RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: remembering my Father in Law

remembering my Father in Law

As some of you know, my wife and I have a pretty rough week. Her father went to the Portland VA hospital Sunday night for an emergency surgery, to remove dead intestine. Due to the condition of his health, we were informed by the head surgeon that he would certainly die without the surgery and most likely would not survive if they performed it. Well, he chose to go through with the surgery and the recovery was not successful. He passed Monday evening, leaving his wife, his son, and two daughters.

Alvin Baumgart served in the United States Navy and was deployed during Vietnam. He was a sailor on an Aircraft Carrier. Many folks have already messaged us with their memories of the nice man who worked at the grocery store, the guy who loved to take his grand-kids fishing, the man who helped them come to know the Lord Jesus, as well as a loving father and husband. One of my particular memories of him was when he pulled me off to the side and said, "just so you know, you have my permission to go ahead and marry my daughter".

His ashes will be placed in the wall at the Washington Park Veteran's Memorial in Portland, OR. His wife will also be receiving a flag, in his honor. Below are some photos of him in his Navy uniform and a photo of our last family gathering at Christmas.

Also below is a link to a GoFundMe that my wife and I have set up to help his wife. Unfortunately, his passing has left a financial strain on his wife and we're trying to help ease that any way that we can. That said- please pray for the family, that the Lord would comfort them in this time.

Edit: if there happens to be any Vietnam veterans who served in the United States Navy, and who may remember a man with the last name of Baumgart- I'd love to hear about it!

https://www.gofundme.com/23j3bncc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	158217

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	158218