Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolutionary pc liner

Revolutionary pc liner

Well maybe not. I am lacking in advice to contribute, as I have been helped, but here goes. I ran across this 'Made For Tv' silicone liner and it might work if anyone wants to search for. Its called Pyramid Pan. You can see the design and it has another side too. I hoped a boolet, especially a small one, would be nicely held, upright and maybe nose down. That may work for some but not with the few boolets I tried. Laying them down might work great thou and hold them from rolling with a little air space too. It's 16"x11" and could be cut.

Spotted at WM today, lol This was found by me as what I thought was new/old stock at the thrift store.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    My philosophy is - anything touching the boolits will leave lay marks. Some things less than others.

I stand all my coated boolits up on NSAF to bake. 30's go in fender washers to keep them up. It doesn't take THAT long to do many hundreds of them.......certainly more than I can shoot in a couple weeks.

I get no grooves, lay marks, bare spots, fingerprints, divots.....just smooth shiny boolits nose to base. But, I am a perfectionist.

If others out there try this mat, please post results with close-up hi-rez pictures of baked finishes. New ideas are always welcome!

banger

Boolit Master

How about turning it over and put the noses in the valleys?

A square boolet is what is needed.. I did try both sides. They do seem great to lay down thou. $10 at WM, I don't really want to try mine cause I like cooking and wanna try it that way although some reviews mention a problem with getting them clean, in the recesses.

Boolit Master
    I saw those at Wal-Mart when I was looking for silicon baking mats. I almost bought one.

Then I almost bought one again but again didn't. I thought about all the contact points and decided not to.

If you guys want to look at them they are usually in the "seen on tv" section.

Motor

I don't think anyone wants to play

Boolit Mold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453017821131.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	158400

Found this silicone trivet at my local Dillons grocery store. Little hexagonal spaces hold up 22 cal perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by KSUJedi View Post

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453017821131.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	158400

Found this silicone trivet at my local Dillons grocery store. Little hexagonal spaces hold up 22 cal perfect.
    How big is the diameter of that? Have you used it yet? Have you got a name/website for the maker?
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

What Art said!
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Mold

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453042590247.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	158404

Yep, have used it and works great. Here's a pic of another one I just got so that I can be loading one up while the other is cooking.

"Core kitchen" is the brand, although found some online that at least look similar but are under the name "Gourmet Club". Works basically like the fender washer method, but no work involved in building, and no need for additional NSAF (which I haven't had good luck with holding up). It says it's for temp up to 450, which would seem to be cutting it a little close, but I haven't seen any signs of degradation after multiple cooks.

Pic shows that it's just over 7" round, and a couple coated bullets with it. Depth comes up to just higher than the gas check shank, but didn't seem to affect coating on the shank or bottom part of driving band, and no lay marks. I originally got it for laying long 30 cal boolits on to try to have minimal lay marks, which it's just ok with, then discovered that this is its true calling.

I spaced them out which made it a little easier to place them all with hemostats, they can go in just fine right next to each other to cram more on, would just make it tight work so depending on your dexterity with hemostats..... I got about 100 on there spacing them out.

Now I just need to find one that has spots that fit a 30cal gas check shank!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brassrat View Post
    A square boolet is what is needed.. I did try both sides. They do seem great to lay down thou. $10 at WM, I don't really want to try mine cause I like cooking and wanna try it that way although some reviews mention a problem with getting them clean, in the recesses.
    It has been done, in an effort to ""convince the Turks of the benefits of Christian civilization".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

I'd be more inclined to rely on double sided tape, or paper lightly sprinkled with shellac powder.

Or there is this one that's good to 600f.

Name:	silicone-trivet-c.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	158476
    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...licone-trivet/
    Nonslip silicone trivet is heat resistant to 600°F/315°c.
    • 7" sq.
    • $11.95
    °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
    A Closed Mouth Gathers No Toes

"When I get to heaven, Tie me to a tree,
    Else I'll get to wandering, Then you know just where I'll be"
    (Ben Rumson, Feb 19, 1924 - Aug 29, 1987)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by brassrat View Post
    A square boolet is what is needed...
    Now THAT'S revolutionary!
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Great work out there on my revolution!! No longer will potential little soldiers be made to lie down. Now load up that, square, pork fat, ammo!

I wonder if .45 revolver bullets.would fit nose down???

Edit: I had to go to Walmart so I took.some .45 boolits with me. It will hold them by the nose. So long as its already on a flat sheet or screen it should be easy to transfer into the oven.
    Last edited by Markbo; 01-18-2016 at 07:25 PM.

I found this one on Amazon, then looked up the manufacturer direct. It appears to be imported from China, but the company is here in the USA.

Name:	c4799a4c-6528-4920-b6c1-dd6fdc1ff1e5.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	158747

It's good up to 675 degrees and available in a bunch of different colors. Best part is they're just $6.50 and currently on sale for $5.00 each. Shipping appears to be $12-$15 for up to 10 or so from my experiments on their web store.

I've requested exact dimensions of the overall trivet and of the individual hexagons inside.

OF

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceFired View Post
    I found this one on Amazon, then looked up the manufacturer direct. It appears to be imported from China, but the company is here in the USA.

Name:	c4799a4c-6528-4920-b6c1-dd6fdc1ff1e5.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	158747

It's good up to 675 degrees and available in a bunch of different colors. Best part is they're just $6.50 and currently on sale for $5.00 each. Shipping appears to be $12-$15 for up to 10 or so from my experiments on their web store.

I've requested exact dimensions of the overall trivet and of the individual hexagons inside.

OF
    Got a link?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Shoot. I thought I linked the image. http://www.lamsonsharp.com/product/honeycomb-hotspot

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OnceFired View Post
    Shoot. I thought I linked the image. http://www.lamsonsharp.com/product/honeycomb-hotspot
    Hard to tell from the picture what the pocket ID would be. Would be nice to know before ordering and find out they are 1/8"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast