WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Hollywood Press

Hollywood Press

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    rnangle929, it seems that you have an aluminum frame press, but which model? Is it a Model 3 or a Super Turret. A picture would be great.

As for locating the actual instruction sheet for your press I have never seen one. There are a lot of Hollywood owners on this site though most post in the "reloading tools" board. Of the many and several discussions we have no one has ever mentioned having an actual instruction sheet. Sales literature turns up from time to time but never any instructions.

You might try reposting under the reloading tools section and see what happens.

Ken

Banned
    that is a Model 3, they are fairly common. One identical to yours sold on eBay last week for $302.00. The only reason it went that high is I ran the bid up for the guy who bought it. I have to say I was a bit surprised at the low selling price.

Yours is a great press, it is mentioned for the first time in Phil Sharpe's 1953 book. It will be nice to see it back in use again.

Ken

Ken,
    Thanks once again. I'm getting educated on reloading and didn't want to buy a package that included equipment I didn't need. The inspiration for this arose from an inability to find ammo for my Sako .222 Magnum, ammo for which has become nearly non-existent. As long as I'm going down that road I thought I'd learn as much as I can. I appreciate your help very much.
    Richard

Boolit Grand Master

Sako 222 Mag, eh. Welcome to the madness, Richard. I predict you will spend a lot of time here.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Sako 222 Mag, eh. Welcome to the madness, Richard. I predict you will spend a lot of time here.
    Sounds as though you've had some experience. I'm trying to get an answer from Remington on when and whether they'll do another run of brass.

Boolit Grand Master

Let's see, 41Colt, 8x63mm, 10.5x47R - and hopefully a 25 Krag AI. Yeah, been there and doing it frequently. Cartridges Of The World and Donnley's book are reference tools. Now I'm learning to use the 310 tools and passing that on. I guess I do like complexity.
    Last edited by Wayne Smith; 01-14-2016 at 10:01 AM.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!