WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: 32 ACP Scorpion cast bullet loads?

Boolit Buddy

32 ACP Scorpion cast bullet loads?

Anyone loading for one of the older CZ Scorpions in 32 ACP? Thinking of Bullseye and W231 as starting propellants. Maybe a .312 75 to 85 LRN?
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." Joe Heller

Boolit Master
    I would love to have one of the old Scorpions. Your choice of propellants and boolit weight are right in the "normal" range, and the RN profile shouldn't give you too much trouble with feeding.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Accurate 31-087T with 5.6 grains of Alliant #2400 runs the Scorpion machine pistol like ripping canvas.
    Never owned one myself, but did have a chance once to try handloads in one in the collection at 11th MI at Aberdeen Proving Ground.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 01-21-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey thanks guys. 2400 wow! I'll have to look at the accurate mould.

Boolit Grand Master
    AWRIGHT--THIS DOES IT. My first project for the new loading bench WILL BE.......not the unfired 22-250 fodder........not the emptied 38-55 cases and gas-checked bullets. NO--it will be 32 ACP/2400/#313249. Outpost has corrupted me at long last.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Please post your report. Everybody I tell this to thinks I'm smoking bad weed, but it works!!!!!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Please post your report. Everybody I tell this to thinks I'm smoking bad weed, but it works!!!!!
    Well 2400 is at the opposite end of the spectrum of typical 32 Auto powders.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Well 2400 is at the opposite end of the spectrum of typical 32 Auto powders.
    In sturdy .32 auto pistols it works great!

Attachment 158724
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    It IS a little counter-intuitive, but having used WC-860 (50 BMG powder) in 6.5 x 55 (Hornady #2630) and 30-06 (Lee 200 grain bore-rider) with fair success and good accuracy, this move is not without precedent.

Pistol will be a 1965-vintage Walther PP. Lyman data shows a .984" OAL for the #313249/32 ACP assembly......need to see if dummies seated to that length will feed in the little bottom-feeder. If memory serves, these have done so previously......but trusting memory as I slide none-too-gracefully into dotage has its risks. Measure twice, cut once.

ETA--I have some non-hobby-related issues going on presently that could delay this project a bit. I will report here any progress and results that occur.
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 01-21-2016 at 12:20 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Walt, do you really have a vz. 61 Skorpion, or the semi-auto pistol? If the former I can't imagine how much it would sell for.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Finally got to see one of the semi auto skorpion's in the flesh at the end of 2015. Was sorely tempted but my resolve was firm. If I remember right about $550 but didn't ask what came with it. CZ is making a new semi auto 32acp but haven't seen one in the flesh. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Walt, do you really have a vz. 61 Skorpion, or the semi-auto pistol? If the former I can't imagine how much it would sell for.
    A shooting buddy has the s/a, not a machine gun. Feeding it factory ammo was flattening his wallet. I had a conversion for his 550 and he got a set of Hornady dies. Feeding it FMJs is also expensive so he asked me about shooting cast bullets in it. I'm actually researching for him.

Boolit Buddy
    I wants a Walther PP in 32acp and a CZ Scorpion and I will feel content that I have the realm of 32 acp decently covered. ( Unless I found a really good deal on one of those Seacamps.)