Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Ouch...

Ouch...

New front end components on an F350 Super Duty, plus new brakes all around...that hurt. Pardon me a moment while I go curl up in a ball and weep. Haha...
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tinhorn97062 View Post
    New front end components on an F350 Super Duty, plus new brakes all around...that hurt. Pardon me a moment while I go curl up in a ball and weep. Haha...
    Been there done that
    2 Days under a f250 sd During the summer --ujoints seals / brake pads / turned rotors/ 1 wheel bearing spindle / upper/ lower ball joint /caliper rebuild kit -- did the work my self

ordered parts from rockauto

ps the same parts in canada are twice the cost (last of my parts I had to buy here) to get it done in the 2 days

Spindle studs and nuts (ford only = $60) for 4 studs & 4 nuts

painful it is but your truck will be safe for the long drive you will be taking soon. the wife cut off everything in front of the fire wall to the front bumper off a 79 Buick 225 Electra with my f350 with a 429 c j motor . full front end clip and twin i beams and springs roters and tires and wheels and inter fenders. dad and i got it back together over the weekend . i had a truck of many clolors-5 in fact i was so broke after buying parts i shot it with black primer and called it done.good luck with the move and have a safe trip. propwashp47

Quote Originally Posted by propwashp47 View Post
    good luck with the move and have a safe trip. propwashp47
    Thank you, sir!

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Yes . . but just remember . . . if you had it done at a dealership . .. . the work was performed by "Technicians" . . . no longer a "Mechanic". LOL I feel for you but at least its up and running and will be safe for you now . . .

We took our Toyata RAV in to a Toyota dealership last week for a 65,000 mile servicing - LOF and tire rotation. They wanted to change ALL the fluids to the tune of close to $700! What!? I pointed out that the manual didn't recommend that but was told "Well our dealership recommends those things be done". Yea . . right! I told him it wasn't going to happen and to just do what was stated in the maintenance manual . . . then my wife and I went to the waiting room for it to get done. The crowning glory was when the service manager came in to tell me that the "Technician" had noticed there was some "corrosion" on the battery terminals and they they should be cleaned . . . they could do it for $65.00! He went on to tell me they used a "special kit" to clean them . . . yada, yada. I asked him if I had "stupid" tattooed on my forehead? I then pointed out that cleaning terminals USED to be a normal part of servicing a vehicle . . . and that I could easily do it at home with my $6.00 battery terminal cleaner that I bought years ago at the local NAPA store . . . that and a little vaseline would "solve" the problem and a HECK of a lot cheaper than their $65.00 "screw job" . . . .

Funny thing . . . when we got home I popped the hood and looked at the terminals . . . they were as clean as a whistle from the last time I had done it . . . . must have been magic???

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Yes . . but just remember . . . if you had it done at a dealership . .. . the work was performed by "Technicians" . . . no longer a "Mechanic". LOL I feel for you but at least its up and running and will be safe for you now . . .

We took our Toyata RAV in to a Toyota dealership last week for a 65,000 mile servicing - LOF and tire rotation. They wanted to change ALL the fluids to the tune of close to $700! What!? I pointed out that the manual didn't recommend that but was told "Well our dealership recommends those things be done". Yea . . right! I told him it wasn't going to happen and to just do what was stated in the maintenance manual . . . then my wife and I went to the waiting room for it to get done. The crowning glory was when the service manager came in to tell me that the "Technician" had noticed there was some "corrosion" on the battery terminals and they they should be cleaned . . . they could do it for $65.00! He went on to tell me they used a "special kit" to clean them . . . yada, yada. I asked him if I had "stupid" tattooed on my forehead? I then pointed out that cleaning terminals USED to be a normal part of servicing a vehicle . . . and that I could easily do it at home with my $6.00 battery terminal cleaner that I bought years ago at the local NAPA store . . . that and a little vaseline would "solve" the problem and a HECK of a lot cheaper than their $65.00 "screw job" . . . .

Funny thing . . . when we got home I popped the hood and looked at the terminals . . . they were as clean as a whistle from the last time I had done it . . . . must have been magic???
    Yah- those folks are out to make money, pure and simple. I hated dropping the cash, but all the stuff really did need to be replaced. Before proceeding, I verified each condition myself to make sure they were not embellishing the quote.

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70