Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with buying precast bullets

You know the more times the name Western Bullet Co. is mentioned in this thread the more times this thread will pop up when people do web searches for Western Bullet Co.

Just sayin', if you really want to spread the word.....

Boolit Grand Master

Wow. Those would have ALL BEEN REJECTED and tossed back in the scrap pile for next smelting session. Those are UGLY

I emailed Western Bullet Co. requesting a refund and linked to this post as recommended. Rather to my surprise this time he did reply and said "send them back and he would refund my $107" so I guess this discussion did put a burr under his saddle. I guess I'll still be out the cost of return shipping but that's better than nothing. I hope that doesn't mean that he will just resell them to someone else. Now I think I'll order that NOE mold and cast my own as I should have in the first place. Thanks for the support of you good folks here.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    I emailed Western Bullet Co. requesting a refund and linked to this post as recommended. Rather to my surprise this time he did reply and said "send them back and he would refund my $107" so I guess this discussion did put a burr under his saddle. I guess I'll still be out the cost of return shipping but that's better than nothing. I hope that doesn't mean that he will just resell them to someone else. Now I think I'll order that NOE mold and cast my own as I should have in the first place. Thanks for the support of you good folks here.
    Probably about as best that can be expected.

I hope the owner/operator will improve the QC measures and produce better product. I'd prefer for a small company survive and provide a good product for a fair price to increase competition.

Boolit Bub
    And this right here is why I recently took the advice of many here and bought a RCBS mold, alloy from RotoMetals, and a Lee sizer die instead of buying the 'store bought' bullets. Initial investment may be more but at least I know what I'm getting and have no one to blame but me if something goes awry.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JNG3 View Post
    And this right here is why I recently took the advice of many here and bought a RCBS mold, alloy from RotoMetals, and a Lee sizer die instead of buying the 'store bought' bullets. Initial investment may be more but at least I know what I'm getting and have no one to blame but me if something goes awry.
    And the more you cast, the lower the investment is....

Boolit Master
    I made plenty of those starting out...but I melted them right back down.

Boolit Grand Master

It looks like the guy made it right with you, not much more you could ask for. Hopefully he has learned from this mistake.
    Charter Member #148

Those are not worth the cost of the check. Western Bullet Co needs to learn how to cast from this site!

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona

Boolit Grand Master

I threw much better boolits back into the pot this past weekend and I was more than a little out of practice. To be honest, commercial cast bullets led me here a few years back. I spent a few hundred $ on bullets for a BPCR and none worked. I came here, figured out what I needed and ordered a big box full of gear and pretty soon I was casting better boolits than I had bought. Funny thing: 30+ moulds, two furnaces, a dozen or so sizing dies, a couple of 4500 sizers and several hundred pounds of alloy later that Sharps is still an unsolved mystery to me. Had lots of fun and success with other rifles and handguns but this one still keeps me humble.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12