PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: THANKS Fellas....

Smile THANKS Fellas....

Did I ever say how glad I am I found this site ???
    Well, I am..
    I occasionally lurk another site I used to almost live on a year ago...
    The tone of (most) of the people there really struck me last night.
    Here it's friendly and helpful ...
    Here..maybe at worst ..a "let's agree to disagree thing.."
    The other site strikes me now as a clique mentality...
    a "if you disagree with ME, ..YOU'RE an idiot"..and
    "if I don't own it, it's a fake" thing..

Anyway , thanks for a great site and for letting me play.
    I have been holding back on letting my guard down here..
    Now I'm convinced..
    Site contribution to follow soon's SWMBO oks the checkbook...

Thanks

Razor

WooHoo !
    I dun it..
    I are a Patron now...

I think your spot on razor. This site has become my 'home' online- I check it more frequently than any other gun forum. Glockpost is very good in the reloading section. lotta nice guys there- unique sense of humor but very good people too.

THR has some good guys too- but their community is so large sometimes the mods get a little swamped with work I think.

Banned

You are talking about the AR site! There are some hardheads there that keep running down those with experience.
    Welcome to a great place. We do have some discussions here but none get heated because we all respect each other and value all opinions.
    Ask and say whatever you want to and you will get civil answers here.
    I, for one, am glad to have you.

Boolit Master
    Same here.
    I found the absence of personal attacks a little odd after spending time in a couple of other groups.
    But I then got used to it.

Smile

This is an uncommonly civil gun forum. I've been on a few others, and there's always annoying stuff going on with certain folks just wanting to be the dominant "expert." Emphasis on "dominant." The one mentioned has more than its share of that. I pop on there once in a while. Don't stay long.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Super Moderator

...............The members make it what it is, so that's why it's like this. However it is NOT perfect, and just remember we're all human so there's some baggage that comes with that. Yet the hiccups and speed bumps are delightfully few and far between. I think part of that is because as boolit casters the majority are of a, ah ...................more mature age

Regardless, your thoughts and the post is appreciated.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Maturity reflects in how you are raised 9 out of 10 times. Being raised within reasonable limits brings out reasonable people. Though I admit at 37, I might one of the younger generation on this forum that Buckshot refers to.

Moderator Emeritus
    What! You mean to tell me there are other sites for shooters/reloaders/casters?

Boy! Have I lead a sheltered life, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I hang out here, I like the people here and you can always find more than one way of doing something you don't know how to do; by just asking the question, here.

John.

P.S. It is addictive being a member here; you tend to learn about a lot of things like rifles, molds, dies, presses, pots etc which you always thought you could do without but now know you need to have them (even if you don't have a rifle in that calibre/cartridge, yet).

J.
    Last edited by Bigjohn; 04-27-2008 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Forgot this bit!
    John, a.k.a. Tiny or Stretch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am liking it here to. Folks here are down right helpful and have taught me alot.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final!
    Will kill for food!

Cast Boolits

This is a great site, I have picked up a lot in my short time here. Sometimes more than I want to know, well not really, just less simple than I would like.

John

Boolit Grand Master

I'd like to say you're welcome but I have to thank this site as much as the rest of you(s). I cast for years before coming here and learned everything the hard way but I still learned as much(more) here as I leartned on my own. Lots of great guys here willing to go out of their way to help out.
    I have one other site I go to and they are very civil there too other wise I wouldn't be there. Someone got on the other site a few years ago and he was bragging up his accomplishments and matches he had won and if you didn't believe his way you were a "slob" or "slob hunter" as he called it or just a down right lier and he had no problem telling you this. Pretty good for a new guy that didn't know you. But, he didn't last long.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master

I've lurked at many sites, but this is the only one I cared enough about to join. I think part of it is the fact that if you cast, you are a reloader; and usually experienced enough to have "half a brain" about what you're doing.

As has been said here on other threads, members here aren't "my way or the highway" types.

Thanks again to 45nut and the mods for the best place online!

Alchemist
    "Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil." Doug Patton

Converting lead into gold

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Though I admit at 37, I might one of the younger generation on this forum that Buckshot refers to.
    Join the crowd, I just turned 38, and although I have been casting since I was seven, I have learned so much from this site, and it is folks like those who have posted in this thread that I have learned it from. Like others I have lurked other places and it took me several months to register here, because I just knew that somewhere I would find a flame fest. Once I recover form tax season, I also plan to contribute, because this is truly a wonderful site.
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Cast Boolits Owner

One of the great things about a site like this is the shared learning by all. Learning is a process of trial / error. The good comes from the bad and we will not live long enough to make all the mistakes needed to learn the ways. On our site the shared learning of good and bad cuts are learning curve significantly.

R.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -