WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone built something in 5.7x28 or 25 acp?

Boolit Master
    A few Photos of my Ruger .25ACP Single Eight Revolver:

Right side with cylinder dismounted. Left cylinder (#1 of 4) is chambered for .25ACP. Right cylinder (#4 of 4) is chambered for .250ALRM.

Under construction at my Gunsmith's shop.

Left side of completed revolver with .25ACP cylinder mounted.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot Bill View Post
    just like the efficiency of a 25 acp, around 6500 rounds per pound of powder and around 120-150 boolits per pound of lead. can be loaded for about 1/2 the cost of decent .22 lr ammo
    >22 Hornet, 1.5-2.0 grains Bullseye, 45 grain plain based bullet. One hole accurate at 25 yards and kills fox squirrels as well as .22 LR hollow points. Find an old Savage 219 or H&R rifle and be happy.

Boolit Master
    Mark,
    Did you get the Win. 1903 sorted out and develop some workable loads?
    Have you looked at Alliant "BE-86", Hodgdon "Power Pistol" or "CFE-Pistol" Propellants?
    Are you going to post a list of Propellants you are still considering?

As to QuickLOAD propellants list; neither "BE-86" nor "CFE-Pistol" is included as of Jan 2016 update.

I now have a Custom Ruger Single Eight in .25ACP, and other similar Calibers, that I have fired 3.0 Grains of "BE-86" under a 63 grain lead FP bullet and 3.1 grains of "BE-86" under a 50 Grain FMJ-RN Bullet, both from PPU .25ACP cases with WSP primers.

WARNING: this is NOT a SEMI-AUTO Pistol Recipe! Do NOT use in Short Barrel Firearms of dubious Strength!

Accuracy of the .25ACP is not helped by the Smooth bore Cylinder throat before the Bullet transitions to the Forcing cone of the Barrel itself.
    My Ruger has a 10-5/8" LW based Barrel so the breech face to muzzle distance is about 12 Inches.

No Velocity Data yet.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William
    Last edited by Chev. William; 07-18-2016 at 07:59 PM. Reason: format mod., add Warning note.

I have seen only two factory made 25acp rifles in my life. One was a little German, pre WW2
    Sporting Carbine, made by Dryse. Guy that had it for sale also had Dryse 16g semi shotgun.
    The other I don't remember the maker, but was Germanic looking bolt action. Both guns had
    detachable magazines. I was really tempted on the Dryse, but it had more parts than a $3 watch.
    It was a semi too.

Boolit Master
    Here it is February 2018 and i am still 'Twiddling my Thumbs' and 'Puttering' while I wait for my gunsmith to 'Catch Up' with The "money making Shop Projects" and get back to reaming and chambering my 'Low Cost' cylinders with my New JGS Precision Made Custom .25ACP Straight Cylinder Chamber Reamer that is nominal .2795" from case Mouth to Base in front of the Rim.
    So far I have:
    .25ACP WS#1
    .25ALR WS#2
    and have ordered
    .25MACP WS#3
    with plans for
    .25ALS WS#4 as soon as he finishes the '#3 reamer.

I had A 'Problem' with Factory .25ACP fired in my original .25ACP Cylinder (which as made using a Standard SAAMI type .25ACP tapered Semi-Automatic Chambers) "Bulgin g"the fired Cases circumferentially just ahead of the Web as the Chambers were about .283" at that end.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master
    The ".25MACP" reamer arrived at my home and has been delivered to my gunsmith now.
    I placed the order for the ".25 ALS WS#4" finish chamber reamer with JGS Precision.

Now to await production and developments.
    Chev. William

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I know a fella that has a 32 S&W long chamber in a single shot rifle . Rather cheap to load for that one .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12