Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow!

Banned

Snow!

Well the first snow of the winter of 2015-16 landed us 9" today in Asheville, NC.

YEA! I guess it's to make up for the 70° Christmas week we had.

Time to go play in the snow!

In Remembrance
    You can have the snow, where we are if it snows you wait it out till it melts. The county highway here doesn't even get bladed, so you either take your chances or wait..

Here's what the back looked like, this is from a while ago but you get the point.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/albu...chmentid=54140
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Master
    I was in Greenville SC the day after Christmas and it was 74 degrees. I am back in NY now waiting for the storm. I say let it snow. Pantry stocked, generator on auto. Firewood ready. We will be quite comfortable.

Boolit Master

Blammer that is a lot of snow for you all!

Up here in WV as of 9:50 AM, we haven't got hit from this one yet, but it is supposed to start coming down about noon.

We are supposed to get 5-8" today, 12+ tonight and 8-12" tomorrow.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Thirty + yrs ago I was all over those hills, Hickok. If any family/ baby, store pics are still hanging up, I might have took em. Loved that state. I find out later, my granny, came from, somewhere, there, before moving north to hell-land ct. Good luck in snow

No snow for me, I hope we don't get a flake. It's beautiful, especially if it is somewhere far, far away.

Boolit Master

About 5" on the ground for us down here and more on the way. Best snow we have had in a couple years. Turning a little sleety but not supposed to get any freezing rain. Got plenty of fresh pork, beer in the fridge, and dry wood on the porch!

Banned

well it's still coming down heavy, add another 2-3" since 9am this am, it's 1:30pm now

Boolit Buddy
    Blammer,
    Bryson city, about an hour west of A'ville, and only getting rain off and on so far today. 35 degrees, yesterdays snow is going away fast. nothing but wet slush on the ground here now.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Master
    I'm just east of Raleigh. Started sleeting around 6am. Changed to rain about 1pm and has started freezing half way down the storm window. Winds a little gusty, hopefully it won't pick up too much or rain any heavier.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by brassrat View Post
    Thirty + yrs ago I was all over those hills, Hickok. If any family/ baby, store pics are still hanging up, I might have took em. Loved that state. I find out later, my granny, came from, somewhere, there, before moving north to hell-land ct. Good luck in snow
    Brassrat, you are always welcome to come back!

This blizzard wont be too bad for the area I live in, as the folks here are used to it, and we have seen it before, just goes with high elevation. Our road departments are geared and equipped for it, and 4 wheel drive vehicles are the norm here. It has been snowing steady since about 11:00AM.

I hope you all down in Virginia, the Carolina's, Tennessee, parts of MD and Kentucky fare well. Stay home if you can and be safe!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

We have been hit twice today, the first was about 10 inches and now it's pouring down again. I will be scraping snow for a while with the four wheeler.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC87 View Post
    We have been hit twice today, the first was about 10 inches and now it's pouring down again. I will be scraping snow for a while with the four wheeler.
    We are still on our first volley here in tucker co. About 10" heavy wet snow. I just got off the tractor from plowing.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Grand Master

Looks like it's going to start here in about 90 minutes. It is what it is. Not looking forward to shoveling. Moving south looks more appealing every year.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Blammer - you guys really got hit and it looks like it is going to happen over quite a wide area in the east . . . I guess I probably shouldn't tell you that right now it's sunny and 76 here in Sahuarita, AZ . . . and I'm glad to be here and not in MI!

My wife and I have been to Asheville a couple of times . . . went through the Biltmore Estate and really enjoyed that. One of the guys that used to work for the phone company in MI where we live was brought up in Asheville . . . he said he lived near the entrance in to the estate and used to milk the cows there when he was a kid.

Hickok - don't know where you are in WV - I took an old time fiddle workshop at the Augusta Heritage Center at Elkins-Davis College a number of years ago - got to know Melvin Wine - he was in his 90's at the time - the only WV fiddler written up in the WV history books - a very amazing man and he was kind enough to spend some time with me on evening helping me out with some problems I was having with my fiddle playing. Anyway . . . beautiful country - the locals would come in at night and we'd "jam" into the wee hours of the morning. Good folks, very welcoming and I sure enjoyed talking with them all. And we all learned a number of tunes that were unique to the area which was great!

I sure hope you all weather the snow storm and bad weather where ever you are . . . no fun for sure. Stay warm and stay safe! If I could send you all some sunshine and warmth I certainly would!

Banned

wound up with about foot of snow, it stopped as of now, most places are closed.

I was at the grocery to get some odd things for dinner, you know, vegetables.

I should have taken a picture of the bread isle, it was completely bare. Not one loaf of bread in the whole store. All the hot chocolate was gone too.

LOTS of soup left, even at discount prices. That's what I'd get if I were stocking up.

Vendor Sponsor

Blammer we are east of you in Wake Forest, we got about 2" of snice and supposed to get more snow tonite and tomorrow. Don't send us any leftovers! Keep it all there okay??

Beans & Cornbread for supper, this is how WE do snow!! Oh yeah baybie!!

Edit: Recipes posted in Cookin' Recipe's forum..
    Last edited by DougGuy; 01-22-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Love Life
    Just rain and cold weather in Lejeune. PT'd in it today for over an hour, lol.

This reminds me of a funny story about snow in Lejeune, lol.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

Started snowing here about 6:10PM.

They are predicting as much as 2ft plus with wind gusts up to 40mph.

We are stocked up and as prepared as possible. Plenty of food, drinks, gas, kerosene, etc. Snowblower is tested and ready, kerosene heater is fueled and tested...gas grill is fueled and ready to use if the need arises(last resort).

I hope electric service isn't disrupted. No generator...we'll get by if the power goes out. Just won't be quite as much fun...or maybe none at all. We are too dependent on electricity.

Love Life
    I'm in the barracks. If I get hungry I reckon I'll have to eat somebody, lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast