MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swapping mounted items

Boolit Master

I just go to the thrift shop or garage sales and get wooden cutting boards.
    I mount the presses on these and then C-clamp them to one of the benches

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Similar to what Skeetxx does I have most of my Presses and Machines bolted to base plates made of aluminum. I had about 12 of these left over from a job that got cancelled on me so I'm using them up. They were already completed parts and good for nothing else so using them up on my loading machines was a good thing.

The only things directly bolted to the bench, which is an Ex Crafts Class Bench from my local High School (they were throwing them away?), are the Rock Chucker, the C&H 444 and my Lyman Boolit sizer. Everything else floats and is brought out of storage as needed. Someday I'll build a backstop for that bench with some shelves.

They get clamped to my Reloading Bench with C Clamps as needed and get stored upstairs when not in use, covered by plastic bags.

Other pieces from that job were used to make the risers and bases for smaller tools like the Lachmiller Shotshell Conditioner, RCBS Primer Tool, etc. Smaller things that would be in the way if bolted to the bench but are still necessary. They are better off being kept in a cabinet where they stay looking new.

You'll notice that most of my stuff looks new? That's because I don't leave it out where it just gets dirty. Plastic Trash Bags are great to cover your machines and they keep dirt off the machinery. They cost almost nothing.

Anyone could do the exact same thing as my mountings with 3/4 plywood. This isn't hard to do.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I made a base with 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood . Screwed the turret press into that with some spax screws. I clamp the whole assembly onto my desk with 2 c-clamps. No holes to drill in the desk and I can move it out of the way as needed. Stole the idea from someone else on here after I broke the particle board on my first desk.

Boolit Buddy
    I use sections for 2x10 lumber with 4 holes to anchor them to my bench and whatever holes or studs are need to attach the tool. I used a template to make sure the holes in all the plates and the bench match. I put threaded inserts in the holes in the bench and use matching bolts to secure everything. I can make them longer if needed to stick out from the bench or use them sideways for other tools like trimmers. They are inexpensive, durable and easy to make.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12