RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Any new on Lab Radar availability dates?

Boolit Master

Any new on Lab Radar availability dates?

I have my back order into LabRadar for the next delivery. They said February. I hope this is worth the wait. I have a CED chronograph but it is such a pain in the a$$ to set up. I have nothing bad to say about the CED but if the LabRadar is as easy to set up and get going as they say, then I'm likely to use it far more.
    [

Boolit Grand Master

Did they send you an update or did you just place an order? My patience is growing thin at the moment. Received an email about backordered parts and they said delivery around Christmas. Haven't heard anything since.

Boolit Master
    I placed my order about a month ago and they said realistically it will be February. I hope we're still on track for that.
    [

Boolit Grand Master

Acordding to the US distributor for Lab Radar My order was place August 8th last year and Im in line for the febuary delivery now. I waas originally told september then it moved back to december now its febuary. While hopefull for this Im not holding my breath.

Boolit Master
    Well that is certainly a depressing chain of events. I sent them an email asking if it's still February...here's hoping.
    [

Boolit Master
    I knew I shouldn't have written them...now they say according to my order number...I'm looking at April. This is starting to smell like the Lyman Mag25 furnace. Man this is killing me. I could really use one of these things. The ease of setup would help me TREMENDOUSLY.
    [

Boolit Master
    I received mine last November and I am sure that there is a long waiting list to get one. I am glad I ordered one when I did, as it is very easy to set up.

Boolit Grand Master

I should probably contact them. I'm betting my order is now set for April. W/out knowing what's going on. It seems like they are funding one run at a time. Not enough capital on hand to fulfill all the orders. I could be wrong but I've seen the same thing in my line of work.

Boolit Master
    From everything I've read this flippin' thing is awesome. I mean it completely outclasses its conventional competitors by using an entirely different method of measuring bullet velocity. Essentially, the technology for sky screen chronographs has plateaued; the technology they use has been perfected. They're the best "vacuum tube" ever made...so to speak. The Oehler 35p, arguably the best of this breed, boasts technology years old and Oehler says there is no reason to change it as there is nothing better available. I agree with that. The Oehler is a terrific system but suffers from the limitations inherit in the sky screen based design.

I think it likely that radar based ballistic chronographs will erase sky screen systems from the market...once they actually start getting these things into the hands of the shooting community.

It's really disconcerting that the delivery times are jumping by months. When I ordered at the beginning of December they were pretty confident that the delivery date would be February. Now they're saying April. I suspect they have no real idea and are pretty much throwing darts at a calendar.

But hey...what's a needy consumer to do? There's no competitor...yet.
    [

Banned

As you all know, there are units out there and it do seem like the way to go. Another $559 gone, but seems like it is worth it. I do a lot of shotgun, and many a chronograph has been laid to rest by a wad. I don't compare it to the Lyman Mag 25 pre-production problems, as Lyman could not get the china production up to snuff. This one is already out there, working like a champ. The Lyman was a Unicorn.

Boolit Grand Master

The military has used doppler radar for many years for velocity tests on big guns ( try getting a 155 mm sabot round over sky screens LOL). it only new to the civilian market. From my research the Canadian company making these units Is a bigmilitary supplier and those contracts come before the civilian work. I believe these units are more what we called fill in work at the plant, high use parts ( ones that had a high use rate) we could run when things were slow to keep ahead and fill in time. Electrodes for the spot welder was one of these.

I decided to hold off awhile, the reviews I have read didn't really impress me. I'll give them some more time to improve what they can and work out the bugs. Once they have production keeping up or surpassing demand the price will drop as well, like everything else electronic.

Boolit Master
    Really? What don't they/you like about it? Most everything I've read and the videos I've seen were nothing but positive.

It's possible, we'll be hip deep in 7 different manufactures of these things before LabRadar gets caught up. Which would be great...but I'd really like to have one as soon as I can. I'm retired now and have time on my hands to play with all the different guns/loads I've thought about.
    [

Boolit Grand Master

If it never makes it to market in volume the price will never come down. Lots of people need to have working versions before any type of price decrease.

Boolit Master
    The thing about it is that there is no patent or secret sauce to this technology. If some company that is already in the chronograph business wants to get into this, they can, without having to invent, reinvent or pay someone who has a patent on the wheel. Say, Oehler, Pact...whoever wants to become one of the first companies that makes refrigerators instead of one of the last companies that sells ice boxes...and stay in business there is no insurmountable hurdle to doing so.

I'm hoping that it is not going unnoticed in the shooting industry that people are standing in line and ready to drop upwards of $600.00 for this kind of equipment.

I think we've seen that sort of change, although more slowly, in moving toward electronic scales. Unfortunately, the shooting industry is not rich in electronic products, with the exception of scales and timers. Maybe that's enough of an "in" to get the ball rolling on other electronic aids.
    [

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

And to think the first chronograph I had you actually had to shoot through real screens and change them with every shot.

Boolit Master
    I remember those! At least they didn't error out all the time and it didn't matter where the sun was AND you were supposed to shoot and put a hole in something instead of just trying to miss it.

Hey?! Wait a minute...
    [

Boolit Grand Master

Okay Friends, I just got an e-mail confirmation from the distributor my Unit is to be shipped today. UPS Shouldnt be much longer now. Ill get in the middle of a cold wave so it will sit awhile before I can test it.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine will be here on Monday

Boolit Master
    Oh man....at least they're delivering. I wrote yesterday and they still told me April...
    [

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast