Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: I got a winner! Thanks Everyone! Thanks BrassMagnet for the help

Boolit Master

I got a winner! Thanks Everyone! Thanks BrassMagnet for the help

I got my Lee Enfield a few months ago and have been playing around with getting the thing up and shooting. Got the brass and started loading with my Lee 314 mold that I had. I've heard everyone talking about the 314299 and got one from NOE. Great mold. I had to braze the front sight to get it up high enough to shoot paper with cast at 100 yard. Mission accomplished. BrassMagnet suggested to use 4895 powder so I had to try that one out. Started with 25.5g and moved up to 29.5 g w/ 27.5 being the winner hands down. Now this group is at 100yards and yes I did scope it. It's days like this that make you keep casting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	157581 the picture is sideways but it gets the point across.
    Boolits weight in at 196 and about a 15 brinell. Loaded over 27.5g of H4895 sans dacron.
    Lubed with Randy Rats Tac1 and Pat Marlins 30 cal gas check. So many hobbies coming together for a great result.

Congrats. All of your hard work paid off.
    Uber7mm

Bambi: The great American hunting story as told through the eyes of the antagonist.

Boolit Master

Very nice

Having picked up that mold at the end of last year NOE sale. I'm most encouraged by your results. Hmm. 4895 27.5 grains, you are giving me an itch.
    And encouragement.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

i bought a NOE version of the 314299 a few years ago, ive bought 5 more NOE moulds since then. I originally bought it to use in my 1891 Argentine mauser, now it gets used in two 1891 Mausers, a M91/30, and a 1898 Krag. the 314299 shoots wonderfully in all the calibers i use it in, and i would expect the same great accuracy out of the .303.

NOE moulds are top notch, all of my moulds run great after a good cleaning and some heat cycling.