Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just letting my friends on cast boolits know

Boolit Grand Master

Just letting my friends on cast boolits know

Monday afternoon evening I had a flair up with the MS got back into bed and have pretty much been there ever since tues and wensday I could hardly walk with the walker but the sons been helping wth leg exersises and things Today is the first Ive bbeen in the living room, but I am back to using the cane again in the house today. Had a great christmas with the kids and grandkids So all is well or getting better.

glad you had a good Christmas, and I hope you feel better. my granddad had m.s. and I fear that I might also. am trying to get in to do a test that has something to do with shocking you through your legs, it is supposed to be fairly painful
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Glad to here your better

Perma-Banned

Glad to hear that you are improving.

Boolit Grand Master

Oh yes that test is a joy and uncomfortable. Also an MRI (noisy but comfortable. will show the lesions in the brain and spinal corf The y normly do head neck and orbs on me. Its about 45 mins each time with and with out dye. Make sure they warm the dye before injecting as it really burns if still cold. That test is unconfortable and no fun but is bearable, I was lucky the ms caused numbness in legs arms feet and hands.

Boolit Master

Best wishes.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Best wishes on getting back to where you were!

Being down is no fun.

God Bless.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear this, my Friend. Glad you are getting better. I had a bout with mine last summer and spent several days doing nothing except hanging out on CB and watching cooking shows on tv.

Boolit Grand Master

O.K. Kid, Country Gent offered to talk with me when I was diagnosed and I would be happy to talk with you. I expect that he would too. Please feel free to PM me. Talking with others help you cope.

Moderator Emeritus

Glad you are up and about again. I have also had that test, as stated it is bearable, just not a lot of fun.

Moderator Emeritus

Electromyelogram, I have had 4 of them, arms and legs... think cattle prod...

Quote Originally Posted by The O.K. KIDD View Post
    glad you had a good Christmas, and I hope you feel better. my granddad had m.s. and I fear that I might also. am trying to get in to do a test that has something to do with shocking you through your legs, it is supposed to be fairly painful

Moderator Emeritus

^^ Yup, nailed it.

I have a good friend that has MS flareups now and then... and I will tell you it isn't nice at all, god bless you for hanging in there with all that pain. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Master

country gent glad your Christmas went good with the family. Sorry to hear of the flair up again. I said a prayer for your recovery and would like for you to be able to get around good without pain.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Electromyelogram, I have had 4 of them, arms and legs... think cattle prod...
    Isn't it awful how much pain they put you in to find out what's wrong? "Think cattle prod" just gives me the willies.

May the good Lord ease your pain and and give you comfort.

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master

On that test it isnt so powerful an electric shock (but it is uncomfortable) its the repeatability. Doctor did me it started at foot up the leg sides arms and a few spots on face each side it may be 20-30 times a side finding out where the shorts are at LOL. And dont think you going to fight it and stay still, when the connection is made youll shake and jerk LOL. Yes OKkidd Im more thnan willing to talk to you and help with this as much as I can, Im actually one of the lucky ones with MS as I have no pain I have constant numbness in legs and feet arms and hands and some vision issues also some i donnt want to be public. MS is unique in that it causes the white blood cells to attach the melanine ( lining on the nerves) basically causing shorts. It can cause pain numbness affect vision balance anything controlled by nerves. The big problem is when it starts affecting involentary functions. On the plus side there are much better medications to control it and they are getting closer to a cure every day. Smile and do what you want can do, You can do what you did before but it just may not be done the same way.

In Remembrance

MS forced a best friend of mine to retire early from the Penn. railroad machinery shop. He is fighting this ailment as hard as any person would fight to recover from a malady. He has 2 power chairs, 1 for indoors and the other for garage and outdoor work. He still mows his 3 acres of lawn on a JD yard tractor at his home N of Pittsburg and tries to maintain his flowers and veggie garden as much as he can. He, up until last year, could walk down his basement stairs to his `Lab` for making aerial and ground fireworks besides his reloading equipment. He made it to 65 this year and still has a sharp mind and his W Va/Pa sense of humor and drawl. His biggest problem that MS brought him was infrequent migrane headaches that can hang on for several days and more. Sorta wish that I`d known him as a youngster so we could have gotten into devilment together as we grew up with me as his `older Brother`.Robert

Boolit Grand Master

Well crying and complaining dosnt help any at all. Keeping spirts up and doing all you can and ejoying each moment helps alot more. Staying active is importamt also. I feel at a match going down to the awards at the other end of the line. A buddy came over to help and I looked up at him and ask him, Did you know gravity was still turned on? He was laughing when he ask if I was okay and I was when I answered him. the others tha came over to offer help were to I got a gouple hand holds from them and popped right back up. MS is a pain in the butt but not an end all death sentence.

Boolit Master

God bless you and your family and I pray for healing for your affliction.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Well you certainly have a good positive attitude. Looking forward to shooting beside you next season.
    Cheers,
    R
    Spes Mea in Deo Est