Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a girls, I mean woman's purgative

Boolit Master

a girls, I mean woman's purgative

I've made a few posts about our search for a 243 for my daughter, our deal was she could pick out what ever she likes, if she raised half the funds I'd go the rest, no limit. I always teach the value of the dollar and earning your own way. She raised to the challenge, found what she thought she wanted, did extra work, saved Christmas money, sold some gear that folks here bought at fair prices. It's a package rifle, the Mossberg with a scope and a muddy girl camouflage paint job. Now it's time to buy. But ......"well I don't know dad, I don't know if I need it, maybe I should save my money". What if times get hard?" "What if I see something I like better?" "Nothing wrong with the rifle I have now" "maybe I'll just keep saving my money?" I was excited about the purchase, us doing it together ect. But I also like the idea of saving and putting away for tough times. Who among us hasn't been there , money in hand to buy a want, and a little voice in our head saying "ya better hold on to the money! " either way Saturday morning we are going rabbit hunting and setting some muskrat traps

She sounds like someone I could take lessons from. Good decision making!!!

I think you meant prerogative, purgative means something else entirely. She does sound like a real good kid.
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Boolit Master

Smart Lady!!! Your teachings have worked.

Banned

Here's the good side to her decision to save.

Something will come along that she reasons and feels that she really wants! Poof! it will be hers because she has the funds now. There is always a good deal to be had for those who are prepared.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Nagantguy,i know you are very proud of this young lady. I applaud her decision making. You have done well. Good luck to ya'll! (she will find her deal, and she'll be ready) She must really like that .44, huh??
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAdobe View Post
    I think you meant prerogative, purgative means something else entirely. She does sound like a real good kid.
    You are correct, sometimes auto correct does agree with what I think i want to say.

Boolit Master

I have been there and done that, I have to say she is doing the right thing to wait a while and see what happens.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    You had better start saving as she adds to her half, yours increases to. Be proud of that girl you have done a great job raising an exception to the normal kid today.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like a level headed gal! Have you considered buying it for her as a surprise?

That's the way to teach them. Mines bought a few of her own. She paid for half of her jeep this year and spring time she gets to work on it. She's a daddy's girl.

Love Life
    You have raised her well!!

A woman changed her mind? Nawww, say it ain't so.....

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    We never had kids and sometimes I miss that when I read things like this. She sounds like a really good kid and you can certainly be proud of her . . and yourself in how you've raised her!

Boolit Master

You've raised a good one!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

In Remembrance

If you bust your buttons, you earned it.

Moderator Emeritus

Maybe I should put a bug in her ear about a 50bmg lol right now saving is a good idea but not in a bank! With inflation you lose money!

Boolit Buddy

Beggin' your pardon Sir,

If'n I may be so bold, I would like to axe for your daughter's hand in Holy Matrimony.

I mean, only if, you's be so ink-lined. Seein' how she's such a wonderful girl and all.

Μολὼν λάβε

She is learning how life works, tempted by instant gratification. Tough lessons to learn in these times that last a lifetime. Definitely some kind of reward needed but her decision to buy or not - finalize learning the decision making process. Her choice and her consequences, good or bad - she's learning - to live with her choices! Many of us older folks have 'buyer's remorse' over some purchases.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDog View Post
    Beggin' your pardon Sir,

If'n I may be so bold, I would like to axe for your daughter's hand in Holy Matrimony.

I mean, only if, you's be so ink-lined. Seein' how she's such a wonderful girl and all.

She could do worse, please don't take offense but when she's a marryin' age I'm hoping she finds someone closer to her own age, come to home. But we are flattered by the offer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast