Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Any new on Lab Radar availability dates?

Boolit Grand Master

Are we talking the units serial number or order number? they are diffrent. My units serial number is 000110 ( off the top of my head) and the order invoice number was diffrent from that.

Boolit Buddy
    Called them this AM re their email confirming CC info. Asked about ship date because of travel at the end of the month. He said he will guarantee shipping of my unit by the 15th. I don't know what the invoice number is. He said that the number is not that important. Sri I can compare numbers. There appear to be two shipments from Canada to the US. One the 1st week and the next the second week.

If you have ever had a skyscreen type chrony, you would have had some lost shots. I had built one years ago. It worked great until it collected a 22-250 round. The parts I used were no longer being made so I junked it rather than redesign the whole thing. So even if every other shot registers, at least this one won't get shot!!

Ed C

Banned

Just got email notice, Order # 2352 shipping at end of April 2016

Boolit Master
    I called and they said I'm to ship in the second week of April....so about another week or so.
    [

Boolit Man
    Got the credit card verification email today. Emails says 'shipping soon.

Boolit Buddy
    Got a call from them today. Expect to ship around the 20th of April.... Whooo Hooo....

Just in time for shootin season.
    I can not know what I don't know.

Boolit Master
    I just got an email that my unit has shipped....
    [

Boolit Master
    Tracking number says it should be here tomorrow...
    [

Boolit Buddy
    Got my email confirmation. The invoice was 20xx. The shipping tracker said it should arrive on Friday. That should be exciting! I hope all the orders go through smoothly and quickly.

Ed C

ps This was my Xmas present and birthday present.

Boolit Grand Master

WOw they must be getting caught up on the orfers now, I ordered mine in august and recieved it in Febuary.

Boolit Master
    It was just delivered. I got the unit, remote rechargeable battery, padded case and the table stand. All of this stuff looks really high quality. I have to get an SD card. They list a only a 4gig SD so I bet there is a memory limit that the unit can address.

As a summary glance, the unit itself looks well weatherproofed, sort of like an armored laptop. I'll report later how things work.
    [

Boolit Master
    If anyone wants one...I just got an email that they are in stock at Midway...I checked and they are listed as in stock...
    [

Boolit Man
    They asked for my credit card info back on 6 April. I responded that day and haven't heard a peep since.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine will be here Wednesday! They lasted only a few hours but that's longer than I expected.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    I finally got to try mine out. First lesson learned! One needs to arm the thing before shooting. Those were the only shots that were not recorded. Second lesson. One needs an SD card if you want to suck the data out of the USB cable.

I tested 9mm, 40S&W, and 44mag using distances of 10, 22, 33, 44, and 55 yards. My target was at 15yds. The thing clocked right through the paper! It did miss a few of the 9mm at 55 yds. Very pleased with the performance. I do not know if the radar was not aligned correctly for the longer shots. I suspect that aligning for a 50yd target would allow tracking beyond 50yds with the 9mm. I will test some more tomorrow at a different range.

Ed C

Boolit Grand Master

Mine's next to my range bag, stack of batteries nearby. Stand will be here next week but I have a good tripod. RTFM Ed. It was a boring week so I got it done. Read up for a handy alignment tool. Their bigger units utilize rifle scopes but a plastic speed square seems to suit our needs for 100 and closer.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    Well, someone who was going to have to wait for the June shipment should be happy because there will be one more unit available for the April shipment .
    I am scheduled to get one end of this week / first week of May , according to the phone call I made .

Going to call and cancel my order tomorrow .

On Monday this past week I got a notification e-mail for Midway that they were in stock ,and immediately ordered one , even had it sent overnight (for about $15 extra) so I could play with it while I was off during the week .
    Ordered It about 3 Pm Monday , had it in my hands on Tue about 11 am !!!

I was out using it a couple hours later ....

Using it with both a 223 and 308 .
    I missed a few shots here and there , probably me moving the rifle around on the bench , and getting it out of position
    for the unit to read it .
    Could even be that the unit was not aimed 100-% correctly , and being off a little with the rifle made it miss a shot .

While I had this unit set up , I also had my Oehler Chrono set up about 15 ft down range, so I could get velocity readings from both of them .
    The numbers I got from the Labradar ran from about 15-20fps higher than the Oehler .
    Out of about 50 rounds or so ,a couple shots were about 25 fps higher.
    (now I don't know how fast my bullets are going , its like having two watches , you never really know what time it is LOL !!!)

Seems I remember hearing that somehow the Labradar corrects for actual muzzle velocity , don't know if that is true or not .
    If it is , then the numbers I got from the Labradar and the Oehler are closer together if you correct the Oehler for actual muzzle velocity .

One thing I noticed ,is that since I was shooting until late in the day , and sun coming in at an angle , I had a couple "glint" glitches with the Oehler , and as it got later , the Oehler quit working , and I was there with the Labradar for about another
    45 minutes or so .

So far I am satisfied with it .
    One of the main reasons I wanted it was because I shoot mostly at a public range , and it can be a pain on a busy day to try to get downrange to set up the Oehler .

I haven't tried it with a handgun yet.
    I can see that if you had it set up on a tripod, and standing along side of it , it would probably be easy to get "out of position" and the unit would not pick up some of the shots.

All my shooting was done with a rifle , from a bench ,with sandbags, so the rifle was always in the same position .

Now all I have to do is remember to cancel the one I have ordered , I like it , but not enough to have two of them !!
    Although it would be interesting to have two of them side by side, to see how close to one another they read .

Hopefully, one of you folks on this site will be the one to get theirs a month sooner ........

PS , the folks I talked to at Labradar said that it was absolutely no problem if I was to cancel an order because I bought one somewhere else (confirmed this before I bought the one from Midway ) .
    He said it was only going to make someone else happy, to get one sooner than he thought .

Joe

Boolit Master

Hope it's me that gets it - got the email 3 weeks ago confirming credit card and I'm still waiting for that email saying its shipped...

Boolit Man
    I saw that Midway had them, and frankly, it kind of pissed me off since I put my order in back in mid February. They say it will ship out by the end of the month, so what's another week at this point?

Boolit Bub
    I had my order placed back in Feb also.
    Back them I had asked the guy from Labradar about Midway showing them on the website (out of stock at that time)
    He said back then that Midway had an order in long before I placed mine in Feb.

One of the reasons I ordered mine from Midway last week was because of my work schedule . I had a chance to use it last week .
    Because of shift changes (dayshift/nightshift) I wouldn't get to use if for the next couple weeks .

Joe

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast