Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just the facts: Lube recipes

Boolit Man

Beeswax Moly-Graphite Lube

I did not see this recipe so I am posting it. I have had good luck with this lube in pistols but have only used it in cooler temps so I do not know if it would get too sticky in the hot weather.

Beeswax Moly-Graphite Lube

Equal parts of:

Sta-Lube Extreme Pressure Moly-Graph General Purpose Grease
    Pure Beeswax

For a harder lube you can use 40% grease / 60% beeswax which should be fine in very hot temps. Apparently this has been used by some people with good success as well.

At one point when I was living in Nome, AK I couldn't find the Sta-Lube grease and used some other Moly Graphite grease and it worked fine.

Greebe

Boolit Master
    Been using this for a while,it keeps the BP crud soft.Goosefat,Beeswax,Olive Oil.Rendered down animal fats are good lubricants and will stand high temperatures.The Goose Fat is sold over here in Jars for roasting Potatoes etc.

Banned
    This is not bullet lube, but the case lube I use for re sizing all my cartridge cases. First clean dirty cases in vibrator with mix of walnut and corncob media. Deprime all cases, then lube the inside case mouth with a "q" tip dipped in Shaler Rislone. Shaler Rislone is added to all my oil changes in all vehicles. Catch the left over drips in small prescription bottle and save for lubing cases. Be sure to lube the outside of the case lightly. Have never had a stuck case using this case lube. dd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123