Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast

Good Sunday Morning ya'll,
    This just proves I'm not to old to learn something new. Now I know what a bird in a basket and a bunny in a hole is. Mary, (I've a sister named Mary), that quiche sounds and looks wonderful. I didn't know what that was either.

Have a blessed Sabbath.

Moderator Emeritus

I and the wife ate breakfast with the son, DIL and grandsons on Christmas day. She fixed one of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten! It was pretty simple, but oh so good! She used some of the rotella tomatoes with some peppers in them, mixed with scrambled eggs and some sausage that she mashed up inside the whole mix. She had biscuits, too! They're kind'a my nemesis, but I simply HAD to eat one with this kind of breakfast. She also had bacon, sausage, and I can't remember what all else, and gee golly wow was I ever more in Heaven at her table!!!

I'd never used those rotella tomatoes, but I'll be getting some next time I'm at the grocery store and see them. I just love tomatoes on or in just about anything, and the little bit of heat from the peppers, the scrambled eggs, the sausage and onions ..... well, it was a fantastic way to start the day! Give it a try some time. It's easy as pie and will really kick start your day! Great on a weekend to get you motivated and smiling!

Love Life
    2 bowls of raisin bran and a banana.

My famous fried taters, some elk link sausage ( it's half pork to give it some grease) topped off with a couple of hen-fruit, over easy. Pretty basic but it sure works. JW

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    2 very small oranges . Diets are a bummer ! (Do they still say 'bummer'.) OR maybe diets are lame ? But I know diets are not groovy , gnarly or tubular ! Heck to get old .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Love breakfast but for me it is more like brunch! One of my favorites is Bisquick egg pie, beat a half dozen eggs, add some milk(heck if I know how much, add a slosh) then add Bisquick to make a runny pancake like batter. Into ths you can stir any vegetable, cheese, meat combo that trips your trigger! My favorite is fried onion, bacon, and cheddar with more cheddar on top. Bake at 350 until a knife inserted in the middle comes out sorta clean, you will be able to see the difference between melted cheese and the not done batter.

Remembered I had pics!

Mary, that looks delicious.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Idaho Mule: Do you batter your "taters"? My Mother did, and my wife does, batters them in cornmeal that is already salted and peppered. Then fries until the edges start turning brown. There is nothing better.

Moderator Emeritus

I have learned the hard way that for me 2-3 eggs keeps me going until noon without a desire to snack. Add a biscuit, pancakes, toast or hash browns and the carbs want me to eat a horse about 10 am when they wear off. It is crazy the eat less and last longer but it works for me. I can eat a little bit of fruit but not much with it and be OK.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    The Mules taters will suffice me until something better lands in my plate.The sausages need no promoting from me,and over easy always wins...The real best part of that breakfast in toto is all I have to do is eat it..( maybe shake out a tad of Tabasco product,if available on site) Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Love Life
    It really depends on my expected level activity and the environmental conditions for the day. On a light day where I won't be very physical, then a couple bowls of heart healthy cereal and a fruit will get to noon. If I have something physical (Monday through Friday as required, lol) then I'll add a protein whether it be chicken, steak or eggs. If it's going to be very cold outside where my body will need fuel for heat, then I may 1.5 or double my portions.

Boolit Grand Master

One of my most memorable breackfasts wasnt fancy or even conventional by standard thinking. It was on the bank of the Maumee river with a small camfire going from the night before. A few walleye fillets fresh caught and roasted over thecoals with green sapplings some cowboy coffee and toast. WHile watching the sun come up. sitting there hearing the occasional snap as the sky went from black grey to a light glow red then seeing the sun slowly make its apperance. Sitting there on that dead fall was almost true heaven

Moderator Emeritus

I had one of the best breakfasts ever at my son and DIL's Christmas morning. She used a can or two of rotella tomatoes, the hot kind (peppers in them), and mixed in and scramble eggs, some onions and sausage, with biscuits and toast, and gee golly wow was it ever more GREAT! Kind'a kick started my day. I normally have to decline the biscuits, but ate one that day, and believe me, NOBODY ever enjoyed one more! What a breakfast! She also had bacon and sausage links on the side, too! If that doesn't put a tiger in yer tank, NOTHING will!

Vendor Sponsor

Every January we go on a vacation to Florida gf and I, several of our respective family members live here. We come to fish, enjoy the warm weather, and one of our favorite things about Florida is the Cuban cuisine. One of my favorite things while traveling is to sit down to a really good and sorta different breakfast. Here are some we have been treated to on our travels..

Basic eggs and chorizo in Tampa, grits and kick a$$ cuban coffee just out of the photo here..

Milanesa (thin breaded steak) with black beans and yellow rice, typically served with almost every Cuban meal, and two over easy eggs..

Cuban omelet with onions, peppers, potato sticks and chorizo sausage, (Freaking AWESOME too!!) with Cuban bread and a couple of "Colada" Cuban coffees, this is espresso made with sugar and it is monumentally good! The waitress later brought a bowl of the most creamiest and delicious white hominy grits I have ever remembered having. This is a breakfast I would go well out of the way to enjoy, at Mario's family cuban restaurant in Homestead, FL.

Excuse the poor quality photo, it was sunny and we sat outside and dined among the locals, this place seemed to be quite popular and we will stop here again on our way to Key West next year!!

Edit: LOL I forgot, tomorrow morning we will be heading to La Teresita on the south side of Tampa for breakfast, coffee, and to hit the Cuban bakery for pastries as we begin to make our way home. I will post a photo soon enough!!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 01-17-2016 at 10:22 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Moderator Emeritus

Much heavier than a quiche!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    We call this quiche.

Mary, I cooked your Bisquick pie this am with modifications. I was doing Dutch oven breakfast for about 50 at a friends church Methodist men AM prayer group. I broke 12 eggs, 1 cup bisquick. 1/2 cup of flour and stirred in 1 pound browned pork sausage, 1/2 pound browned bacon, browned onions, bell peppers and spinach with 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar. Put this in a greased 12" Dutch Oven and cooked with coals at about 350 for 40 minutes--Five minutes before taking off heat, I spread some mixed mexican cheeses on top. Would send a picture, but it was gone before I had time to look up.

I also cooked a 14" mountain man breakfast, 2 14"ers and 1 16" of cat head biscuits and a 12" of monkey bread and one of easy cream cheese french toast. I prepared all my browned ingredients the night before and the only help I had was my one armed friend, started the charcoal and kept getting the coals placed and heat on them. I an used to cooking with this many ovens, but it "wowed" my friend and his friends at church.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    A lot of good stuff here,so here's one more to help you wake up and go..Take two(2) oz .Of Orig.V-8 juice,1-2 Oz of Liquor(Depending on proof available),and 1 Oz of Orig. Tabasco.. Shake (don't stir)..get that down,and the Hills won't seem steep at all...Carry a extra in your backpack in case you need a boost to get home... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Moderator Emeritus

Always a hit when I make it. This was a staple at deer camp for us. You can make it all the night before, put it in the pan and toss it in the fridge so it is ready to go the next morning when we came in off the deer stands around 10 to eat. Toss it in the oven and bake an hour while everyone relaxes for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bear67 View Post
    Mary, I cooked your Bisquick pie this am with modifications. I was doing Dutch oven breakfast for about 50 at a friends church Methodist men AM prayer group. I broke 12 eggs, 1 cup bisquick. 1/2 cup of flour and stirred in 1 pound browned pork sausage, 1/2 pound browned bacon, browned onions, bell peppers and spinach with 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar. Put this in a greased 12" Dutch Oven and cooked with coals at about 350 for 40 minutes--Five minutes before taking off heat, I spread some mixed mexican cheeses on top. Would send a picture, but it was gone before I had time to look up.

I also cooked a 14" mountain man breakfast, 2 14"ers and 1 16" of cat head biscuits and a 12" of monkey bread and one of easy cream cheese french toast. I prepared all my browned ingredients the night before and the only help I had was my one armed friend, started the charcoal and kept getting the coals placed and heat on them. I an used to cooking with this many ovens, but it "wowed" my friend and his friends at church.

Boolit Master
    Saturday Lunches,usualy Eggs,Bacon,Baked Beans and Fried Bread,Fried with Lard and smothered in ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Joe Clarke View Post
    Idaho Mule: Do you batter your "taters"? My Mother did, and my wife does, batters them in cornmeal that is already salted and peppered. Then fries until the edges start turning brown. There is nothing better.
    No batter. I start with a splash of olive oil or bacon grease, which ever is handier and let it heat to medium as I chop half an onion. I let the onion sizzle as I peel and cut taters, stirring occasionally. I like to add the taters all at once, but it isn't necessary, then season to your likes and cook until done. JW

Banned

my favorite is a biscuits and gravy take off. I make biscuits. I like pop and fresh because I cant make them any better. I make home made sausage gravy before hand and allways have it in the freezer. Take a coupe biscuits open them up dump scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese mixed in with them when cooking on top of the biscuits. then I put a layer of either sausage links or a sausage patty on top and top off with sausage gravy. If I'm real ambitious I will sauté onions and mushrooms and dump them on too. If I'm lazy I do the same with a couple pieces of toast instead of the biscuits. Its a real stick to your bones (and artery's) breakfast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast