Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Hatsan Model 87 Vortex: Opinions?

Boolit Master

Hatsan Model 87 Vortex: Opinions?

Midway has this on sale for $159 and I was thinking of getting it in .22. Use would be casual plinking out to maybe 50 yards with possibly some pest control thrown in.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/350...uns-_-20160121

I've seen that other Hatsans have received favorable reviews here, and wondered if the Model 87 also is favorably viewed.

Thank you,
    Richard

Banned
    My experience with 4 hatsans rifles is mixed.one a piece of **** and died in 300 rounds,the other a gas ram 22 was pretty good,and two tuned rebuilt 25 calibers.the hatsan guns tend to have undersized piston seals and wear quickly.they are a hunk of metal with much power but firing them in stock form rattles teeth.if it were me I'd pass and buy an rws 34 or Ruger Impact (a rough copy of the rws B25 is the china name )the Hatsan are horrible to wok on while the Rugers are easy peasy and you can get parts that fit the rws 34 to make it really sweet.
    I forgot I did have a hatsan 25 pistol that was very very accurate.it lasted 2000 shots before the seal burned up.

Boolit Master
    Thank you! Excellent information. (And possibly why it's on sale.) I'll hold out for an RWS or perhaps the Ruger.

Richard

Boolit Master
    Pass on the Ruger. Save a little more and get the Diana/RWS 34, or even one of the Beeman R series. Your grandchildren will appreciate it!

Banned
    My luck is actually been pretty good with the Ruger series/B25 rifles.

Agreed german quality is much better. My three favorite spring guns are my fwb 124d sporter a very early Beeman R7 pre safety and Walther LGV.. but my cheap Ruger Blackhawk when I take it down to the river just plinking cuz I'm goin to be laying it in the dirt is just fine for most field shooting.
    Last edited by cbashooter; 01-22-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Banned
    My ruger air hawk out shoots my friends diana 34, not even close. I can shoot one hole groups at 10 yrds on a good day. I have to admit i did a trigger job on it, down under 1# pull, got rid of 90% of the first stage.

Boolit Master

Get a nitro gas ram rifle. Crosman or Benjamin.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.