RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A 9 year old boy needs some prayers

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update! Great to hear of his progress. Anything of this type seems always to be a slow recovery, but it's wonderful to hear he IS improving. The young are physically tougher, in many ways, and more adaptable. Plus, they were already in a learning stage, to the healing part comes to them more naturally than for us adults. Prayers will continue, and God bless him and his whole family.

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    Another update: Hank has the flu and is a little under the weather at the moment. He continues to be positive and is making good progress towards recovery, but gets frustrated because his vision isn't right. I didn't know he was having trouble seeing, but I guess it has been a problem from the onset.

Your prayers are appreciated by myself, Hank and his family.
    The enemy of good is better.

Moderator Emeritus

edler7 thanks for the continual updating...Hank is tough....but prayers are stronger....will continue to pray for this young lad!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    More prayer for Hank , it will be forthcoming . Thanks for the report . Sorry I'm late .

Boolit Master

Hank is being visited by school buddies almost every weekend. It's about a 300 mile round trip, but some of them manage to make it. Hank has regained some speech and swallowing function. He continues to impress his rehab team with his rapid advances. His dad tells him every night "Make someone say 'WOW!' tomorrow". His bout with the flu was brief, and he is flu free now.

Thank you again for your prayers and concern.

Moderator Emeritus

And thank YOU for the followup reports! It's always inspiring and humbling to see the young ones healing up after a big set back. Reconfirms and stiffens our belief and faith. We all have feet'a clay, at least at times, and seeing or hearing of these things benefits all of us, if we just let ourselves appreciate the real significance of these things. Prayers continue for his brave and valiant young man. The young seem to naturally accept that they sometimes have only one game to play for a while. I think that's part of the source of their strength and resilency. They just keep on keeping on and stay focused, and have a natural and inate faith that it's gonna' work out right if they just do their part. We could all learn a good lesson from young folks like this.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.

Boolit Master

Update on Hank, from a blog by his big sister-

Each day he is better at walking with help and getting his legs to do what he wants them to do. He is working on the muscle memory of taking one step after the other. Sometimes his legs get criss-crossed and needs help straightening his legs, but the effort and the motions and the weight bearing he does on his own, with people helping to stabilize him. His speech improves daily, and it is obvious that he has many memories intact and his cognition is impressive.
    It takes a lot of effort for him to walk and talk and make his body do what he wants it to do. He works so hard! And he practices all day long even when he is not in school or therapy. By the end of the day he is usually whooped!
    Hank has such a good attitude. He is so cheerful and cooperative, and mom said when the nurses ask him something, he doesn't just answer "no", he answers "no thank you" or "yes please". The staff at the hospital love working with him and they are thrilled about his progress.

I know the prayers from this group had a part in this. Thank you, Gentlemen.

This is great news ! GOD is good . Still praying for Hanks full recovery !

Moderator Emeritus

Thank YOU for giving us the opportunity. What would we be if we never knew about good cases like this to include in our prayers? A friend said recently that he used to think that miracles were something that used to happen, but didn't any more. He's changed his mind, and mostly just had his eyes opened. God is still God, and he really DOES answer our prayers, and extend His mighty hand down to heal and protect us when we can't do it ourselves, just like He's always done. That has been a transforming realization for my friend, and mirrors my own experience too, and I suspect many of us here as well. God is still God, and we are still us. Nothing has changed, so that old perception that miracles just don't happen any more was more a simple expression of pessimism, based on our perception of things not being like we want them to be. We humans have ALWAYS had to EARN our way in this world, simply because without some effort on our part, God really doesn't have anything to bless very well, does He? And all we have to do is ask, and do our due diligence, and He will respond just as he always has. Nothing has changed really since the Big Bang, except our perceptions and outlook.

Cases like this young man's inspire us, and show us the power and true glory of God, so let me dare to speak for all of us here and say thank YOU and the young man himself for all the opportunity and inspiration WE get from stories like this and the progression of events, and the inspiration they provide us. If we're not progressing in our faith, we're backing up. Faith never stands still, ever. You gave us a chance to help ourselves, as well as this young man, so thank you both for this. It matters.

Moderator Emeritus

Love the updates as well as the continual improvement....Praise God and the help He has given to the doctors and nurses, and the prayers that we offer up on Hanks behalf....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Thank you for the updates on Hank. We have sure appreciated being able to pray for him and his family. God is Good, indeed.

Lord please continue to help Hank improve . Be close to him and his family, give them reassurance and strength . Thank you for all you do for us . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

edler7, Please tell Hank that we are praying for him and love to hear that he is continuing to improve each day. Visits from his family and immediate school mates is some of the best medicine that he can have!

Heavenly Father, I come to You to sing Your praises for the continuing improvement of Hank's health. Please continue to guiide the medical staff that is working to heal Hank. Father we love you and give you all the praises for Hanks continue to improve! AMEN

Lord help Hank and help his family . Please make Hank whole , let him be a praise to you . Thank you . In Jesus name I pray . Amen
    Last edited by Boaz; 02-29-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Lord please speed Hanks recovery. Help his therapists and doctors . Give his family strength and patience to deal with the situation. Give Hank the help that only you can give . Thank you Lord . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen

Boolit Buddy
    Please let Hank know we are all praying for im and add me as another prayer warrior praying for his rapid and full recovery.
    Those stress balls really work..... When you get to shove them down a persons throat.

Please help Hank get well and be with all that are involved in his recovery Lord . In Jesus name I pray . Amen

Boolit Master

Haven't had an update in a while. I assume Hank continues to improve, but he is still in the hospital.

Thanks again for your prayers and kind words.

Lord please give Hank recovery from all medical problems . Please stay with him and his family to guide the recovery . Thank you . I ask it in Jesus name . Amen

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast