Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you are reading this you are a loser ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

If you are reading this you are a loser ?

Saturday night and sitting there looking at the forum ...........like me . Everyone that has a real life is living it up on a Saturday night , right ? My daughter went to a UIL meet about 150 miles to the south . I had a goose liver sandwich and just waiting for the magic phone call to make a 30 mile round trip to fetch her home .

Whats your excuse ?

In Remembrance

My excuse? Snowed in. 'nuff said.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Just listening to the radio, Joe Pags Show, and reading you losers comments
    Mark
    Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Well I'm 72 and there's not much "High Life" I can handle anymore.

Wife is out in the kitchen frying mushrooms in butter, that will be my high point for tonight!

Hey, I'll have a glass of wine before I hit the sack! Per Dr. orders of course.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

What's wrong with a quiet Saturday night?

My excuse is that I am self employed, I work alot, Saturdays are just another work day, and my party days are long gone over anyway. Saturday night for us is after a long work day for both of us. We went to get a bite then were back home by 7.
    I brought in all the wood for overnight and raked down the stove before loading it up.
    I'll probaby plug in the Star sizer heater, start the propane heater in the casting shed and get it warm, then trim some 223 brass, after I finish resizing and lubing the last of the 3000 9mm, and then it will be bedtime.
    The significant other is in the stove room reading. A very quiet evening. i LIKE it when it is quiet and peaceful. I have learned to enjoy the quiet time.
    I played in bands from about 12 years old until about 30. You have no idea how silly people look as they are dancing, especially from the perspective of the band. It kind of sours you to watch a bunch of drunken people trying to dance. Nothing could be less interesting than to go to some bar somewhere or some dance.
    I did the A list parties and fundraisers for years and those days are gone....thank goodness. I'll take the simple quiet life anytime. I moved from the downtown of a City to the rural NH country and don't regret iot for an instant.
    I also don't have television so any time I get is quiet down time for me. It is what is keeping me sane.
    Nothing wrong with you at all. You sound normal to me.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy
    I had my cousin over and between the two of us managed to go through 4 beers 8lbs of crawfish and 2lbs of crab claws a stick of butter and most of a garlic bulb. Now i'm enjoying a vodka and spiced apple cider drink watching hunting channel on tv. I'm happy. Good night in.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Moderator Emeritus

No excuse.
    I love being home on a wintery Saturday night. Prairie home companion on the radio, wood stove glowin' hot, black bean and spam soup. mmm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Boaz:
    Not much happening here: Finished a nice Sup of a Large Brook trout my wife caught last July. Posted some pics of My lasy tabby cat waiting out the "big storm" on another forum and Getting ready
    for a range shoot at 8 am tomorrow! 13deg yes real nice!
    Jim
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    No excuse.
    I love being home on a wintery Saturday night. Prairie home companion on the radio, wood stove glowin' hot, black bean and spam soup. mmm.

I got the magic phone call bout the time I put the thread up . Listened to Prairie Home Companion on the way there , Ralph puts on a good show .

Boolit Buddy
    Hah. I'm posting from my phone at a rave in a giant warehouse while dancing with scantily clad hotties, eating hors d'oevres off of silver trays and having fancy drinks at the open bar! Now does that sound like a loser to you?

Ok. Yeah. I'm on the couch at home watching Full House reruns with the kids. I don't like rave/house music anyway.
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by therealhitman View Post
    Hah. I'm posting from my phone at a rave in a giant warehouse while dancing with scantily clad hotties, eating hors d'oevres off of silver trays and having fancy drinks at the open bar! Now does that sound like a loser to you?

Ok. Yeah. I'm on the couch at home watching Full House reruns with the kids. I don't like rave/house music anyway.

Whats a 'hottie' ?

Boolit Bub
    I was on the tractor snow blowing from 11 til 5 about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 mile of private road . Get warm an ready for for bed. That cold air makes a person tired. Oh by the way the blower is 7 1/2 foot wide tc 45 new holland tractor . Got about 2ft +-

Boolit Master
    Another Saterday Night and I ain't got nobody...Well actually I'm doing the same thing I'ver been doing now for 40 years...TKOB..working 2nd. shift Tool & Die maker...and LOVING it!

Boolit Buddy

Been out pushing snow all day ( did manage to slide the truck in the ditch had to get my Son to pull me out I'll never hear the end of that ) neighbors Driveways and went in town and did the VFW parking lot got home Momma had a pot of Chili and a pan of corn bread for dinner sitting here Fat, Dumb and Happy being a loser LOL
    Tony

Boolit Master
    You mean sitting here in the warm with good food listening to the clock tick? Alone with my thoughts about the meaning of Life and the Universe in general. Saying Sincere Prayers for a sick youngster who needs them and planning a new reloading room? yaa...Come to think of it I am a loser....
    A loser of stress....

Boolit Master
    My excuses,
    Plowed snow with 7' back blade for 4 hrs, so much snow I can't plow to the loading room so here I be.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Saturday night? Hmmm . . . . after putting new guts in two toilets today that were having "running" problems . . . and swearing quite a bit while doing it I might add . . . don't you just love it when you buy rebuild kits that include "everything" only to find out that the toilets you have take special gaskets meaning numerous trips to the hardware store . . . .

Well, anyway . . . after a fun day like that I'm all spiffed up and waiting at the door hoping that twin redheads with dynamite bodies drop by and invite me out for a looooooong nite of "fun and frolic". Somehow, I don't think old guys like me ever get that lucky so I'll probably fall asleep in the chair while waiting for the door bell to ring. That is if I can stay awake long enough to make it to the chair?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I also used to play music in the saloons, and got my fill of being around drunks, so that rules out going to bars. Not to mention I don't drink much nowadays, anyway. Neither can I see worth a darn to drive at night.
    I worked on building a gun in the shop today, some of my favorite type of entertainment.
    I've got out a rifle and ammo, to go shoot in a sporting rifle shoot tomorrow with Jim Flinchbaugh. I'm good for entertainment at the time.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Golly,this loser only hunted hogs this morning and late afternoon(unsuccessfully) with testing some new loads in between.I just got home.

No excuses here. I am actually pursuing an interesting hobby. I only happened on this thread when I went to post a question.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast