Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk Multi-tools

Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    I never thought I'd want a multi-tool until I got a good deal on one about 10 years ago, now I don't
    go anywhere without it. Can't beat the quality of Victorinox.

Have that exact same one , for many years now , heavy duty.
    Years ago when Leathermans was getting popular , friends would say "I didn't know the Swiss made those too !"
    Would probably freak out if I lost it now as it is still in good shape and has saved me many a time.
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

I still carry a leathman original. I have carried extensively an original wave, and a leatherman mini tool.

The mini tool was okay because I normally only need the pliers, and always carry a normal pocket knife or sheath knife too. Also... The can opener got used a lot at work for tuna instead of fiddling with that dang electric can opener thing they had.

The wave was great. I sold it cause im dumb.... But I reckon I aught to get me another cause I really used it a lot and it was handy. I really liked the serrated blade and saw, and the diamond file.

The file on my pst is junk. It is only good for really soft steel, brass, or aluminum. I wish I could find a blade that I could fit into it and make a serrated blade for it. I've noticed that the pliers dont hold up too well to anything other than light duty stuff. I've cut barbwire with them a few times, and it gives a burr on the wire cutters that hinders the easy opening and use of the pliers until the burr is removed with a dremel or small file. All those bad points, and I think... why do even carry the pst? Well, cause its saved my butt a couple times, and I know its there should I need anything I'd otherwise have to walk across the farm, or across town, or back to town to get.

I have also owned a leatherman super tool 300.. but I didnt like the lock things on it, and gave it away. I'd really like to pick up an original super tool sometime though.

I have owned a couple gerber tools.. Not sure which model numbers. They were okay, but the wire cutters gave me trouble on them too. But im thinking about getting another one to try again.

All in all... i like multi tools

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way
    I have a Gerber, Swisstool, Leatherman Supertool and Wave. Gerbers are the only ones Ive ever broke!

The Wave is the one that gets carried these days. Easy access blades without having to open the tool. Good saw and file as well. Bit extender really helps with exchangeable bits!

Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    I never thought I'd want a multi-tool until I got a good deal on one about 10 years ago, now I don't
    go anywhere without it. Can't beat the quality of Victorinox.

Another vote for the Swiss ....
    Have the same one , for the same amount of time , has taken a lot of punishment and think I would go thru withdrawals if I lost it.
    Been looking on their site but do not seem to see this particular model ,close but not quite.
    Most all of them have the little scissors included.
    My biggest problem has been finding belt holders , decent ones thru time for the little beastie .
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    My biggest problem has been finding belt holders , decent ones thru time for the little beastie .
    This is one idea for you
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12