Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Henry Big Boy .41 Mag

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    ahh.
    i'll just do the monthly nag and call then.
    I know a guy at the sprtsman's near me and will have to talk to him directly.
    i'll see if I can't wheedle him into keeping an eye out for them to hit the distributors.
    I stopped in my LGS this morning and asked about the 41 ??? ...
    well, at least one is ordered, and they may get more if available. They have a 357Mag carbine on the shelf that was tagged $699. I asked if they knew how much $ for the 41? and was told it should be less than the 357, if they get the pricing they were promised...Then she winked at me and said probably more $ if I show up to buy it on the day it arrives
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I am sure my dealer won't get one unless it is special ordered.
    That way he knows he has a locked in price...(high)
    He knows I only come there to buy , so I get the red carpet treatment..

The problem is, I don't like buying a gun sight unseen.
    If I special order it, then I am obligated to buy it.
    Last edited by Clay M; 02-19-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Clay M View Post

The problem is, I don't like buying a gun sight unseen.
    If I special order it, then I am obligated to buy it.
    I agree. The trigger pull on the blue Big Boy .45 Colt I handled yesterday would have been a big disappointment if I had ordered the gun and had to buy it. From what I've read the triggers are quite good on the Henry's but this particular example...not so much.

Boolit Master
    I called my dealer and he has one in stock. It is $790.00 plus tax.
    Not a great price , but what is available to me.
    Guess I will ride down and look at it.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Just sent an email asking about the rate of twist.
    Also asked if a 24" barrel could be made available.
    Did you ever hear from them about twist rate ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Boolit Master
    Of all the foul luck. They only had one rifle and the stock had a hairline crack where the tang comes in.
    I guess it is not meant for me to have one of these rifles.
    They are neat guns, but I don't see that they are worth $800
    Last edited by Clay M; 02-20-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ko41 View Post
    The quotes I got from two stores were $800 and $678. I haven't seen a Marlin 1894FG or any Marlin 1894 .41 Magnum in any store or at a gun show for many years. On the auction websites you will probably need to spend ~ $1500 for a 1894FG.

KO
    I'm guessing that the retail will be in the $650 to $700 range. Cabela's wants $699 for all of the others so I'd guess the same for the 41Mag if they get one. I found the other pistol calibers on Grab A Gun for about $650. I'd not pay a premium for one unless it was a limited run and I had to have one but Henry said they will be standard fare.
    Last edited by jonp; 02-21-2016 at 08:35 AM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blueline541 View Post
    How can you top 41M41 for a serial number? You can't. And this isn't even a big deal for him. He has four of the uber rare trapper model Marlin .41 Mags. Here are three of them...

Although stainless is not my cup of tea but I have a question. If he is a collector why would he buy 4 of the exact same rifle? Most collectors I know buy all of the models or different variants of the same. Think SW 14-1, 14-2 etc.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    The barrel finish (or lack there of) on the Henry reminds me of an Old H&R Topper from the 70's
    It also has a piece of sheet metal for a lifter.
    Functions fine, but the gun should sell for $500- or so IMO.
    I would much rather have a Marlin, if they weren't extinct.

At the current prices of both, I think I will pass..

Maybe a nice Miroku 92 in .44 mag

But don't let me discourage you because my dealer thinks the guns are worth $800, and
    I do not.
    Last edited by Clay M; 02-21-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Although stainless is not my cup of tea but I have a question. If he is a collector why would he buy 4 of the exact same rifle? Most collectors I know buy all of the models or different variants of the same. Think SW 14-1, 14-2 etc.
    He is a collector which is why he has "collected" four of these very uncommon rifles. Plus, he is just one rifle away from having four complete sets of the Marlin .41 Mag rifles in S, FG, CCL, and the stainless trapper.

His pistol collection of .41 Mags is unbelieveable some very rare and hard to find guns. It's why I call him MD41. He is the true Mack Daddy of the .41 Magnum.

Boolit Bub
    I will have to say that I am a little envious as I do not have a Marlin 1894SS LTD and probably never will at the prices they currently bring. I am the type of collector that tries to get one of each variation. Currently out of sixty-six .41 Magnums I only have one duplicate. I did have three other duplicates, but they were bought for custom projects.
    I am still waiting for the call from my dealer letting me know my Henry is in.

KO

Boolit Master
    Cool just mite have to get one.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ko41 View Post
    I will have to say that I am a little envious as I do not have a Marlin 1894SS LTD and probably never will at the prices they currently bring. I am the type of collector that tries to get one of each variation. Currently out of sixty-six .41 Magnums I only have one duplicate. I did have three other duplicates, but they were bought for custom projects.
    I am still waiting for the call from my dealer letting me know my Henry is in.

KO
    could you elaborate on some of the more rare birds of your collection.

Boolit Master
    I hope I'm not making a mistake. I just commited to buying one of these Henry 41 mags, the dealer is about 1/2 way between my house and my adopted ma and pa's house. the only experience I have with henry is the cheapo 22 mag I bought about 10 years ago and was disappointed with the front sight barrel band was plastic and I since replaced that with a firesight metal one. and it has a PAINTED receiver. its not duracoat its just krylon or something. But It is super smooth action and it is accurate. I like the idea of the 41 mag with a 20" barrel and cant, wont pay $1500 for a marlin. Depending on how many are made it could be a good investment. The gun shop has it priced at $680. In finding a shop that actually had one was a real chore. I searched at least a dozen web sites and called at least a dozen gun stores. This will be my first foray into a 41 mag. now I need to get a mold a call starline for some brass.. Is there a good gas checked boolit design at a weight that will maximize velocity for huntin hogs and such.
    is there a mihec 210 grain hollow point option.

Boolit Master
    Can anyone suggest a mold for the henry 41, I was thinking i could start with a lee 195gr swc, Is it worthwhile to get a .411 lube/size die from buffaloarms or shoulkd i just go with the lyman .410

anyone heard of a Canadian supplier with the new 41 mag henry yet?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    well, at least one is ordered, and they may get more if available. They have a 357Mag carbine on the shelf that was tagged $699. I asked if they knew how much $ for the 41? and was told it should be less than the 357, if they get the pricing they were promised...Then she winked at me and said probably more $ if I show up to buy it on the day it arrives
    get me one while your at it and ship it to me?

Boolit Buddy
    Mine has been on order since the week after shot show. Still hasn't come in. Starting to wonder if the order was overlooked.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    get me one while your at it and ship it to me?
    I stop by, as usual, about once a week, I have been looking, but it hasn't arrived yet. To be honest, I've gotten less excited about it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boolit Buddy
    I would like to find one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast