Load DataInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: ID This Press?

ID This Press?

An acquaintance asked if I knew what this press was, but I don't. Can anyone here identify it? I believe it says Tru-Line on it.

Thanks,

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    Pic-ee no work-ee
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy

By the looks of the pic, I think it's the phantom 1zillion

Boolit Grand Master

If it says TrueLine on it you have a Lyman, either a TrueLine Jr (common)or a Sr. (Less common).
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I don't know what's going on with the picture? One time I open the thread and it's there, but the next two times I open it, there's nothing......... To make it worse, I'm working from a picture of a picture he e-mailed me.

It's an ugly thing, with three round legs, or supports, on a square base. Two are side by side, which the main portion appears to slide up and down on, and the third leg is at the back as a support. The sliding portion doesn't wrap around the two side support rods, but rather looks like it has half round slides that are held in place by the two side rods.

The handle is attached at the top of the press and pivots from the top. The actual handle is missing in the pictures, but there's a sleeve that it slides into. The base is square, but I can't tell where the shellholder and die actually go from the angles of the pictures. The base also appears to have short legs under it.

It looks like maybe the die goes into the sliding portion of the tool, and the shellholder may fasten to the base, but this is just a guess. It is painted orange and it does say "Tru Line" in the upper right corner of the press.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

I just looked in Swappin' & Sellin', and Dragon has a Tru Line jr. press for sale, but this press isn't anything like Dragon's, so I'm guessing that it's the Tru Line Sr., though I've never seen one.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Boolit Master

ID This Press?

Actually Lyman had two presses that seems to fit that description.

The Ezy Loader and the Tru-Line Sr.

Tru-Line Sr.

Ezy Loader

Nifty Storage Chest for the Ezy Loader

Function wise, the main difference is the Sr is a single station and the Ezy is a three station.

I have no experience using these. But from what I remember from others here is that the Ezy needs a proprietary sizing die to fit in the rear station. Also heard that they are not as easy to use as conventional loaders.
    Last edited by LUBEDUDE; 01-08-2016 at 03:36 PM.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Thank you, LUBEDUDE. It's the Tru-Line Sr., exactly as in your top photo, only this one is painted Lyman orange.

The person who sent it to me ran across another customer in a local gunshop who owned the press, but didn't know exactly what it was. I'll let him know the mystery has been solved!

Thanks again,

Fred

I just got one of the EzLoaders from a member here and I love it! Im now saving all of the 310 sized dies I come across to use it with my pistol calibers. The box is almost as neat as the press.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Banned
    Good luck on finding dies for the TL=Senior. Hope the owner keeps everything together, assuming he is the owner of the press.

It is a good, strong press that uses the old Ideal Armory dies.

Ken