RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: 310 Adapter

Boolit Grand Master

310 Adapter

I like to use a 310 tool in camp for occasional reloading and to load my wax bullets. I prefer to use the stronger steel handles but they are made calibre specific whereas the later pot metal handles are made with a screw in adapter for each calibre. I got to looking and got busy on the late and milling machine and made a couple of slip in adapters so I can use the 45ACP steel handles for loading both my38's and the wife's 32's. They work just fine and I have the dimensions if anyone wants to make up a set. They do have to be a sliding fit in the handles as friction keeps them aligned.

Boolit Grand Master
    Or if you are REALLY knowledgeable about 310 handles, you know they made interchangeable steel ones for one year (1957??) and you move heaven and earth to get a large and a small set to really impress the unwashed masses!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Bub
    The Frog speaks.

Boolit Grand Master

Unfortunately I have never been able to come up with a set and I have 12 handles of various calibers now. I wanted one handle for my camper box that would handle all the pistol rounds I load in camp.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    Unfortunately I have never been able to come up with a set and I have 12 handles of various calibers now. I wanted one handle for my camper box that would handle all the pistol rounds I load in camp.
    Roger that! I tried to gather up enough steel handles in sizes that covered sufficiently large "families" to be able to load about anything I wanted, but when I found out about the interchangeable steel handles I was gone. I found the small set first at a gun show, but at the time was loading more rifle stuff, so I stayed at it until the large set showed up at another show. Fortunately, nobody back then was all that knowledgeable about the various handles (at least at the shows I frequent) so I got them for about $15 each. It's doubtful I'll get that lucky on any more of them.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"