Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Reloading tool for 22lr

Reloading tool for 22lr

If you enjoye shooting 22lr then you may want this tool set in your reloading room. My brother just gave me one for chris-x and I can't wait to try it out yall check this web sight out

22lrreloader.com

You just may want to get you one to have around
    ALWAYS RELOAD AND SHOOT SAFE

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    How do they handle repriming, and what do they use as primer mix?
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Interesting ... but not for me. I will continue to enjoy my 221 Fireball center-fire. Easy and cheap to reload. It may gain a following but I think the folks who shoot small capacity center-fire cartridges like me will not be interested. Looks very tedious and not very safe.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Grand Master

I first saw rimfire reloading kits in the mid-sixties in an American Rifleman. They only lasted a short time, prolly because they were labor intensive and 22 rimfire was readily available. The current model is much the same, interesting, but too much work for what they are worth. In a situation where 22 lr were no longer available (for reals, not just hard to get), I would just load my .223 extra light with 40 gr. cast bullets...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Load a couple of hundred, and report back. This one has been discussed (and cussed) previously. 22LR is coming back into general availability. I guess the horders are full up. Prices are coming back down as well.

Plus, it getting easier to load 22CF pretty cheaply. I use a SP and a 22 pellet in 22 Hornet cases. They do surprisingly well.

Boolit Buddy
    I might try it some day as a Just Because I Can thing, but for now I'll keep shooting the 223 for the price of 22's. I just need more people leaving the 22s cases behind so I can keep making them into bullets
    Swaging. Keeping the 40's running for the price of .22's
    and .223 bullets for a fraction of a cent!

The reviews I have seen of it (and the accuracy/reliability they were getting) makes me not want to even try it.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the heads up. I did order one. Sometimes I do things because I can, and this is one of them. I suspect with the priming mixture they sell, this can actually work out pretty good. The priming mixture will also work in homemade percussion caps, so I think that this could be a fun venture. I saw good enough reviews to make it interesting.

Sometimes for me, it's not all about money or ease, but keeping myself occupied. A guy can p!ss away the cost of this kit in one night out, and there really is nothing to show for it. So, for me, I will mess with this for quite a while and if it does not work for me, I still will have another bullet mold.