Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bubba makes me grumpy...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    From the picture: is that SBH hammer dirty, or is it alloy steel?

If it is alloy steel, we need to talk.
    could be alloy I thought it was stainless until I was putting it back to gather and the top part apears to be blued... what's the significance of an alloy hammer?
    Last edited by Mica_Hiebert; 02-05-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Banned

The hammer will blue but it is usually left in the white with the checkering blue.

Boolit Master
    Little update I traded hammers with white rabbit, my cylinder latch plunger finally showed up and while it was all tore down again I touched up the trigger bluing that I didn't notice before, then I didn't like how the paint pen touch up on the frame turned out so I stripped and painted it yesterday. Once it cures out I'll post up some final assembly pics.

Boolit Master
    Final pics, painted frame, blued trigger, stainless hammer and all the guts in working order

Boolit Master

wow, that turned out great.

What holster is that? I may need one for my 7.5"

And how's the hammer working out? trigger nice and crisp, light? or at least crisper and lighter than factory Ruger?

Boolit Master
    Just a inexpensive hunters brand holster. The hammer/trigger is smooth, lock up feels allot tighter too but that is probably due to replacing the shattered cylinder latch plunger. Thank you for the the compliments. wish I could take better pictures with my phone. there is a few places that look like shiny metal on the pictures but its just the lighting. the bluing is still a little light on the frame sides but it turned out pretty good for an old truck gun.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow thats miles from where you started. I think someday I'll enjoy doing things like this....once I get all my must do projects done. Excellent work

Boolit Master
    Still kicking myself for diving into the project before taking pictures. It was ROUGH

Boolit Master
    Good work. It may not have been economical. But you have work to be proud of.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prsman23 View Post
    Good work. It may not have been economical. But you have work to be proud of.
    allot of my tools are like this. Chainsaws, weed whacker, lawn mowers, cars, home, etc have been bought broken or in need of repairs and have been brought back to some thing I can be proud of and I generally end up with something equal or higher quality than I can buy new. I guess thats why handloading and casting fit into my life style so well. Even If I dont save money I take pride in the fact I built or rebuilt something instead of getting something assembled by a 5 year old chinese kid.

Boolit Grand Master

Nicely done. How's it shoot?
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Nicely done. How's it shoot?
    Don't know yet. haha never shot it before the tear down and I am stuck on the island of week end grave yard shift. I'd like to think I'll get out to shoot it soon but wife thinks I'm supposed to be remodeling a bathroom and kitchen. Have a brand new 357 gp100, Ruger #1 in 475 linebaugh, new 44 mag black hawk, new ruger American ranch rifle and a r25 in 243 that I have not shot yet as well. Life has been getting in the way allot the last couple years. I also have about 5 rifles that I want to switch scopes around on and upgrade a couple so I Def have a back log of shooting projects that keep getting thrown to the back burner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12