MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox Load Data
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Lee Auto Bench Prime

Boolit Bub

New Lee Auto Bench Prime

Has anyone used the new Lee Auto Bench Prime part no 90700? I have been using the Lee Auto Prime XR for pistol cases and have had problems with primers getting stuck due to my hand movement not getting the case all the way back and in line with the primer. It would appear that the new bench mounted tool would be steady and consistent but I would like to hear from someone that has used one.
    Thanks
    John

Banned

I did not know it was available. I am going to try it out, for sure.

P.S. Just checked Titan, not available.
    Last edited by jmort; 01-17-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Boolit Master

ordered some parts from titan reloading friday night, wasn't listed as available then, I checked. Looking forward to it.

Boolit Master
    As of today (1/17/2016), Lee's website still shows it as "coming soon". While they have used that phrase to mean "out of stock" I think in this case it is accurate. I haven't seen anyone offering it.

They do show the folding primer trays (90606) as available. I am not sure what the advantage of the folding trays are. Though it appears that Lee figures it is good enough to discontinue the standard trays. I may order a pair the next time I need index flippers for the Loadmaster.
    My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.- Rodney Dangerfield

Boolit Master
    Funny as Lee makes no mention of it on their website. I used their hand auto prime for a long time. Tho is a bit hard on the hand after not to long. A friend gave me 2 of the ram prime set ups, contrary to use use at times. But better than one at a time. But if their new bench unit works at least a little better than the ram prime might look at one. The ram prime just has that issue of once your down to less than 20 or so, it stops feeding on its own and you have to help them along. Probably seemed like a good idea on paper, just not so much in actual use. Fortunately I didn't pay for them.

Banned

"Funny as Lee makes no mention of it on their website."

Yes, they do, under "New Products"

AUTO BENCH PRIME

Shipping early 2016

The easiest, most convenient bench mounted priming tool on the market. Symmetrical design allows effortless right or left hand operation. Comfortable lever with just the right amount of mechanical advantage effortlessly seats even the most difficult primers with just finger pressure. The perfect mechanical advantage to feel the primer seating completely home into the primer pocket.

Includes priming assemblies for large and small primers. Made of a water clear tough polyester material that allows you to monitor the primers passage from the tray to the primer pocket. Change primer size or shell holder in seconds.

Includes the new folding tray—go from box to priming in seconds. Tray has a built-in primer flipping feature allowing direct filling from today’s large primer boxes. The tool mounting holes are spaced for the Lee Bench Plate system (#90251) or can be mounted directly to your workbench.

Uses special, but inexpensive priming tool shell holders,so there’s no need to endlessly swap press shell holders to prime.

Note: mounting hardware sold separately.

Boolit Master

I have the RCBS bench mounted priming tool. In the very beginning I thought I found priming nirvana. The problems I had with it initially were lessened a little by polishing shellholders. Then I had occasion to use primers other than CCI brand. Using ANY other brand resulted in a lot of hangups. Once again a little tweaking here and there improved but didn't totally eliminate the problem. Then there is the ritual of filling priming tubes. Given all this, I still use it more than any other priming tool - it does leave a little to be desired though. I look forward to getting my hands on the new Lee tool. If the thing works, they'll sell a bunch of 'em.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master
    OK so not under 'priming tools' like one would expect, but in new products. Way its made should not have the feed issues the ram prime set up does. And not require a press.

I haven't had any problems with my RCBS bench mounted priming tool using any brand of primer I've tried.

The Lee unit looks interesting.

Banned

"I have the RCBS bench mounted priming tool. In the very beginning I thought I found priming nirvana."

"Then there is the ritual of filling priming tubes.Given all this, I still use it more than any other priming tool - it does leave a little to be desired though."

I have a couple of the RCBS bench tools, feel exactly the same way, and I too look forward to giving the Lee tool a go.

Boolit Grand Master

Is there a shell holder chart that indicates which cartridges fit which holder??
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Bub
    I suppose that it will use this which has a chart for 115 different cases
    Hand Priming Tool Shell Holder Set

Lee set of Hand Priming tool shell holders, include 11 of the most popular for more than 115 different cartridges.
    Includes #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 19

Click here to view parts

Banned

Yes it do, see post #6

Boolit Man
    Gonna get one of these!!

Boolit Master
    Yep, gonna have to try one of those. I just hope the priming punch does not leave marks on the primers like so many do.

I prime on my Dillon, Just have to keep the slider clean. Have enough extra steps in cleaning & case prep, don't need one for primong.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    I prime on my Dillon, Just have to keep the slider clean. Have enough extra steps in cleaning & case prep, don't need one for primong.
    I certainly wouldn't use it when loading on my progressive, but for rifle calibers that I now load single stage, it might be a replacement for my auto prime.
    My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.- Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by rtracy2001 View Post
    As of today (1/17/2016), Lee's website still shows it as "coming soon". While they have used that phrase to mean "out of stock" I think in this case it is accurate. I haven't seen anyone offering it.

They do show the folding primer trays (90606) as available. I am not sure what the advantage of the folding trays are. Though it appears that Lee figures it is good enough to discontinue the standard trays. I may order a pair the next time I need index flippers for the Loadmaster.

I ordered a new small primer assembly for my load master and it came with a folding tray. I will not use the folding tray it as obstructs full view of the primers. It also feels cheap. I prefer the old style tray with the clear lid.

How does this folding primer tray work? Is there a demonstration of it on Lees site? I'll go look.

Looks like the price is going to be around $32. https://fsreloading.com/lee-precisio...ime-90700.html

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast