Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HF Cut off saws

Boolit Master
    I have cut thousands of 223 brass with that cheap Harbour freight saw

Boolit Buddy
    With the specs on the saw blade, 2"dia 3/8hole 132 teeth, check with a machinery supply company for slitting saws. I don't know if the pricing will be better or not but worth the try.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    One way to keep the blade tight is to change out the stupid Philips head screw for a socket head cap screw with a small lock washer under it. It just requires you to cut a little plastic away from the cover on the right side of the blade to clear the head of the cap screw.

Bob
    Anyone have the specs, such as thread size, length etc. A link may be helpful as well if someone already ordered one.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Anyone have the specs, such as thread size, length etc. A link may be helpful as well if someone already ordered one.
    Someone had that information in a thread a couple years ago, but I am having trouble finding it.
    Bill

In Remembrance

I suggest that you get ChuckBuster involved in the group buy. If you don't know it, he works for a tool and die distributor in the Detroit area. He can get the best prices on everything of this sort.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    I suggest that you get ChuckBuster involved in the group buy. If you don't know it, he works for a tool and die distributor in the Detroit area. He can get the best prices on everything of this sort.
    Heck yea, if he can drop the price even more I'm in.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

They are much cheaper there that's for sure, but the shipping is $15.14 which makes the Amazon blade about the same. If at least 10 people are interested we could probably get these for about $12- $13 shipped, depending on postage on a padded envelope, the more the cheaper.

If you were a distributor:
    15397-J156 2" blade .020 thick, 3/8 arbor hole, 24tpi, 152teeth $13.81

This one seems to be the same as the Amazon one $8.36 +$15.14 shipping (goes up to $16.20 after 12ea):
    http://www.malcosaw.com/ecom/product/11/1019/

Amazon $21.40 +shipping unless Prime member or over $35 (one left as of today):
    http://a.co/0suyUSu

Harbor Freight $9.99 (no coupon):
    http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...els-42805.html

How about it? I can foot the initial cost of 10-20 of them from Malco Saw and mail them out when I get them, divide the total between us ($9.87 if 10 $9.17 if 20) then add actual shipping from me in TN, can't be more than a couple/three dollars to mail.

BTW, I don't think this is an ad per se (not trying to make any $, just save some), but if it goes against the TOS here let me know. If enough interest maybe we can start another thread or move this post.

I would be in for (2) blades at the ~ $10.00 each range. My application would be 5/16" copper tubing for .308 jacketed bullets; and cutting off .17 brass case necks for swaging heavy .224's .
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

I'd like to get a good blade or two. The HF saw has worked fine for me so far and when (if) it quits I'll buy another. They just don't cost that much. Gp

Boolit Master

I can't remember the thread of the caps crew I used. I just fished around til I found the right one. Every time I order some tooling I add a couple 100 ct boxes of cap screws so I have just about everything I might need. The easy way is to take the factory screw with you to your local Ace Hardware and try it in that little plate they have there and find what matches. I think it's probably a metric cap screw.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

I will make it official on Open Forum Thread, for a variety of reasons I am unable to participate further in any way on these blades. Glad we found a product that works. Hope you guys are able to work something else out. Sorry I am not more help.
    Have a good one
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master

Ok, so far three have shown interest, with a possible 8 blades spoken for. Let's do this, post definitely numbers under this post. I'll edit this message with names and qty requested. If only 8 are spoken for I'll order 10, if at least 15, then I'll do 20. And to be clear, these are the Malco Saw blades, not the F&D ones.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Let's make the cut off on Thursday, midnight, I'll order first thing Friday. And BTW, multiples should save on shipping from me.

Mustang 3ea
    Hardcase54 3ea
    Cord 2ea
    Pee Wee 2ea
    Mold Maker 2ea
    JonB_in_Glencoe 1ea
    newcastter 2ea
    RogerDat 1ea
    Last edited by Omega; 03-17-2017 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Add Names
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

I'll take (2) For sure.

Perhaps establish a cut off/completion date for "Group Buy"?
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

In Remembrance

The P/N for the saw we are using from F&D is: 15397-J156
    The specs are: 15397-J156 Jewelers Slotting Saw
    Outside diameter:2"
    Thickness: .020"
    Hub diameter: 3/8"
    Teeth per inch: 24
    Teeth per blade: 152

Whatever other blade you are looking at should have those same specs.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

The P/N for the saw we are using from F&D is: 15397-J156
    The specs are: 15397-J156 Jewelers Slotting Saw
    Outside diameter:2"
    Thickness: .020"
    Hub diameter: 3/8"
    Teeth per inch: 24
    Teeth per blade: 152

Whatever other blade you are looking at should have those same specs.
    Yup same exact specs, knowing how some factories work, this may even be the same exact blade with different logo.
    https://www.malcosaw.com/shop-produc...202038000.html
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Buddy
    I'll take two.
    " CANCER SUCKS" I swage .224, 6mm, 7mm, .308, 9mm, .40, .429. Also 9 to 30 jackets, and 9 to 9 jackets.

In Remembrance

Not likely. F&P was started by a Vietnam VET, and everything they offer is 100% made in USA. The owners son runs the company now. Their quality is impeccable. Will stand back and see how these Malco blades do. Chuckbuster, who has been in the biz for a LONG time tells me that until this thread, he's never even heard of Malco.

Yup same exact specs, knowing how some factories work, this may even be the same exact blade with different logo.
    https://www.malcosaw.com/shop-produc...202038000.html

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Not likely. F&P was started by a Vietnam VET, and everything they offer is 100% made in USA. The owners son runs the company now. Their quality is impeccable. Will stand back and see how these Malco blades do. Chuckbuster, who has been in the biz for a LONG time tells me that until this thread, he's never even heard of Malco.
    Well, I checked the USA made part before offering. And seeing how long they have been in the biz, their quality should be GTG.
    Malco Saw Co., Inc. is an American manufacturer specializing in circular saw blades for various industries. For over 75 years, we have provided our customers with quality USA-made products in both high speed steel and solid carbide.
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

Quality has to be better than HF made in ???? exported from China.
    Mustang

I have to ask. Has anyone used something such as a 14 inch metal cut off saw for this job? Abrasive blade rather than teeth and those saws shouldn't even notice going through a brass case. Just wondering. I don't have a saw and the HF 2 inch one gets such mixed reviews, makes me wonder if a bit more money for a better saw makes sense. Or if better blade should make the HF 2 inch good to go.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I have to ask. Has anyone used something such as a 14 inch metal cut off saw for this job? Abrasive blade rather than teeth and those saws shouldn't even notice going through a brass case. Just wondering. I don't have a saw and the HF 2 inch one gets such mixed reviews, makes me wonder if a bit more money for a better saw makes sense. Or if better blade should make the HF 2 inch good to go.
    When the 300Blk became popular, there were many saw types used to varied degree of success. But for the ease and cost, the HF saw was just the better value. So much so that a few even imported some of those saws directly from China to sell on eBay when HF looked like they would discontinue theirs.
    ~Pericles~

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast