Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Powder Substitutes, Really ?

Boolit Master

Johnson, I want to try T7 again in my C&B revolvers also. Read up on it a bit, and seems the crud ring involves rifles. Don't see how it could be a concern in the C&B revolvers. One way to find out, I'll have to fire a couple of cylinders of it and check it out.

I prefer the BP, but it is not always easy to get.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Haven't been able to determine if the deer I shot over the years prefer black over subs. They are dead within a few seconds of being blasted. Manufactures may "name or classify" types of powders to keep folks safe. Black powder substitutes seem logical. T7 seems to build up at the breech in my rifles, but is easy to clean since I swab out after every shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The meetings will continue until we find out why we can't get anything done around here. NRA Life Member, Illinois State Rifle Assoc., Chillicothe Sportsmans Club.

Boolit Master
    Is there really a point? Who cares. I have a lot of Pyrodex R on-hand so I am going to use it in my 45-70 BPRC cartridges. It's as simple as that. Might shoot great, might shoot bad. Either way it smokes and makes the Sharps bark. It's all fun.

And by the way, some of us live in remote areas. Holy black isn't as easy to get as Pyrodex. I mean the loose Pyrodex. I don't have a in-line rifle. Don't want one.

Boolit Buddy

Cannibals and useful idiots

I think I'll just leave this right here........

Next time another hunter talks down on how you hunt, tell that cannibal to read this.

Cannibals and useful idiots

Written by John Wasmuth

The following is real, and it’s here.
    Joe Hunter goes to a cocktail party, nothing fancy, just a holiday gathering in Anytown, USA. A conversation begins with Bob Peta, it goes something like this;
    “Say Joe, didn’t you go deer hunting this year.”
    “Sure did Bob.”
    “Man that’s, uh, great, did you get one?”
    “Yep, sure did, nice 6 point.”
    “Uh, wow, hey that’s great. Say listen Joe, yer a true hunter, a ”Real” hunter are you not?”
    “Yes, I sure am.”
    “Say, I hear tell of a kinda huntin where people can go and kill animals in fenced in areas. You’ve never done that have you?”
    “No, no I haven’t.”
    “Well I wouldn’t call that “real” hunting, would you Joe.”
    “Well, that’s not the way I hunt.”
    “I know Joe, but there are people that hunt in fenced areas, I don’t think that’s “Really” hunting, do you Joe.”
    “Well, uh, I guess not.”
    “Great, say listen Joe, a bunch of us concerned “Real” hunters are trying to get that done away with, we feel that it is unethical. Will you help us Joe?”
    “Well sure, because that’s not the way I hunt, and I am a “Real” hunter.”
    “Say thanks Joe; here is what we need you to do. As a “real” hunter, the big boys in senate and congress will listen to you; they know that any “Real” hunter only hunts the way you do, and that’s the only “Real” hunting there is. So what we need you to do is get out there and get petitions signed, people will sign them because you are a “Real” hunter and know that only your way of hunting is the “Real” way.”
    So Joe diligently goes after the goal, to ban and outlaw any kind of hunting that Bob suggests is not “Real” hunting. He gathers signatures, petitions courts, makes meetings, he is really cleaning up this “unethical” way of hunting. Hell, he’s got a lot of support. He’s gathering “Real” hunters from all over, and finally, after much hard work, they get a legal way of hunting banned.

“Joe, you did great and we sure appreciate your hard work, but hey, let me tell you what I heard about. There is another kind of hunting “We” think is not right. Do you think you can help us?”
    “Well, I guess so Bob, I don’t hunt like that, so it’s not “Real” hunting. How can I help?”
    “Well, here is what we need…….,” and it’s the same story. Odd how Bob seems to keep adding onto the list of what “Real” hunting is, but Joe goes at it hard and heavy, and in the end, he gets that type of legal hunting banned. Bob and his “Friends” are happy. Joe’s a “Real” hunter after all, and these other guy’s, well, they are not, because the way they hunt is different from Joe, and Joe does not like that type of hunting, so what’s the harm in getting rid of it? Joe’s a “Real” hunter you know. Not like those other guys. He even goes to Sportsman’s organizations and recruits from within, it’s easy because there are a lot of “Real” hunters there.

Time passes and more and more legal forms of hunting are banned. Bob and his “friends” are happy with Joe. He’s been a big help. After it’s all just about gone, Bob and his “friends” decide that it is time to get Joe’s way of hunting banned, the final chapter.
    “Bob, uh, hey buddy, this is Joe. I know I helped you get rid of all those other forms of legal hunting, but now there is a move to get rid of the way I hunt.”
    “Well Joe, I know. My “friends” and I are spearheading that.”
    “But Bob, I thought you liked the way I hunt, that it was ok for me to do the type of hunting I do.”
    “Well Joe, no, any and all types of hunting are bad, the poor defenseless animals never have a chance, and we dislike, actually hate hunters.”
    “But I thought the way I hunted was “Real” hunting to you.”
    “Hell Joe, it was all “ Real” hunting, but we at PETA and HSUS Hate you, but thanks for all your help, we really appreciate it.”

You see, what Joe became was a “Cannibal”. A “Useful Idiot” to the anti’s and PETA. They don’t give a rat’s backside how you hunt, what you hunt, or when you hunt. They just want all hunting done away with. They use hunters against hunters to gain support for their “Causes”.

If you do not support any and all forms of legal hunting, and decide to pick and choose the ones you like and dislike, and voice any decent about the way someone else legally hunts, you are in fact, a “Cannibal” and a very “Useful Idiot” for the enemy (the anti's). There are plants even within the sacred walls of your favorite Sportsman’s organizations, and online message forums working against our way of life. Route them out, expose them, and be rid of the nonsense. Hunting’s future depends upon it.

Boolit Buddy
    While we are at it, someone needs to do something about all these "muzzleloader hunters" that use GPS units driving around in modern vehicles wearing RealTree camo, and fancy modern hunting boots. Ban all that stuff, too. Indian moccasins (have you priced them? OUCH) and authentic buckskin clothing with coonskin-cap only. The use of magnetized needles is allowed in naturally-occurring mud puddles ONLY. Horseback only from your house.

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot an abundance of APP (American Pioneer Powder) Cowboy action shooting. Unless I'm shooting my C&B 1860's or Walkers. Then I'm shooting black. ( Where people think Black powder is Holy is beyond me) What I shoot at gets that way.
    At rondezvous I shoot strickley Black, in rifle, pistol & shotgun. I camp in a tipi too. If you shoot some thing else, you are welcome in my camp anyhoo.........
    Cowboy action, APP in rifle, pistol & shotgun.
    BPCR is strickley black. That's what the BP moniker is for. If ya shoot some thing else, I don't care, and I'll ask you what you are using and how well it works.
    Long range lever, is going to be a mix of APP & Smokeless.
    APP affords one to shoot with smoke, with out the hassle of special lubes, I suppoze one should call them "Holy Lubes?"
    Black gives a deeper roar and the fire works we all love, that's why night shoots are so popular.
    When I hunt, deer and or pheasants, I will not use pyrodex, it has failed me big time in the past, so I will only hunt with black in those type guns.
    Otherwise, smokeless works real well. Now, if you want to tell me I'm doing it wrong, THAT my friend, is your problem.

As far as calling it a substitute, it works for me. "If I don't want to use black, I can SUBSTITUTE this, and not blow my Hawken to bits!!"
    Or, I shoot "smokey powder" instead of "smokeless powder". I'm sure just about every one on this board has shot about all the powders out there.
    Be it "Holy" Black, "Heathen" Smokeless, or that "Awful" Stuff in the middle.
    I'm just darned glad I get to shoot.

Knarley
    A gun in hand is worth two cops on the phone.
    MOLON LABE

Vendor Sponsor

Amen to that .. Shoot what you like ..
    I never understand peoples desire to deride anothers choice of what they shoot ..
    As long as they are shooting , and doing so safely why should I care !!
    let 'em have fun ..

PS personally I like Jim Shockeys .. easy to load multiple rds without cleaning every other shot .
    super easy end of day cleaning, never seen a sign of it causing any rust and most importantly my "BP" guns shoot extremely accurately with it
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Its what some are left with, after the gobermint bans holy black, to keep it out of the hands or terrorists
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Perm-Banned
    muzzleloader hunters in the very very remote areas i hunt in in western nebraska are no threat at all to my hunt or takeing too much game. their is hardly anyone out here hunting but me and my son and a friend. cant remember seeing anyone hunting muzzleloader when i was out their. so the point is if they had a laser sight controlled muzzle loader it wouldnt make any difference to any of us here, what we really need is more hunters with any kind of muzzle loader you want to bring. check out western nebraska, more state and federal land that you could explore in a life time. if you want to pay for a hunt, i know a rancher who's drive way is 7 miles long and has 100,000 acres of land. his prices are not bad either. i dont care what a muzzleloader hunter uses as out here the deer dont run up to you and say please please shoot me. you have to hunt for them and if shots are under 125 yards you are very very lucky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12