Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Henry Big Boy .41 Mag

Boolit Buddy
    How many of you folks are seeing these on shelves? I put in an order right after SHOT show and still don't have one.

I've never seen one. Did see a .357 and a .44 a while back with the octagonal barrels. On sale for a wonderful price too.
    If there had been a .41 I would have grabbed it then and there.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    posted on 02-19-2016

I stopped in my LGS this morning and asked about the 41 ??? ...
    well, at least one is ordered, and they may get more if available. They have a 357Mag carbine on the shelf that was tagged $699. I asked if they knew how much $ for the 41? and was told it should be less than the 357, if they get the pricing they were promised...Then she winked at me and said probably more $ if I show up to buy it on the day it arrives
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve77 View Post
    How many of you folks are seeing these on shelves? I put in an order right after SHOT show and still don't have one.
    Steve,
    I haven't been to the LGS for a couple months. When I seen your post 2 days ago, I made it a point to stop there yesterday while while doing other errands in that neighboring town. I asked if they got that 41 in? She said, "not yet". They have got very little from Henry since that show and She also said she'd make a call. They still had the 357 on the shelf, they dropped the price a little bit, I was tempted...they also had a used 44 mag 1894 Marlin (I mean Remlin as there wasn't a JM stamp on the barrel) that was priced at $550. They also had a 8lb jug of Promo for $154...I was tempted on that also... I left without buying anything
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Steve,
    I haven't been to the LGS for a couple months. When I seen your post 2 days ago, I made it a point to stop there yesterday while while doing other errands in that neighboring town. I asked if they got that 41 in? She said, "not yet". They have got very little from Henry since that show and She also said she'd make a call. They still had the 357 on the shelf, they dropped the price a little bit, I was tempted...they also had a used 44 mag 1894 Marlin (I mean Remlin as there wasn't a JM stamp on the barrel) that was priced at $550. They also had a 8lb jug of Promo for $154...I was tempted on that also... I left without buying anything
    I am court ordered caretaker of one of the remlin 44s for a friend going through a divorce. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if given the opportunity. Not a perfect specimen, but a darn accurate and fun little gun.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve77 View Post

Still in stock at Kjergaard Sports....$689.

KO

From the company prez his ownself, the .41 brass frame with octagonal barrel is coming out early 2017.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    From the company prez his ownself, the .41 brass frame with octagonal barrel is coming out early 2017.
    Maybe they should fill 2016's orders before they start those

Moderator Emeritus

I've handled a brass framed, oct. barreled, Henry, I don't recall if it was 45 colt or 44 mag, it sure was pretty...but OY, was that thing heavy.

The Steel Big Boy carbine (in 357Mag) Henry, at my LGS, was very nice handling and not a TANK...I'm hoping the 41Mag they get in will be similar.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    So much for the wife getting that operation...
    So how is the little woman doing?
    Did she survive without the operation or did she go tit's up?

>grin<

I've handled a brass framed, oct. barreled, Henry, I don't recall if it was 45 colt or 44 mag, it sure was pretty...but OY, was that thing heavy.

The Steel Big Boy carbine (in 357Mag) Henry, at my LGS, was very nice handling and not a TANK...I'm hoping the 41Mag they get in will be similar.
    I'm hoping for the Henry but I may end up with a rebarreled Winchester high wall.
    Might be happier not dealing with feed and nose shape issues any how as the six shooter is more forgiving than the lever.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Count me in

Boolit Master
    The BB Steel is not as light as a 20" 92 but just a tad bit more heft about 2lb less than the brass beast. I passed on a 41 marlin and now regret it,I found one in stock and decided I only live once and really enjoy my 357 and 44 carbines. Buds Gun Shop has the 41 in stock. I was able to get one today for $648+free shipping by using the price match they offer. I went to their web site several times yesterday and today and the price kept changing. I found a place that has it offered for $617 but they were out of stock. Now for a mold and lube die. I'm guessing if .410 H&I is too small I can polish it out. I like to size .002 larger than caliber with a nominal size bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay M View Post
    If I need more than ten shots in the field, then something has gone terrible wrong.

Side load is more convenient when shooting from a bench.

I am just happy someone has stepped up and made another fine rifle in .41 mag
    I will be ordering one as soon as they become available.
    I agree. Shooting a lever gun from a bench is inconvenient to begin with. Single loading is easy though. Open action, and drop in the chamber. As for the magazine tube, previous poster was worried about bending it? They are very well made tubes. And reasonably priced. About 25 bucks for a replacement. I was thinking of getting an extra just to have it. Along with an extra ejector........just in case.

Boolit Master
    Never seen any out here very few Henrys. Every body wants ARs. That Henry needs a loading gate then I would buy one.

Moderator Emeritus

posted 08-30-2016
    Steve,
    Update:
    If I hadn't mentioned this before, my LGS ordered a 41 at the Shot Show...that'd be the 2016 Shot Show.

I stopped by the shop yesterday, and asked if they were at the 2017 Shot show, and if they talked to whoever they ordered the Henry from? ...Jim, one of the owners, says, "I didn't go, cuz of my bad foot, Katie went and I don't know if she talked to them about the 41 or not?" He went on and said, "many times those orders get canceled at the 6 month mark, if they fail to deliver".

So, Jim picks up the phone and calls that distributor...and it turns out that distributor has the steel BB 41 in both, carbine and Rifle. I had to make a quick decision, (My Marlin has a 20" barrel and I love that, and I figured 16.5" would be too short to my liking) ...SO I told him to bring in the Rifle. The price will be $689 (about 735 with MN tax) Not as low as some prices I've heard, but fair enough, and I do love my LGS and want them to remain alive and profitable. I'll probably see it within the next week. Just to celebrate, I'm hittin' the range today, with a bag full of 41's and the marlin.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderator Emeritus

I did make it out to the range...Lots of fun with the Marlin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boolit Master

One of my local Walmarts had two Henry brass framed centerfires, one 357 and one 44 mag, at a very good price but when I picked one up, oy, that was heavy. Not one for the field for me.

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    Have a 41 Henry and a Marlin... The Henry cycled and shot everything I tried in it well. The Marlin was and still is finiky about what it will feed and dioes not shoot as well with as many loads.
    Looking at one of the short barreled Henry 41's next. Then maybe sell the Marlin CCL next time north and buy a couple more Henry 41's.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Mold

I recently saw one of the .41 carbines on GB with a BIN of $659. Can't do it right now, but the .41 carbine is "next" & will make a fine companion for my 5.5" Bisley & my Bisley SBH Hunter. Even though Marlin is my preferred flavor of levergun, the .41s are just are just way outta my price range & I think the Henry will fit the bill nicely.
    Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben.

Boolit Mold

This followed me home today-

$701 otd, so not too painful. Very well fitted & turned out little gun. Light & handy as all get out. Need to make up a big batch of .41 & get these 3 out for an extended range session.
    Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast