Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks

Boolit Grand Master

Wink Fireworks

Do you have fireworks where you are?????
    We have a ban on them....But....you can get a permit for $25.00 to buy 5000 fireworks.
    No aerials.
    Only kind we can buy are the ones with the pull string. No fun in that.
    With the ban on aerials we've that aerials going off since before Thanksgiving.
    Lots of them going off all day today.
    Really nice big ones.
    The ban is really working.

Boolit Master
    No ban here, I live in the no mans land between suburbs. Launched a good amount last night for the family and kiddo.

Boolit Grand Master

Fireworks

Can't buy good ones if you live in this state. We are relegated to snakes and sparklers. But it you have an out of state license you can buy mortars and such at the many fireworks stands that are set up all over. Makes zero sense.

We heard and saw them going off all around. But, when chilling with your best friends and family, with a pig and briskets on the pit, who has the time or inclination for fireworks?

Boolit Master
    An unenforced law is merely a suggestion! like most of the existing gun laws we don't need more laws the ones we have are adequate, but not enforced. The governing bodies keep passing laws that are unenforceable to be able to say "I have done my JOB" reelect me!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Frank G.

They were going off like crazy last nie in Houston. Came down here for late dove and sighting in GKs rifles for youth deer, at Carters and HATE those muzzle brakes. Don't know why people relate natural ground movement with fracking.
    Whatever!

Banned

it was almost 20 below zero last night, plus an 8-10 mph wind started around midnight, nobody is lighting off anything.
    it's still minus 10 but I'm thinking about dong a little shooting this afternoon.

Omaha lifted the long time fireworks ban within the city as it was not enforced and the city needed more $$$. Every year there is a nice 15 -20 minute display downtown that starts at 7:00 pm. Not much wind last night with temp at 20 F.

Bright and sunny today taking Son shooting right now.

I heard one really loud boom last night. I am fairly sure I know who ignited it. I am guessing it was a case of tannerite set off with a full auto AR.

BB

Boolit Master
    Fire works very legal in North Pole, the fun starts at dark and lets loose about 11:30. Very pretty against the northern lights. The beagle slept through it in her bed in the backseat windows up in the garage. We don't do fireworks July fourth because of the fire danger, and it doesn't get dark anyway. Was some tannerite here and there.

Boolit Master

Legal in NH but they are expensive!! besides they scare the chickens and that means less eggs.

Small stuff like bottle rockets don't se we sent up 2 dozen last night just before bed at 10 pm

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Can't buy good ones if you live in this state. We are relegated to snakes and sparklers. But it you have an out of state license you can buy mortars and such at the many fireworks stands that are set up all over. Makes zero sense.
    They ask for a license to buy fireworks???

Boolit Master

Have them here. I don't know what the law is, but if we aren't supposed to have them it isn't enforced.

But, New Years isn't a big time around here for fireworks. The only ones that were set off last night was by a commercial fireworks guy who lives about 5 miles to the west.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    They ask for a license to buy fireworks???
    They sell them in Pa. to NY residents We're not responsible enough to have them here in NY so we sneak over the line to PA.and buy them there. It's to bad the sellers can't sell fireworks to there OWN state residents! Government, go figure.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Grand Master

My neighbors love to put on a good fireworks show, lots of mortars and big rockets. Good show last night, sounds like somebody had some leftovers tonight. City folks like to come up here to watch the show.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Years ago I worked in a small machine shop. The boss invited us to their 50th wedding anniversary party. After the dinner, we all went out on the deck and his son took a box out of the trunk of his car, maybe 36x24 inches. He took it out in the yard, opened the lid and pulled a bunch of plastic 35mm film canisters out all on cannon fuse and laid them out around the box. Then he lit a long fuse and made some distance between himself and the box. Holy smokes! That was the best home fireworks show I've ever seen. The film canisters were outrageously loud. The box was packed with elaborate mortars. Everything timed out to go off in sequence. Turns out the neighbor behind them was a pyrotechnic professional and put the box together as a gift. Wild.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Moderator Emeritus

MN bans anything that leaves the ground or explodes. Not that it stops anyone from driving to the Dakotas or WI and buying the good stuff. Someone 2 blocks down last night was launching mortars... put on a nice display! Then the neighbor across the street who is out of town did a couple mag dumps with his new AR at midnight... In between the bang of the mortars and the gunfire it sounded like a war zone

Moderator Emeritus

Here in Ga., I believe only sparklers are legal, but neighboring SC is only 30 min. away from where I am, and a great many folks go there and get whatever they can afford to buy, and ring the new year in with them. No police generally even try to stop any of it. We also have a town sponsored fireworks display on July 4th, but not for the new year. You can be several miles away from the fireworks display in town and see it very well, if not better, than if you're in the designated parking areas. It's a professionally done display, and pretty nice.

For myself, I got kind'a tired of it all years ago, except sometimes on the 4th, so just kind'a yawn and find something else to do. When I go, it's kind'a neat, but there's so much control and the events are so regimented and regulated, that it just kind'a loses its attraction due to that. I guess I'm just not that into fireworks unless I've got something to do with setting them off myself?

No one is setting any off around here [Mayberry]. I can get plenty of the good stuff across the border, but i'm too old to mess with that anymore.

Fireworks ! Another reason to like SC....lol. In the town I worked in they were banned so we would spend all night getting calls about fireworks. There are legal outside the city limits. Another town in the county allowed them till 10 pm if I recall correctly and all the kids would shoot them up by then and everybody would get to sleep. It's kind of like banning booze..... just let them have it a while and it will be ok. Out here in the country a lot of the neighbors shot them last night and I used to but older now. Loved them when I was a kid.
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.