RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Re- Run MiHec 311410 - Brass Cramer HP

Boolit Bub

Re- Run MiHec 311410 - Brass Cramer HP

How many people would be keen on a 311410 hollow point re run?

Boolit Master

This is my favorite boolit for subsonic 300 whisper. With the deep hollow point I get good expansion of a 50/50 alloy or my range scrap.

I'd be in for another if it was the appropriate diameter to suit a CZ 527 in 7.62x39. Does anyone know wat diameter these rifles require?

Will these be able to stay subsonic and cycle an AR platform used with a suppressor?

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in , I missed out I want one

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Electric88 View Post
    Will these be able to stay subsonic and cycle an AR platform used with a suppressor?
    I doubt they would cycle at subsonic velocities. I think the minimum is around 160 to 180 grains

Boolit Grand Master

Something to think about. The original design of the 311410 was altered to include a cylindrical section of the nose just in front of the crimp groove to provide a throat filling diameter for this design. I think some folks who bought the mould for semi autos had some issues with feeding/chambering due to that.

My use was for .303 British and the honcho wanted it for a single shot handgun so not an issue for us and better having that full diameter outside the brass. He honchoed and I modeled the boolit and made drawings for Miha to make the mould.

You might want to check that out before running the group buy. It would be a minor change to eliminate that cylindrical section and run the ogive right to the crimp groove if feeding is an issue.

Last time diameters run were 0.311" and 0.316". I think Miha can do anything in between. 0.311" would be too small for 7.62 x 39 and 0.316" too big. Best to check on what Miha can and can't do with that cherry too.

Longbow

Boolit Buddy

MP 311410 in the 300BLK

"xacex"
    posted pictures of flat black powder coated boolits from this mould
    back in May of 2014, and he said:

"These were from the 311410 group buy which is a rework of the Lyman 311410. It throws a 125 grain boolit, and a 128 grainer with the shallow H/P. I have to seat it out past the crimp groove for good feeding in the 300 blackout, but it also has worked well in the 7.62x54R at a little slower pace pushed by 13 grains of red dot. Here are what those look like with the boolit. "

"That hollowpoint goes all the way down past the crimp groove. If I shoot a water jug with them it will stop the line because it has been known to pop them so violently at 300 blackout velocities that the jug will go 20 feet into the air. A great varmint boolit, but I am still working on getting the accuracy where I need it for small animals. "

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	311410 in 300BLK.jpg 
Views:	4846 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	157999

Name:	311410 in 762x54R.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	158000

You can see how far out it is seated in the first picture;
    well past the crimp groove!
    Maybe he will tell us the OAL that worked for him....

The pics and comments are from this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...oating-Post-em

Boolit Grand Master

I've been loading mine over 20 - 22 grs. of IMR4227 and using COW+graphite filler in my .303's (mine is a PB mould). I haven't chronographed them yet but they certainly do blow up water jugs. Accuracy is decent from my sporterized No. 4 at about an inch at 50 yards and about 2"+ at 100 yards though I really haven't shot it enough and tried different powders and charges yet.

I couldn't remember the honcho's name ~ CBrick at first then I think xacex took over if I remember correctly.

Longbow

Boolit Buddy

I am absolutely in on a group buy. I emailed Mihec after the last group buy but he was out. Please let's get this thing going!!

Boolit Buddy

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Re- Run MiHec 311410 - Brass Cramer HP

New to rifle casting so I'm curious if this would be too light/small for 30-06? I have a small supply of 311413 casts but the mold was modified and is no longer useful so I'm looking for a potential replacement for when I start reloading for my original '03 and Win 70.

If not this any recommendations?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rollmyown View Post
    I'd be in for another if it was the appropriate diameter to suit a CZ 527 in 7.62x39. Does anyone know what diameter these rifles require?
    I second this. My CZ has been ordered.
    "To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    "xacex"

Name:	311410 in 300BLK.jpg 
Views:	4846 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	157999

Name:	311410 in 762x54R.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	158000

You can see how far out it is seated in the first picture;
    well past the crimp groove!
    Maybe he will tell us the OAL that worked for him....

I will look in my notes. Just moved last month to the ranch, and all of my load logs are still packed up. I can tell you this, this bullet works well within its limitations. I have got below 2" 5 shot groups powder coated at around 2200 fps. It is still not a barn burner, and I would not push it faster that around 2300 fps. It seems to need a gas check to perform best from the results that have been posted elsewhere. Seems appropriate since the original lyman was a plain base, and was not noted for accuracy. The crimp grove has served no purpose for me. This bullet will not cycle an AR with a subsonic load. This is my favorite bullet for the 300 blackout, and I have got better accuracy out of it than the famed 310-155 2R Lee bullet everyone likes to use. It seems to do best with a hollow point.

One of my favorite pic of this bullet.
    Last edited by xacex; 02-02-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

As we speak I'm experimenting with this bullet in my Yugo M70......
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Boolit Buddy
    I would problem be In for a .310-311 or even a .312 for my 32's and 30's really want a 4 banger HP GC plz get this one rolling .

Boolit Master
    If it will fit/feed/cycle in AK and/or SKS, count me in for a 2-cav GC HP. .312" or greater would be preferable for me.

Any input regarding success with this design in the above mentioned platforms?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBushBro View Post
    If it will fit/feed/cycle in AK and/or SKS, count me in for a 2-cav GC HP. .312" or greater would be preferable for me.

Any input regarding success with this design in the above mentioned platforms?
    Not an sks, or AK but I did try it in the 54R Mosin. Worked well, and with a light charge of red dot was by BIL's favorite gun to shoot. That one is a 91/59 with a tight .310 bore. These are powder coated so the diameter gets bumped up a touch. Mihec just mentioned he is trying it in an AK.

Boolit Bub
    I like! How heavy are they? Sorry if I missed it somewhere

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R1valdez View Post
    I like! How heavy are they? Sorry if I missed it somewhere
    124-130 grains depending on alloy, and hollow point pin, or flat point. Mine come out at about 129 grains with the shorter hollow point pin. I an still looking for my load book for 300BLK. Found all the rest, but that one is missing for some reason. I have a bunch loaded I may just go measure one of those to let you in on the COAL. I know when I did the cartridge length I did it so it would function fine and not stack in a unmodified GI mag yet chamber okay with powder coat. I played with it until it functioned flawless in all 3 of my 300 BLK's.

Edit: Looks like from the ones loaded I am doing 1.985-1.990" COAL on those. Now to find that load log.
    Last edited by xacex; 02-03-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast