saw your video with the powder measure adapter with the Lyman powder drop. Your video had more information in just a few minutes than about 100 of the ninety day wonders that have been loading for 6 months and want to show the world how it's done. Maybe it's because I've been doing this since the mid 70's (last century) and it ain't my first rodeo. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Joe Clarke View Post
    Just saw your video with the powder measure adapter with the Lyman powder drop. Your video had more information in just a few minutes than about 100 of the ninety day wonders that have been loading for 6 months and want to show the world how it's done. Maybe it's because I've been doing this since the mid 70's (last century) and it ain't my first rodeo. Thanks for the information.
    Thanks Joe…I thought I was a little 'windy' though…I tend to over explain things but after having to explain things to my electricians over the years I've even resorted to drawing pictures for them…at least I'd usually get what I wanted them to do.
    I started back then too and loaded for the kids that could shoot more .38 Spls. than an armory could supply and did it on the Rockchucker to boot. Needless to say the kids were taught to load at a young age.

You did a good job explaining what you wanted, you didn't fiddle with the camera, move the tripod etc. I guess I'm just old and cranky. By the way, if you don't mind sharing, what was your job?

Boolit Master
    OS OK you made me want a Lyman Turret Press now. You run that thing like a champ. Great info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Joe Clarke View Post
    You did a good job explaining what you wanted, you didn't fiddle with the camera, move the tripod etc. I guess I'm just old and cranky. By the way, if you don't mind sharing, what was your job?
    I was an Industrial Electrical Contractor…power distribution, machine control, factories from the ground up, machinery moves East Cost to West and that sort of thing. MY 'niche' was the 'corrugated board industry'. Cardboard box board. I had to start out wiring houses right after graduation from HS, wired about 1/2 all the homes in Tomball Tx…God! I hate romex and solid wire!

I have the Lyman powder-through expander die set, Lyman turret press, I put a Little Dandy on top and set the appropriate expan der and go to town. Works like a charm.
    Everybody grab a shovel, we got a swamp to drain.

Quote Originally Posted by lcclower View Post
    I have the Lyman powder-through expander die set, Lyman turret press, I put a Little Dandy on top and set the appropriate expan der and go to town. Works like a charm.
    Show us a photo if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I was an Industrial Electrical Contractor…power distribution, machine control, factories from the ground up, machinery moves East Cost to West and that sort of thing. MY 'niche' was the 'corrugated board industry'. Cardboard box board. I had to start out wiring houses right after graduation from HS, wired about 1/2 all the homes in Tomball Tx…God! I hate romex and solid wire!
    I was a machine operator/machinist for several years before moving into the office to do programming and job estimating. Moved out of programming into full time estimating, then sub contracting machine work. Finished up my "career" as a project manager/government contract bidder manager. We rebuilt winches for the M113 tank recovery vehicle, work dried up after Obama came into power. Then my job dried up and they let me go. Didn't matter that I made them a lot of money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast