RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: I need some 35 Caliber shooters to test some free boolits!

Boolit Man

I need some 35 Caliber shooters to test some free boolits!

I have a few samples of a new product that we are considering production of, and I need a few experienced reloaders/shooters of the 35 Remington, Whelen, etc. to run a few to check performance etc.

The boolit is a clone (Accurate Mold) of the classic RCBS 200 grn RNFP, but cut in plain base. These are coated in Hi-Tek coating and sized .360. Alloy at this time is the standard hardball (2-6-92), but production will likely be Lyman #2 (5-5-90) or Electotype (2.5-2.5-95).

In efforts to gather the most data, we would like to send out free sample packs (100 ct.) to CB members to evaluate. Participants must provide pics, weapon configuration info, chronograph readings, load data, and full writen review. Participants will also receive a discount code for 10% off future purchases.

I will continue to send samples to interested parties until I am out.

This will be the first of a few trials that we will be doing through this spring and summer, as we launch our new hunting line up of projectiles. We will also be running a couple options in for the 45-70, 45 LC, 44 mag, and 30 cal. Our goal is to provide those that do not cast with quality product at reasonable prices. Any suggestions or requests would be gladly entertained.

Thank you!

Chris
    Leatherhead Bullets LLC
    www.leatherheadbullets.com

Wow, what a deal! We get to use our own powder and components for 10% off future purchases? We get to use our own camera, chronographs and weapons and give you all our results for 10% off future purchases? Wow! What a deal!

Boolit Master
    PM sent

How light are you planning on making the .45-70 boolits? I have a .45 Colt revolver with an oversize barrel (.4575" grooves) which would give you a whole different set of results.
    "It is wrong always, everywhere, and for everyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence."
    -W. K. Clifford "The Ethics of Belief"

"They hate you if you're clever, and they despise a fool."
    -John Lennon "A Working Class Hero"

Boolit Man
    We will be running a 300 grn RNFP and a 405 FP. Once we get some ready, I will be posting them up for trial as well.

Thank you for your willingness to shoot them up.

Chris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yodogsandman View Post
    Wow, what a deal! We get to use our own powder and components for 10% off future purchases? We get to use our own camera, chronographs and weapons and give you all our results for 10% off future purchases? Wow! What a deal!
    They are supplying you 100 bullets for free.

Boolit Master
    Chris,
    I cast the RCBS 200gr for my .358 NM. It would be interesting to see how a plain base, coated bullet, stacks up against one that has a gas check and standard lube (White Label Carnauba Red). Count me in!
    Will you be at the gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend? If so, you can look me up there - Bill and I have two tables.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Yes, I will go along with your plan.
    I have a 35 Marlin and have done a lot of
    exp. with a lot of powders.
    I would be happy to help.
    And I just happen to have the other cal. you quoted.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!
    Ben Franklin

Boolit Man
    Thank you all for the interest and support. We have 3 more 100 ct. samples ready to go.

Chris

Boolit Grand Master

I would love to help but with the MN winters I can't do any testing in a timely manor. Hopefully the 45/70 tests will be in the spring or summer. If so I'm in.

Boolit Man
    Alright folks. We have all the prepackaged samples spoken for. I will likely be running another batch in Lyman #2 in the near future. I will update when I have some more available.

Thank you for all the gracious support.

Chris
    Leatherhead Bullets
    www.leatherheadbullets.com

Boolit Buddy
    Chris,
    very generous offer you made. I wish I had the rifles to give them bullets a try. I hope you get the results you are looking for.

Boolit Mold
    Count me in for future offers. I own 2 35 rems (Marlin 336) and 1 45-70 (Marlin 1895) and have a target range right outside the window of my loading and casting room.

Boolit Buddy
    Count me in for future 35 cal offers too. Winter is upon us here in MO and I do my shootings every weekend when I can. I use the 357 mag and the 358 win in the bolt action77/357 and the Browning BLR 81 respectively.
    Camba

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    If you are not overwhelmed You can send me some I'm a hard "A" critic! Just PM me if you are serious
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Buddy
    I've just gotten back a rebored Win 94 in 35/30-30 that I could give them a run in, I'm currently working on some bullets I cast from an NOE 360-200 mold & looking impatiently for an Accurate mold arrive so I can throw some 360-250b's, I'd be game to do some load devel. with the ones you are making on the RCBS pattern.

Doc

Boolit Bub
    I would try them in a 35 rem model 14 if you want.