WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: How well would the lube grove on this bullet work in the Star? 6 CAV TL356-95-RF

Boolit Buddy

How well would the lube grove on this bullet work in the Star? 6 CAV TL356-95-RF

How well would the lube grove on this bullet work in the Star? 6 CAV TL356-95-RF
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TL35695RF.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	157869
    The lube grove look in between Micro grove and regular??

Boolit Master

Looks like a micro groove to me. It might work with one open if you get the punch depth just right. Have you considered tumble lube and not sizing them at all? If you do a bit of research, Ben Hays has really simplified the tumble lube process with "Ben's liquid lube" dries hard, dries fast and works like amazing. 45-45-10 from White Label Lube is very good as well.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Should work fine, I size and lube 7 different cal. On mine. I have a 22 with a very small lube grove and it fills nicely.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy
    That looks like a good candidate for powder coating.

Boolit Master

Not sizing TL CB's got me into trouble in my early days of casting as my CZ75's and BHP's had failure to go into battery whenever an over-sized CB found it's way into the magazine.

I have sized and lubed many different TL designs through a Star but the lube used needs to be tacky enough to stay in the small grooves and the number of lube holes in the die may require multiple passes through the die with the punch at different depths.

The CB's from the mold you have will probably not be a problem to lube if you get the punch set just right so that the hole in the die intersects the ridge between the 2 lube grooves. BAC is the lube I would use for that CB.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    I've had no trouble at all with those types of bullets using the Star machine, prolly 2 sets of holes open.