Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: replacement weight for scale

replacement weight for scale

Anyone know where I can get a replacement calibration weight for a Frankford Arsenal scale? Picked up one and the guy must have swapped the weights with a different scale. Seems I need a 50g and it came with a 100g weight which makes the scale useless as is.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Well I guess I found my own answer. Ebay of all places has them cheap. I will have to verify the weights when I get them. But for those in need it seems 10 nickels will be 50 grams and will at least get you running.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

get something as close as you can in weight and have a pharmacist weigh it on their scale then you can file off a little at a time till you get 50.0 grams

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Depends on the age and wear of the nickels! And how accurate you want to be.

I collect old balance beam scales like were used in pharmacies and stores 150 years ago. I have over 40 complete sets of weights but I would never take just ONE 50g weight out of a complete set to sell.

Glad you found one. Have it verified on an accurate pharma scale B4 ever trusting it as a standard to cal your digital scale.
    And good luck finding a pharmacy that has a scale today! All drugs come pre-made in pill form, not like the old days where pharmacists weighed out the compounds on accurate scales and made the pills in a press.

banger

Boolit Master
    Please note: a nickel will weigh 5 Grams. therefor 10 will be 50Gm
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    ...And good luck finding a pharmacy that has a scale today! All drugs come pre-made in pill form, not like the old days where pharmacists weighed out the compounds on accurate scales and made the pills in a press.

banger
    Though it is true of the big chain drugstores, it's not quite true for all drug stores. Look for a compounding pharmacy. They make stuff up from the various component to order. I've got a tube of ultrasound gel with lidocaine in it that was compounded for me some years ago. To do that, they have to be able to make accurate measurements.